RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default What to do with your old BMP

ReHerakhte 04-12-2004, 09:21 AM Found these pics while checking some East European sites dealing with military vehicles, unfortunately info is limited to pretty much what I am about to state here...

BMP civilian modification, named Berezina.

"With the reduction in the size of the former Soviet Army, many of the older vehicles are now surplus to requirements and some of these are being converted for civilian applications, including the BMP-1.

The Berezina transport vehicle is essentially a BMP-1 with its turret removed and a raised roof over the driver's, commander's and turret areas with windows being provided for all-round observation. Over the top of the hull at the rear is a cargo area with a maximum capacity of 1,000 kg.

It can carry a total of 12 personnel and is fitted with a VG-7500 generator and a welding system."

Basically a rough/dangerous area transport with a view to firefighting. Website can be found at http://armor.yurteh.net but it's all in Russian so expect a dodgy translation via Babelfish etc.

Another modification is a specifically forest firefighting vehicle.

P.S. I should have mentioned there's a cargo hold on the rear deck, my second entry has a pic of a model of the Berezina that shows this more clearly (cos I haven't yet mastered the art of putting two attachments into one post!)

Cheers,

Kevin.

ReHerakhte 04-12-2004, 09:34 AM Heres the second picture (of a Berezina model). Hey T.R. I think this thing has generally the same overall performance as a standard BMP-1, so when will we see it on your site or even on yours Antenna ?

By the way, I took the info from the following site

http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/armored_vehicles/

Cheers,

Kevin.

James1978 04-12-2004, 10:10 PM Now that's what I call an Sport-Utility Vehicle