RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 11-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Internet Intellectual

Default PF 010 Final Watch

Combined Team Seattle's Mission was to help the survivors of Seattle rebuild the shattered remains of their city. Command Team UC-1C hadn't bargained on what had happened to the city after the passage of 150 years. They were even less prepared for the threat of annihilation of the Morrow Project they faced alone in the fog of the Pacific Northwest.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:21 PM

This module is one of the harder ones. The team has a Ranger (poor saps!), they are in the middle of a 150-year old war AND dealing with the after effects of a major volcanoic event. Talk about raining on the players!

The first of TMP's radio relay stations is introduced. And we have a race to prevent the bad guys from getting their hands on 150-year old SLBMs......what fun!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Internet Intellectual

It is the volcanic event I find completely implausible.

I can't see that the worldwide exchange of nukes is going to set off volcanoes.

The Soviets should be far more bad ass. Soviet Airborne troops are chosen partly for their political reliability and almost totally ethnically Russian....

These should be the Red Banner waving "Die, Capitalist pig dogs" Communists and universally unfriendly to anything "Amerikanski".
Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 AM

The big problem with this module is the physical geography.

Volcanic gases/dust are poisonous in the short term BUT after 150 years the stuff would have broken down into very fertile soil (there's a reason people still farm on the slopes of Mount Etna). I suspect that this module was written soon after the Mount St Helens eruption - and before it was realised just how quickly the local ecology recovered

The area is a Temperate Rain Forest in real life. That's not going to change because of a few nukes and volcanoes. This amount of rainfall will have an interesting effect on dry volcanic dust.

Thirdly, I've always found the Truckers and Bikers with wooden/iron wheels to be a liitle odd.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Thirdly, I've always found the Truckers and Bikers with wooden/iron wheels to be a liitle odd.

Not so odd, the first bike/auto wheels were wood and iron and later wood and rubber.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Not so odd, the first bike/auto wheels were wood and iron and later wood and rubber.
You can go farther back in time. Roman trade wagons seemed to be built around wood and iron.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
The big problem with this module is the physical geography.

Volcanic gases/dust are poisonous in the short term BUT after 150 years the stuff would have broken down into very fertile soil (there's a reason people still farm on the slopes of Mount Etna). I suspect that this module was written soon after the Mount St Helens eruption - and before it was realised just how quickly the local ecology recovered

The area is a Temperate Rain Forest in real life. That's not going to change because of a few nukes and volcanoes. This amount of rainfall will have an interesting effect on dry volcanic dust.

I would be thinking that an event of this size would have made all of Washington, Idaho, and Montana, along with the southern portions of the neighboring Canadian Provinces just as or even more uninhabitable.

The prevailing winds are west to east. Look up the ash fall patterns for Mt. St. Helens sometime to see what I am talking about.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:22 PM

Of course, if one is a truly evil PD....just have the Yellowstone Super Volcano blow....this will require a truly awesome amount of prep work by the PD, but is an excellent way to screw with a player team's collective mind!

"But the map says there is a mountain....where is the mountain?!??!"