RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 07-24-2018, 04:55 PM

Default Can we agree on this?

If Prime Base is to be a going concern it will have to be one of the first things the Project builds, because if it isn't finished by the late 1970s or very early 1980s the regulatory framework in the USA and the ability of satellites to pick up "odd" construction sites will mean it will be almost impossible for the site not to be discovered by someone, either the Department of Labor or the Soviet Military Space Forces.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsofian View Post
If Prime Base is to be a going concern it will have to be one of the first things the Project builds, because if it isn't finished by the late 1970s or very early 1980s the regulatory framework in the USA and the ability of satellites to pick up "odd" construction sites will mean it will be almost impossible for the site not to be discovered by someone, either the Department of Labor or the Soviet Military Space Forces.
Sure, and it would be easier to update the "mine equipment" than keep digging later anyway.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Yes and it predates fusion power in the project as well. So how do they build a base without a fusion power source and then figure out how to retro fit it for fusion after everything is done and all set, that will be an interesting story indeed.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
Yes and it predates fusion power in the project as well. So how do they build a base without a fusion power source and then figure out how to retro fit it for fusion after everything is done and all set, that will be an interesting story indeed.
Could have had the locomotive sized generators that they could remove, and a large diesel reserve as well....one headache at a time.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Wait... why?

They will need the site, certainly, but I don't see why they would need to do more than secure it and maybe hollow out and support the space. Maybe build the physical structure. But there is zero need to populate it or stock it or equip it, and little reason to do so. You need an ingress but it can be a subway line built entirely underground from miles away - we can do that now and the Project has far better technology available, especially later.

Delaying lets you put in state of the art tech appropriate to your single most important installation, especially as you get closer to the war and have better available. If you put a shipping hub for Morrow Industries 10 miles away no one will know what is getting loaded through the access tunnel.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:06 PM

Proving that nope, we can't agree on anything. I was pretty certain this was the situation but I just wanted to be certain
Old 07-26-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Proving that nope, we can't agree on anything. I was pretty certain this was the situation but I just wanted to be certain
I'm assuming you are still working on the re-write of the Prime Base module for possible publishing. So what does Chris at TML think Prime Base would have been completed? After all anything written (for possible publishing) has to fit some how into the grand plan of the morrow universe?
Old 07-27-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
It proves that everything is up for discussion. And I for one am more than willing to continue discussing this.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
I'm assuming you are still working on the re-write of the Prime Base module for possible publishing. So what does Chris at TML think Prime Base would have been completed? After all anything written (for possible publishing) has to fit some how into the grand plan of the morrow universe?
I think this hits the nail on the head. There is (or should be) a grand plan for the official publications, and it is hard for anyone not "in on" that grand plan to really contribute or even comment in a useful manner. If we are each starting with different philosophical ideas about the game universe, how can we really share game elements?
Old 07-27-2018, 06:25 PM

Based on the fact every edition has a different timeline the only version acceptable to the powers that be would match the current edition. Otherwise the variations would require too many different sections of the rules covering each eventuality.

Personally I am covered (pre publication edition myself) by the original although as a player only I never picked up any modules so as not to spoil the fun. Pity as I was in touch with the designers I could have probably gotten autographed ones.