RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 06-17-2011, 07:09 PM

Default Just got Prime Base

Like the tiitle says I just got a copy of Prime Base. It looked interesting in it's premise and the book was only $5. I know that the game is about rebuilding 150 years after WWIII, but where can I go to find out more about the game before I buy the series?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Like the tiitle says I just got a copy of Prime Base. It looked interesting in it's premise and the book was only $5. I know that the game is about rebuilding 150 years after WWIII, but where can I go to find out more about the game before I buy the series?
Rockwolf66,

Congrats on scoring Prime Base. That module is the most difficult of all (IMHO) .

If you want to get into Morrow Project, my suggestion is to purchase TM 1-1, the rule book. THis way you can get a feel as to how the game was built, how to play, and how to build your own world within the Rule structure. (IMHO, the most fun part of it all)

If you have any questions, please post it here on the board, or you can e-mail me.

Again, welcome to the madness that is Morrow!!!

Mike
Old 06-18-2011, 05:05 PM

I've been googlesearching online info and I like the supply bunker and that Morrow blog for aditional info. So far I'm thinking about some equipment changes but I'd also like to make a list of the cannon factions and their locations and learn alot more about them.

Some things I'm probably going to change from web sources because I'm from an area in question and trust me when I say that the crew of a japanese millitary vessil has no chance of taking the area over.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I've been googlesearching online info and I like the supply bunker and that Morrow blog for aditional info. So far I'm thinking about some equipment changes but I'd also like to make a list of the cannon factions and their locations and learn alot more about them.

Some things I'm probably going to change from web sources because I'm from an area in question and trust me when I say that the crew of a japanese millitary vessil has no chance of taking the area over.
To me, that is the fun behind Morrow Project. You can take the basics, and add or subtract as you see fit.

Just one example, when I run a MP scenario, I have few, if any mutants. The mutations I might include would be small changes. Yes, Man tinkered with the biosphere of Earth as had not been seen since the end of the Cretaceous as the Dino's died out. But those changes took thousands and millions of years. TMP is based on one hundred fifty years. I can not see the spread of mutants that appear in some MP scenarios.

I also will change geographical locations to please my type of game.

These are just a few of the ideas I have had over the years.

Mike
Old 06-20-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Five Dollars? That was a bargain.

I suspect that the only ESSENTIAL purchase is the main rulebook: "The Morrow Project". This is sometimes given its Morrow Project serial number: TM1-1 . It's a softcover and can usually be found on ebay or websites like alibris.com. Expect to pay anywhere from 10 to 30 dollars

There are several "canon" factions but the description for most of them is really short (on average, about 6 sentences). Some factions make an appearance in official modules. However, these might not be typical examples

If you're a beginner, I would recommend 2 modules:
Bullets & Bluegrass (for the Kentucky Free State)
Liberation at Riverton (for an "Overlord")

Matt W
Old 06-21-2011, 02:14 AM

Well my local gamestore just got bought out. The new owner claims to be able to get their hands on any RPG book I can name in seven days.

I'm wondering if I should get 3rd Ed rulebook or wait for fourth Ed to come out?

Personally I say wait for fourth Ed.

Plus I don't know the new owner but he remembers me from someplace. Then again I tend to fit in as long as I don't open my big mouth.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Well my local gamestore just got bought out. The new owner claims to be able to get their hands on any RPG book I can name in seven days.

I'm wondering if I should get 3rd Ed rulebook or wait for fourth Ed to come out?

Personally I say wait for fourth Ed.

Plus I don't know the new owner but he remembers me from someplace. Then again I tend to fit in as long as I don't open my big mouth.
Rockwolf:

I suggest that you get 3rd edition. I am not aware of a time frame on 4th edition release. It has been in the works for a long time now.

Mike
Old 06-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered Registrant

If you can't find the modules at your local game store, try Timeline Ltd's online store
http://69.94.107.182/webstore/index....b91b00c88bd385

They don't always have all the published material but they often have the harder to find ones.