RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Gunmaster psyche rules

MajorPo 05-17-2008, 07:31 AM Hi Guys, Targan told me that General Pain wanted to get a look at our house rules for developing character psychological problems. The ratios of prevalence of the different disorders on our charts mimic those seen in reality. The overall chance of having a disorder is considerably higher than it is in our current world. This was to reflect the fact that the cyberpunk 2020 world is a lot nastier and more stressful than our own. I think that probably applies to the Twilight world as well.

Enjoy
(edit; during migration the thread attachment was misplaced, I have attached it at the bottom of this thread) kato13

kato13 05-17-2008, 09:06 AM Thanks for making these. I had actually read them about 18 months ago and they encouraged me to look over the entire gunmaster/harnmaster system.

I will probably never use the entire harnmaster system (I use a custom one). However as some one who follows the "Absorb what is useful" philosophy there are certainly many good parts I can adapt to my system. Such as your tables.

thefusilier 05-17-2008, 11:31 AM Nice work. This looks very interesting and I'm sure I could use myself. Thanks.

General Pain 05-19-2008, 04:11 AM Im looking forward to checking these out when I get home from work. I just came home from Berlin this weekend....an excellent city ...loads of fun....perhaps a bit to much cigars and alchohol but that's life anyway...

With your permition I'll post it at TBBoW...

(You will offcourse be mentioned at the contribution page.)

Headquarters 05-19-2008, 04:21 AM Im looking forward to checking these out when I get home from work. I just came home from Berlin this weekend....an excellent city ...loads of fun....perhaps a bit to much cigars and alchohol but that's life anyway...

With your permition I'll post it at TBBoW...

(You will offcourse be mentioned at the contribution page.)

I think we should abreviate as "thebigbook" rather

hehe

5 days until our next FtF -let the bloodbath commence!!

(on paper -not like that time you were going to show us "how sharp your cheap ass Hong Kong Katana really was -=E.R 4 hours or that time you went out for a smoke on the terrase of mys sisters house and cut your foot on that stone ( 3 hrs E.R) BOTH times effectivley ending our session !!!)

I am not saying that your physical health is unimportant -but could you try to bleed only when its your round ?

he

General Pain 05-19-2008, 04:25 AM I think we should abreviate as "thebigbook" rather

hehe

5 days until our next FtF -let the bloodbath commence!!

(on paper -not like that time you were going to show us "how sharp your cheap ass Hong Kong Katana really was -=E.R 4 hours or that time you went out for a smoke on the terrase of mys sisters house and cut your foot on that stone ( 3 hrs E.R) BOTH times effectivley ending our session !!!)

I am not saying that your physical health is unimportant -but could you try to bleed only when its your round ?

he

You forgot the session when the house burned down.....but that wassn't my fault....It was some damn carpenter or electrician....

and btw: we continued the session for many hours when the incident with the wakishashi happened (not katana )

Headquarters 05-19-2008, 04:47 AM You forgot the session when the house burned down.....but that wassn't my fault....It was some damn carpenter or electrician....

and btw: we continued the session for many hours when the incident with the wakishashi happened (not katana )

It was a wakisashi.

I dont recall-did the painkillers help your judgement or impair it ?

he

Looking forward to zat berliner booze and meat mein freund!

General Pain 05-19-2008, 04:50 AM It was a wakisashi.

I dont recall-did the painkillers help your judgement or impair it ?

he

Looking forward to zat berliner booze and meat mein freund!

KaDeWe = they had over 4000 types of sausage.......arghllhllhll (homer simpson sound) drewl......

Targan 05-20-2008, 03:28 AM General Pain I've confirmed with MajorPo that you have permission to post these rules on TBBoW.

Now that everyone has had a few days to digest these rules is there any further feedback? I regard them as the finest house rules ever designed by MajorPo.

pmulcahy 05-20-2008, 11:47 AM Now that everyone has had a few days to digest these rules is there any further feedback? I regard them as the finest house rules ever designed by MajorPo.

I haven't had a chance to actually look at it yet, but when I do, I can probably give some opinions. In a way, I'm the resident authority on insanity on this board...

General Pain 05-21-2008, 01:31 AM I haven't had a chance to actually look at it yet, but when I do, I can probably give some opinions. In a way, I'm the resident authority on insanity on this board...

That would be a pretty stiff competition Paul.

pmulcahy 05-21-2008, 06:57 AM That would be a pretty stiff competition Paul.

Yes, but I have the advantage -- I have been diagnosed and can show paperwork!

TiggerCCW UK 05-21-2008, 09:11 AM Its all about the paperwork these days - bane of my life!!

pmulcahy 05-21-2008, 11:02 AM Its all about the paperwork these days - bane of my life!!

That's similar to a common saying in the US: "Nothing's done until the paperwork's done."

General Pain 05-21-2008, 02:16 PM Yes, but I have the advantage -- I have been diagnosed and can show paperwork!

I guess only a madman would "brag" about it he he...u win

pmulcahy 05-22-2008, 05:11 PM I guess only a madman would "brag" about it he he...u win

Yaaaaay! I won something! I won something! Now, can you tell me how to win the Lotto?

akula_au 05-22-2008, 05:38 PM Winning Lotto is easy just buy all the tickets.

General Pain 05-23-2008, 04:14 AM Yaaaaay! I won something! I won something! Now, can you tell me how to win the Lotto?

winning the lottery is like calling george bush jr by chance on the phone....so in other words people each week call gb jr by chance....

General Pain 05-28-2008, 11:23 AM Master Po

You are now one of the glorious contributers to The Big Book of War.

Your contribution is placed in the DOX\rules\contributions

Glad to have you omboard...

Special thanks to Targan for making this possible.

:cells:

MajorPo 05-29-2008, 03:44 AM Nice to be a part of your master work :biggrin:

General Pain 06-10-2008, 02:03 AM is this something for your house rules Major Po ?

http://remedicated.com/2008/06/08/12...ever-heard-of/

MajorPo 06-10-2008, 03:04 AM Some classics there General! I can't imagine many of them lasting long in the Twilight world. I reckon a person with Polyglandular Addison’s Disease wouldn't make through the first ambush :laugh:

Still they could all be fun to lay on a poor character. A few of them could be great outcomes for a PC who manages to survive some severe head trauma.

Targan 06-10-2008, 03:18 AM Those afflictions would be so rare they wouldn't rate their own place on the tables, but they could perhaps be put in a section after the tables as possible complications of psyche problems mentioned in the tables. The way the system has worked in our campaign, characters with existing mental disorders who have further mental problems through game play often don't develop entirely new disorders, they just have existing disorders get worse or develop some "interesting" nuances to disorders they already have. Sometimes critical failure rolls during treatment for disorders have had some very amusing effects as well.

Poor Merchant 06-11-2008, 02:33 PM Somewhat apropos to this topic is this weeks story in Time:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...811858,00.html

I've taken some of this family of drugs myself and while low doses wouldn't screw you up too much (at least that was my perception at the time) I definately made some marginal judgement calls on higher strength doses. Also the listed side effects I seem to recall included warnings about suicidal impulses and care operating heavy machinery - which has obvious implications when you are handing these out to M16 toting soldiers.

Last edited by kato13; 12-21-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Was just reviewing this document. Checked to see if we had it on the site and realized the attachment was missing from this thread.

The rules are worth a read for all our new users.
Attached Files
File Type: doc modern psyche.doc (65.5 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by kato13; 10-14-2008 at 03:18 AM.

Tags
rules