RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Body armour

kcdusk 11-20-2005, 04:05 PM Do refs allow PC's body armour of choice?

What about NPC's, do PC's ever come up against NPC's with body armour?

Finally, I took this quote from a website talking about MOUT.

"Flack vests should only be carried by combat patrols and not by tracking or reconnaissance patrols. The same goes for the kevlar helmet, pro masks and MOPP gear. The weight, energy and sensory savings are immeasurable.

Do Refs penalise PC's for wearing body armour, in particular sensory areas (minus 1 observation for example if wearing a helmet?).

TiggerCCW UK 11-20-2005, 05:14 PM I would maybe slightly penalise agility, but I wouldn't be nasty enough to penalise them for wearing a helmet - most of my players play drafted inexperienced civilians and don't usually have particularly high stats. I would however penalise them if they were wearing noddy suits, for agility, endurance and awareness.

graebardeII 11-20-2005, 07:58 PM the k-pot does cut down hearning, and could also spoil periferal vision. These would be reductions in observation (which in game terms is not just seeing). The more you wear the harder it is too move. Defending on climate, the extra weight can be a penalty, and should be.

grae

Targan 11-22-2005, 02:01 AM For cold climate work most of the characters in my campaign sometimes wear kevlar vests and kevlar helmets, but generally not when performing recon or sniper work. Those manning vehicle weapons often wear their kevlar vests with the ceramic inserts in, but these restrict mobility even further so are not for general combat wear. Good ballistic and stab protection, though.

pmulcahy 11-22-2005, 08:46 AM This is OT for the question tha Kcdusk first asked, but how many people think the body armor rules in V 2.2 really work that well? I really think the way body armor was treated in v1 worked better (body armor absorbed a flat amount of damage, modified by the penetration of the round), and I am actually thinking of modifying those rules for use in v2.2.

Twilight2000V3 11-22-2005, 09:47 AM Body Armor House Rules:

1) If youre wearing any military body armor Stealth is one level more difficult.

2) Any military type helmet Observation is one level more difficult.

I have added a few changes to body armor but you have to use a different hit location die roll -

Hit Location

Roll a D12.

Roll 1 & 3 2 & 4 5 6-7 8 & 10 9 &11 12

Location L. Leg R. Leg Abdomen Chest R. Arm L. Arm Head

1) Police Body armor:

AV:1, protects hit locations 5 to 7. Does not give penalties to stealth.

2) Military Body armor PASGT:

AV:1, protects hit locations 5 to 9.

3) RANGER Body ArmorL

AV:2, protects hit locations 5 to 7 (trauma plates).

AV:1, protects hit locations 5 to 9.

I have a listing and rules for body armor that is better than 2.2. If anyone is interested ill email you (small file - .doc). mmessina@direcway.com

Max

Tags
rules