RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2013, 11:31 AM

The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series have excellent capacity for expansion and ongoing storylines because the developers are happy to support very active modding communities.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series have excellent capacity for expansion and ongoing storylines because the developers are happy to support very active modding communities.
Bethedsa Softworks is fantastic; Skyrim is a game I can just play and play and play. I've got a 60+ level character and stumbled on a quest the other day to hand out religious tracts in a town (and a few other places) and play matchmaker for Mara (goddess of love/compassion). No real benefit to it (I'm filthy rich with over 7m gold, and it gives no additional skill abilities), but it was just intriguing to do.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Activist Rules Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
Bethedsa Softworks is fantastic; Skyrim is a game I can just play and play and play. I've got a 60+ level character and stumbled on a quest the other day to hand out religious tracts in a town (and a few other places) and play matchmaker for Mara (goddess of love/compassion). No real benefit to it (I'm filthy rich with over 7m gold, and it gives no additional skill abilities), but it was just intriguing to do.

I like Skyrim and Fallout3 and New Vegas. open world sandbox games with lots of options good and bad. I can never finish Bethesda games though, just too much stuff going on in them. The closest I got was finishing the main quest in Fallout 3, I got the DLC but didn't even scratch that. I quit Fallout New Vegas maybe 75% into the main quest. I might get the DLC for that since I am a fan.

Skyrim I had to quit over a year ago after a couple months and maybe 1/3 into the main quest. I picked it up again a few weeks ago, Bethesda issued the DLC on disk so I am thinking of getting it.

But 7 million gold!?!?! holy crap how did you get that much?!?!

oh yeah and I was thinking of getting The Last of Us, but it doesn't look like I will have that much time. I will wait a bit and see how much the cost goes down.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiedowndonovan View Post
I like Skyrim and Fallout3 and New Vegas. open world sandbox games with lots of options good and bad. I can never finish Bethesda games though, just too much stuff going on in them. The closest I got was finishing the main quest in Fallout 3, I got the DLC but didn't even scratch that. I quit Fallout New Vegas maybe 75% into the main quest. I might get the DLC for that since I am a fan.
Ah but that's the whole thing - you can't finish a Bethsoft game. There's always stuff to do! Whether it's quests or inventing things to do yourself...!

Quote:
Skyrim I had to quit over a year ago after a couple months and maybe 1/3 into the main quest. I picked it up again a few weeks ago, Bethesda issued the DLC on disk so I am thinking of getting it.

Grind grind grind grind grind!

(Just checked, it's my Oblivion character who has 7m, my Skyrim character has 1.7m).

My Morrowind character had like seventeen million.

Seriously if you know how to exploit the economic systems it isn't hard.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Activist Rules Lawyer

Quote:
Ah but that's the whole thing - you can't finish a Bethsoft game. There's always stuff to do! Whether it's quests or inventing things to do yourself...!
well I mean the main quest. And theoretically, you could do all the quests (main, side, faction quests etct). After that, there's not much else to do but wander the countryside finding stuff to kill I guess.

Quote:
Grind grind grind grind grind!

(Just checked, it's my Oblivion character who has 7m, my Skyrim character has 1.7m).

My Morrowind character had like seventeen million.

Seriously if you know how to exploit the economic systems it isn't hard.
oh, only 1.7m. I'm at a lowly 20k. I was gonna try and buy the house in Windhelm, but it looks like you have to take a side in the civil war and I don't want to do that yet.

did you finish the main quest yet?

Elder Scrolls Online is in beta I think and the rumor is that a new Fallout is in the works.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
well I mean the main quest. And theoretically, you could do all the quests (main, side, faction quests etct). After that, there's not much else to do but wander the countryside finding stuff to kill I guess.
Yeah, but that's hundreds of hours of gameplay. I mean, all of it put together.

Quote:
oh, only 1.7m. I'm at a lowly 20k. I was gonna try and buy the house in Windhelm, but it looks like you have to take a side in the civil war and I don't want to do that yet.

did you finish the main quest yet?
Yeah: did the main quest. I've bought all the houses, etc. Good times!

Quote:
Elder Scrolls Online is in beta I think and the rumor is that a new Fallout is in the works.
Not so interested in those, although I really should give Fallout a spin one day.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:12 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:

oh yeah and I was thinking of getting The Last of Us, but it doesn't look like I will have that much time. I will wait a bit and see how much the cost goes down.
Steam is having a sale ....
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 AM

Fallout is my favorite game of all time really...LOVE THEM!!!!

This game, Last of Us and the Uncharted series are two reasons I MIGHT buy a PlayStation. I am an XBOX fan myself but these make it hard...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Activist Rules Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
Steam is having a sale ....
I don't have time right now for another game, plus call me old fashioned but I like disks. I'm sure there's going to be additional downloadable content so I'd rather just get that all at once.

Last edited by boogiedowndonovan; 07-17-2013 at 05:01 PM.