RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Default Wargaming the Morrow Project

Anyone ever wargame TMP? I have always been interested in gaming the ground combat between the different groups. A Krell push into Amerindian territory, a slaver hostage taking raid, most any group trying to exercise control over an independent village or that village, and its neighbors performing a resistance operation against its oppressor. I was always a player so never got into who was against who and exactly where they were all located.

I think a platoon to company sized (per side) action at most. At the time Squad Leader came to mind but now there are quite a few (too many to choose from?) rules sets or board games which could be used. I don't envision skirmish size actions (one figure, acting as a stand alone unit, equals one person or vehicle) but one where a fire team or squad size group is represented by one stand of infantry (if using minis four to twelve figures per stand) with one vehicle per figure. Of course based on my other posts I don't see many vehicles in use other than wagons and possibly trains. I like 1/285 miniatures so that would be the scale of miniatures I would go with but up to 15 mm should work OK given workable ground scales.

Putting Morrow teams in could add spice for the seriously underdog side but this is gaming the situation not role playing.