RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 AM

Default Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
Odd member choice for that joke in my opinion. If we are going for gamewise nutty I would go for General Pain or Major Po. But at least you didn't say it about Law. That might have ended almost 200 years of peace between our two countries.
LOL

No use in using LAW for armour -better just pull the safety and fire him at the target .

PENETRATION : a ruck sack wont do squat against a 7,62 round ,might make it tumle and yaw and lessen pen a little that way , but the real purpose of putting something light ( like chicken wire) outside the hull is to alter the distance a shaped charge detonates from the armour plates .The inside of a heat round is cone shaped and has a metal sheet covering the inside - usually copper ( I am sure you all know , but I want to discuss) ,when the round impacts the metal sheet melts and projects a jet of super heated molten metal that burns through the armour and flies around inside the hull etc .

If the distance between the round and the armour is altered ( point of impact is not the actual plate but a little furter out or a little further in ( a little further out the most practical alternative ) , the jet of molten copper is not concentrated as it should and it looses some of its effect .An effective spaved armour would be tubes of rolled up chickenwire,maybe with spacers to keep it at a nice 10 -15 inch diameter.This should distort the point of impact sufficiently to avoid penetration on an APC hull from older type RPGS like LAW 72
I guess.......
Old 07-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
Haven't heard from LAW in ages...is he allright?
I believe he is currently with his unit in Iraq. His absence while disappointing is expected.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971
I have a question on Sandbags... I saw a sandbag that was HUGE... it was about the size of a body bag (just a little wider) and looked like it could have a twin bed mattress stuffed in it. but it was made out of that weave of tough cloth-plastic... I keep thinking of the kinds of things those HUGE sandbags could be used for.. Such as stuffing them with straw or featers or cotton to be used as mattresses, or using them to bury your dead. North Africa they burried US servicemembers in cotton bags.
As far as materials they would most likely be High density polypropylene. While I have never seen such a bag (i think I have stats up to 15"x48") there actually is logic to making a bag so large it cannot be moved by hand when filled. It also might be useful at the base of a levee. More equipment onto the "to do" pile.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf
But wouldn't Targan squirm too much if you tied him to the outside?
Hmmm... was it something I said?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
Hmmm... was it something I said?
I guess you have been the "nuttiest" since CDN's join date. Quite an accomplishment in this group

edit. Oh your avatar thread was bumped recently. Now it is making a little more sense

Last edited by kato13; 07-08-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:43 AM

For a boring 'on topic' gaming terms response, I would roll a random armour factor between 0 and that of a sandbag assuming the GM didnt know the contents of the individual rucksack to nominate a value.

Tags
rules