RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 AM

Best thing to do is to get a small spiral notepad (one that would fit in your pocket) and a pen or pencil and carry it with you wherever you go for a couple of weeks and just start writing things down. When you get enough items to satisfy yourself then transfer them to a spreadsheet or Word document, and number them in such a way so that you can roll dice to randomly determine items. And do not just write down useful stuff, write down stuff that just looks interesting (such as a wine cork or a couple of golf tees). Oh, be sure to write down your pad and paper and pen/pencil!

In fact, if people want to do this and then post their results here I can whip up a spreadsheet that will randomly generate a list of X number of items. And remember, the more items the more realistic your game!

Last edited by Mock26; 06-04-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mock26 View Post
Best thing to do is to get a small spiral notepad (one that would fit in your pocket) and a pen or pencil and carry it with you wherever you go for a couple of weeks and just start writing things down. When you get enough items to satisfy yourself then transfer them to a spreadsheet or Word document, and number them in such a way so that you can roll dice to randomly determine items. And do not just write down useful stuff, write down stuff that just looks interesting (such as a wine cork or a couple of golf tees). Oh, be sure to write down your pad and paper and pen/pencil!

In fact, if people want to do this and then post their results here I can whip up a spreadsheet that will randomly generate a list of X number of items. And remember, the more items the more realistic your game!
Hmmm well at work I usually carry the following

Army Notepad
Pen
Cell Phone
Wallet
Swiss Army Knife
Army Roll Call Book

My Wallet has

Pictures of the wife and kids
Pictures on Brothers kids
Credit Cards (Army Amex and my MC)
Bank Card
Blockbuster Membership Card
Army ID
Army Blue Cross Card
Scout Leader Coin
Who to call if trouble card
Phone Card
Old 06-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Items I have used:

Personal photos of the dead guys family to make the PCs think
Zippo Lighter with unit sheild with a engraving from his wife
Paperback book
Battered old crossword puzzle
lengths of 550 or paracord
legths of time fuse or det cord <used to denote a demo type>
Assorted rounds
tobacco
money
jewelry
plastic baggie w/ears or fingers
soft cover or boonie cover
crevate
gloves

As for T2K, I did incorporate that into a campaign once, the PCs happened upon a shack in the middle of a farm area, it was currently covered in snow and a blizzard was moving in. They found some books, magazines, cards and a couple moduels and dice in the bookshelf in the kitchen.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester View Post
Items I have used:
As for T2K, I did incorporate that into a campaign once, the PCs happened upon a shack in the middle of a farm area, it was currently covered in snow and a blizzard was moving in. They found some books, magazines, cards and a couple moduels and dice in the bookshelf in the kitchen.
That could be fun- "You find a hand drawn map in the pocket of the dead body. There are no notes or directions on it, except for a large green money sign near a castle."
Old 06-04-2010, 09:11 PM
The Stat Guy

And don't forget your Airborne coin or you'll be pushin'!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 06-04-2010, 10:18 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Another piece of kit I often include in some of my characters is a claymore clacker. It generates enough power to blow a charge.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 AM

in relation to the demo guys mentioned earlier, medical personnel would probably have EMT shears, hemostats, and IV tourniquets in their LBE/V/webbing, in addition to whatever they kept in their actual aid bags.

A guy who knows his way around a long gun might carry shooting sticks.
For pre war USAREUR troops, a Graf Jacket would becommon.
Pre War
Old 06-05-2010, 02:26 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester View Post
Another piece of kit I often include in some of my characters is a claymore clacker. It generates enough power to blow a charge.
One debate we always had about the claymore clacker was whether it could be used as a torture device. We were always told never to try it out, and I unfortunately (or, I guess, fortunately) never found anyone who actually did try it to see whether it could generate enough of a charge to torture anyone.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com

Tags
random items