RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Far Future reprint quality?

dawg180 03-14-2004, 08:33 PM Howdy all,

I am considering picking up the Far Future reprint book of Twilight 2000 V1. Does anyone have this and can they comment on the quality of the product? I have been debating whether to get it or try and get the modules individually, and getting the reprint seems to be the more economical way to go, assuming it is not laced with typos and errors.

Thanks,

Dawg

TR 03-14-2004, 09:49 PM I did the pre-order of the first book (the V 1.0 rules and the first 3-4 adventures) so I can comment on their product. The cover of the book itself is not really eye catching or flashy. However they reprint the original artwork, maps and covers of the material. However the cover art of the adventures is in black & white so if you were hoping for full color covers you won't find it here.

Otherwise I am glad I picked it up as it gave me a chance to pick up a sort of anthology if you will of the material. (Of course I've got the original 1st and 2nd printing materials so I don't mind the bland cover art of the book.) I just wish the production cycle on their work was more than 1 title per year.

Hope this helps,

TR

dawg180 03-15-2004, 09:10 AM Thanks TR. I was more interested in the "guts" of the adventures along with if they had the maps in them than having color covers, so I think the reprint is exactly what I am looking for. I am starting up a new game in a month or so and since we have never actually palyed the original modules I thought it would be a lot of fun (and a lot lesss work for me!).

TR 03-15-2004, 05:18 PM Definately then I would say the reprint is probably best for you... having all the core rules and first couple adventures in one book should do just fine... you can always xerox the handouts, scan them and then print them, etc for the players to have...

At least you don't have to try and reassemble GDW's product line from scratch one module at a time as the pricing on them seems to be going up every month now.

Until Later

TR