RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 08-20-2015, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Default Nazi Gold Train Found in Poland?

Personally, I'm skeptical. Although I doubt that these claims will prove accurate, I hope that they do. This legend could make for a really interesting encounter/campaign hook for a Poland-based campaign.

http://news.yahoo.com/men-claim-nazi...105846768.html
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 08-20-2015, 03:31 PM

Default Or?

How about Aztec gold or the Cortez stash in the Arizona Mountains?
More realistic however is “finding” a collector / survivalist weapons and gear stash after the dust settles, at least here in western Colorado. I have seen two that were amazing and that was over twenty years ago. I have of course heard about a number in this area but without confirmation.
A partial list of one;
One Ma deuce fifty in working order and legal with it a .30 air cooled also legal.
Twin .30 carbine full auto and an Uzi, then fourteen examples of military full auto weapons from WWII.
Add in the fifty or more service handguns of various types and you have a beginning of this one man’s collection.
His armory connected to a years’ worth for twelve of food, generators and water purification equipment
About the only stuff he did not have were explosives and he had permits to get them for his “ranch/farm” as he might need.
The one good thing was he was mostly sane and a Korean War vet. And reserve Lt. Col. Retired.
Yes I still visit with him and no I will not say where this is at.
Tis better to see them afor they see you.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. Ox View Post
The one good thing was he was mostly sane.....
Mostly.....

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Registered Registrant

Ah ha! This is the same claim that mpipes referenced in his thread Adventure Seed. Seems this particular Nazi gold story is really doing the rounds.
http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=4933
Old 08-20-2015, 08:56 PM

Default now this is truely funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Mostly.....
The man who a uses "Blood soaked, axe wielding psycho" comments.
LOL I love this place!!!
And he is the guy that is a MG gunner and wonders if my man who used a 50 in Korea is all there.
Hell no! He is only mostly sane LOL, just like me.
I am of the generation of cops that thinks it is ok for a non-criminal to have legal rock and roll weapons but then I am also of the generation that had people running and hiding because we had that horrible PTSD and might have a flash back.
Many years ago I gave a demonstration open to the public at our law enforcement shooting range.
I gave a brief description and then I and some of the more experienced (make that prior military) Officer fired the various weapons. The targets were various breakable objects so that it was very dramatic.
After the show was over a lady came up to me and asked if I was in charge, I replied that I had been tasked with preparing and putting on the demonstration. She then proceeded to tell me that I had damaged the many boy and Girl Scout aged young people that had attended and that many of them would very likely think they should join the Military.
I just stood by and waited for the punch line until I realized that was it.
I told her that all the demonstrators in the program were exmilitary and that several were still in the reserves. She responded with “well nothing can be done about them they are already damaged, but you should not teach killing to children and make it look like it was fun or even enjoyable.”
I told her she may be right that I was indeed afflicted with PTSD and that one or two others may have similar problems, she stepped back a step and said “and the Sheriff lets you work as a Deputy with a GUN! “She paused; I smiled (not a very good idea after my statement.” I am going to see that you are dismissed if it is the last thing I do!”
I said yes mam there are a number of people that feel that way, of course all of the others are in Prison.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:26 PM

I told her she may be right that I was indeed afflicted with PTSD and that one or two others may have similar problems, she stepped back a step and said “and the Sheriff lets you work as a Deputy with a GUN! “She paused; I smiled (not a very good idea after my statement.” I am going to see that you are dismissed if it is the last thing I do!”
I said yes mam there are a number of people that feel that way, of course all of the others are in Prison.

You should have then offered your best Cheshire cat grin and added.....
"Should I make a reservation for you Ma'am....may haps sharing a suite with a hooker? She'ld obviously teach you some manners."

Last edited by mpipes; 08-20-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:42 AM

People like that truly test my sanity and self control.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

And while we're finding things in Poland:
http://news.yahoo.com/polish-river-r...142536183.html
Old 09-07-2015, 04:43 AM

Maybe its really there!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-evidence.html
Old 09-08-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN7 View Post
Maybe its really there!
Doubt it. I used Google Maps, and looked at Walbrzych Poland.

I clicked on "Search Nearby," and when I entered 'Nazi Gold Train' or even 'missing Nazi gold train,' it didn't show anything.

Uncle Ted
Old 09-10-2015, 01:27 AM

I think that's one of the features you have to buy Google Maps Pro to see...
Old 09-10-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
I think that's one of the features you have to buy Google Maps Pro to see...
No man, the gold's already gone. Google sent one of those guys driving around, mapping the world 24/7 with the big dish/dome on the roof of their car to collect it as soon as the rumor surfaced. The gold is already on its way to the nearest Google facility in the trunk of that guy's car.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:07 PM
The Stat Guy

A whole train made of gold!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 09-10-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
The gold is already on its way to the nearest Google facility in the trunk of that guy's car.
Is that all? He must have really big pockets for the rest of it!!!

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-11-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
A whole train made of gold!
Yes. They "switched the flip, and melted it down with Y rays. How many times do I have to tell you, you cannot trust the system! Poop to you satellites!"
Old 09-11-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Is that all? He must have really big pockets for the rest of it!!!
It's all part of Google's plan to rule the world. I know this must be true, a guy who works at Bing told me it was.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Internet Intellectual

This is going to take more than a metal detector from walmart.

Actually, I am rather curious what they turn up in any of the tunnels.

Late in the allied air campaign the NAZIs had to move factories into tunnels.

The coal gas apparatus for turning bituminous coal into diesel and kerosene would be something I would like to get a first hand look at.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
The coal gas apparatus for turning bituminous coal into diesel and kerosene would be something I would like to get a first hand look at.
Tell you what, you can have your sight seeing and I'll keep the gold. That's a fair division isn't it?

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Tell you what, you can have your sight seeing and I'll keep the gold. That's a fair division isn't it?
You have to cover the expenses! I must atleast have five star eating and sleeping accommodations. Oh, no one should sleep on less than 800 thread count sheets in the first world. Really.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:36 PM

You're supposed to be a soldier! Lucky if I give you a moth eaten sleeping bag and a bush to put it under!

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Registered Registrant

If this does turn out to be not some old passenger/freight train used to haul troops out at the last minute and it does actually have loot, I'm kinda hoping it's carrying the panels from the Amber Room
With the way the Russians are carrying on about who owns whatever might be on the train, they seem to believe they have a claim to whatever the train's carrying, some of them might be thinking the same thing as me.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
You're supposed to be a soldier! Lucky if I give you a moth eaten sleeping bag and a bush to put it under!
Come now! Let's be civilized! Now cognac or sherry?
Old 09-11-2015, 08:38 PM

Sherry, of course!

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-14-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
If this does turn out to be not some old passenger/freight train used to haul troops out at the last minute and it does actually have loot, I'm kinda hoping it's carrying the panels from the Amber Room
With the way the Russians are carrying on about who owns whatever might be on the train, they seem to believe they have a claim to whatever the train's carrying, some of them might be thinking the same thing as me.
They've been showing ground-penetration radar scans which purports to show a rather long, heavy object roughly the size of a train buried under the earth, with protrusions that would seem to indicate gun/tank turrets.

The Poles are pretty adamant that whatever's there is property of the Polish government, and any "valuables" that may belong to other parties that may be discovered there would be "returned to their rightful owners in due course". Basically the diplomatic way of saying "f**k off Putin."

I like the comment one guy made about the Russian's claims. "Maybe we can ship back Russia's share via the Ukraine. Slight handling fee expected..."
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake
Old 12-10-2015, 02:11 PM

Default Daily Mail: Nazi gold train Deathbed confession leads treasure hunters to secret loca

closer......

Daily Mail: Nazi gold train Deathbed confession leads treasure hunters to secret location. Polish officials claim seen proof on radar

If true, I will have to stifle my cynical self and wait for the movie...

Uncle Ted
Old 12-10-2015, 05:01 PM

Default Wellllll

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkated View Post
closer......

Daily Mail: Nazi gold train Deathbed confession leads treasure hunters to secret location. Polish officials claim seen proof on radar

If true, I will have to stifle my cynical self and wait for the movie...

Uncle Ted
Sorry Uncle Ted but aug till Dec and no "evidence" er... but then I'm older and wiser smile
Old 12-10-2015, 11:28 PM

I someone from Warsaw visit our office last week for training. I got curious and asked him if this was a big deal. I can't remember exactly what he said but he believes there is probably a buried train but that no treasure will be found.

We also talked about the recent find of some german armoured vehicles in a river. He noted that the locals knew they were there cause they would see them in years the river was low. It wasnt until someone interested in recoverying them was it announce on the news "old WW2 vehicles found!"
Old 12-11-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. Ox View Post
Sorry Uncle Ted but aug till Dec and no "evidence" er... but then I'm older and wiser smile
I do have to apologize. I had been looking for an entry I had seen a few days ago about the armored train (see the Railway Campaign topic), and this came up; I looked at the top of the page, which had the current date, and did not look at the date line of the actual story, and thought they had said something new. I'm too used to (physical) newspapers, where they would (of course) be the same date.

If you look back, I'm the one who likes this rumor as a good way to ambush parties of treasure seekers

Uncle Ted
Old 12-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Default When Something Sounds Too Good to Be True...

http://www.vice.com/read/turns-out-t...ood-to-be-true

... it probably is.

Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 01-12-2016, 10:39 PM

mean time i'm looking into some decent spelunking gear because i found a few things out in a near-distant treeline that line up with an old rumor.
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.