RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2018, 08:52 PM
The Stat Guy

Zombie movies are fun to watch. Zombie RPG scenarios/campaigns...they have all the reality of a stuffed blue elephant to me.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 04-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Zombie movies are fun to watch. Zombie RPG scenarios/campaigns...they have all the reality of a stuffed blue elephant to me.
I know this is very much a case of what appeals to one person doesn't necessarily appeal to another but what's the difference between the reality of a zombie game compared to say a D&D game?
Personally I think the zombie genre has been overdone and I utterly despise the fool who decided that zombies that run at you are scarier and more exciting but zombies. orcs & dragons, soviets or alien invaders - they all require suspension of disbelief for the game to work.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
I thought watching zombie flicks/Walking Dead was watching stupid people doing stupid things and occasionally paying for it.

That said I will stay away from the greater Atlanta area when there Necropocalypse kicks off
Old 04-17-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikechoi View Post
I thought watching zombie flicks/Walking Dead was watching stupid people doing stupid things and occasionally paying for it.

That said I will stay away from the greater Atlanta area when there Necropocalypse kicks off
I liked the walking past M4's on their way to the CDC. I would have picked up a couple of rifles and a lot of mags.

If you consult other game books, especially GURPS Zombies, there are a couple of conversions you can look at, "Lugtrek" and "CORSY".
The SJG line editor had suggested 20% infected at the start of an outbreak, one could do this by a "TOT" of having mutated strains with altered infection times.

Last edited by .45cultist; 04-17-2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikechoi View Post

Haha. Yeah it's the epitome of that. I read a few of the comics, which are marginally better than the TV series, but the series is essentially a soap opera with zombies involved. When I talk to fans, they hit the right demographic. Most fans are not interested in how things work, how to survive, or what would be a truly gripping story; they just want to identify with people and see it as a kind of video game with a dramatic narratie. In fact if you look it up on TV tropes, there's a belief that if people behaved intelligently it would somehow be boring. I don't believe this, but many artistic people seem to.