RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Question Tri-state Research Facility

I'm planning an expedition to TSRF - a group effort would be better anyone wan't to join?
Old 12-31-2008, 05:00 AM
Out on bail

I'll definitely join you. I've been wanting to check out that place for some time now. Earlier I tried to "secure" it, but I was prevented from "rescuing" anything..
Old 01-02-2009, 06:53 AM

Default Tristate missions

Any mission to reconoiter or scavenge the trsf must first pass one of the preliminary phases before being played in an FtF :

the getting together and getting there must be resolved -its a long way into unaccessible terrain to get there .discussions about this can be done between players before sessions and by studying the map.

the area outside your immideate surroundings is in anarchy or devestated.all patrols so far have reported that attacks occur randomly and frequently.

on the other hand no response from tsrf has been made - it is silent .it could be abandoned.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:43 AM

Default map of tsrf

HQ could you provide a google map of this....it would help in future planning.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 AM

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
HQ could you provide a google map of this....it would help in future planning.

I can dig it out - I thought you had google earth maps of it or had dotted it in the good table to maps you made ?

Please check for it here first, and then get back if there is nothing at all .

As far as I remember it is in the coastal ranges app where the boundaries of bakersfield,san simeon and LA enclave met way back in 2012 game time or so .
Old 01-05-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
I can dig it out - I thought you had google earth maps of it or had dotted it in the good table to maps you made ?

Please check for it here first, and then get back if there is nothing at all .

As far as I remember it is in the coastal ranges app where the boundaries of bakersfield,san simeon and LA enclave met way back in 2012 game time or so .
Ahhh...those were the days (2012) - Milgov fighter/bomber attacks....ahh....
Old 01-30-2009, 01:50 AM

Default ALL PLAYERS READ THIS: Mission to TSRF vs Situation at home

An astute player has brought to my attention that people might be overwhelmed by choices to make ,and that there will be made no headway to get on with a good FtF killing spree (pen and paper style )

-as opposed to sitting around and shooting the sh*t like we use to for 12 hours .

Preemptively I have come up with a condensation of the sit reps that you have been given to help you decide :

"Things couldnt be worse"
-of course they always can in my campaign .

As I have stated through mails,posts and in conversations - your former little territories are in a mess.All of you have been given info on what exactly seems to be the problem -mainly how FUC**D everything is everywhere.

(Pardon my French)

To be blunt : Yes , you may choose to go on a mission other than starting a clean up operation of your former petty kingdoms and still have the banditinfested,marauder-ravaged,carpetbombed,radioactive,decaiyng,disease ridden,raw sewage-smelling,trash covered,fought over,smouldering,polluted dump that you call home when you return...probably.

I am not making any promises either way but things are so bad that : during a trip that takes a couple of weeks there is a VERY low probablility of things taking a turn for the worse back at the ranch.

It is already so unbeliveably bad that I sometimes wake up scared in the night for being able to imagine a society so utterly devoid of hope and its inhabitants ,in the souls of which ,such hunger and bottomless darkness.

But thats neither here no there.

If there are further questions on the situation on the ground in your various fiefs please PM me as soon as possible .Read the PMs ,mails and update bulletins that have been sent .They outline it pretty clear I guess.

As deCorba stated in a PM - " well if it is that bad, maybe it will do some good to get away for a week"

when that is said - I take it that you guys will be trying for the TSRF for your scheduled field trip.Very well.You asked for it

hehe

Rest assured - there will be choices that will have to be made that will make you scream at eachother in anger and frustration -and a few nasty surprises I hope .So - if you wanted a game that you knew how would turn out you should have stuck to chess.Going sour over loss of "player characters life",loss of gear or loss of territory or affiliated NPCs is a bonus for me as a GM .hehe.You want a game that gives you highs and lows - well consider such bad fortunes in a session my gift to you.Imagine how cool it will be when you get everything back and get revenge .hehe.

I hope everybody is sufficiently informed to make a decision -and sufficiently paranoid to keep doubting it until its all played out.

tristate research facility it is .

cant wait to play.

Last edited by headquarters; 01-30-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Out on bail

Cool 3-state here we come!!

I guess this settles it - we are going to 3srf!

I have only been there once, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it properly. And by properly I mean with a big gun in my hands, shooting at all that moves, hoarding all valuables I see.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:37 AM

Default 3srf Info

NEWS AND INFO ON THE 3RSF :
(shared info /evil warlord intelpool)

the facility was moved from its original location mid 2018 in an attempt by the NDP scientific ministerium to limit access to its research results by other parties in the chaotic PacGov State.The reason was stated as being safeguarding it against attack by MilGov forces in the event of a successful MilGov anding on Hawaii.

The facility still remains secret to the population and probably to the enemy as well.

The location did not remain secret for long internaly in PacGov however - and news of construction of a tunnelsystem leaked through various intelligence sources that your factions had access to respectively .The staff,equipment and all finished prototypes were supposedly moved to an area close to or in WHITNEY PORTAL

(Mt.Whitney ,CA)

Coordinates are believed to be :
36* 35' 09.76" North
118* 14' 28.27" West

There has been no news from that area or any transmissions for more than 121 days , due to the collapse of PacGov military control and command and the rapid advance of the MilGov forces in the latter part of the war .

The area was originally garrisoned by the 8.Mountain battalion of the Pacific Mountain Regiment.They had no troop contingent in the supposed facility area.

Poulation in the area numbered around 200 people -mostly living of the land or providing services for the PacGov forces in the area.