RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default WTF?

Snake Eyes 02-02-2003, 02:51 AM So, I see they are already practicing how to delete all our posts. This should be fun.

TR 02-02-2003, 09:10 AM Perhaps they moved them as we were talking about off topic material?

Anyone want to make any predictions about if we will see *new* materials from Far Future for Twilight? Personally I think nearly all of us would like to see the game brought back to life... suppliments detailing in depth what happened in key states, new weapons, armor and aircraft updates and of course new adventures and career backgrounds.

I figure they can only reprint the original materials for so long before they will run out of source material and be faced with either ceasing production of the line... or having to come up with something else... hopefully no continuation of the City Of Angels adventure!

Something to chew on...

TR

RPGHost 02-02-2003, 09:14 AM Originally posted by Snake Eyes

So, I see they are already practicing how to delete all our posts. This should be fun.

The off-topic post, yet usful info, was moved to the main General forum cause it was just talking about the forum system and not Twilight 2000

http://forums.rpghost.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

James

Snake Eyes 02-02-2003, 06:48 PM Thanks for clearing that up, James. I was being facetious, but it's good to know we're being moderated by folks that care. BTW, I really do like the new format.

I too am eagerly awaiting the first of the reprints. There's plenty of life left in the remaining material, too. I'll probably pick them all up (y'know eventually and if/once published) just for sake of nostalgia and completeness.

Twilight:2000 never got stale for me, though I think everybody here will agree if any new development were to be undertaken, a major (non d20*) rules revision would be in order. And the only new thing I'd want to see published is Armor XXI. I've had a hard-on for that since I first read about it in the GDW GPS Survey of 1993.

I imagine that sales of the reprints will likely drive any decision-making on the part of Marc/FarFuture re: future development or licensing of the Twilight:2000 product line. I for one will gladly volunteer my wallet to that cause. And although it's not my preferred system, a GURPS version of Twilight:2000 wouldn't really piss me off that much.

* And when I say non-d20, I mean avoiding Wizards' d20, not GDW's (which is IMHO far superior despite its flaws).

Dogger 02-03-2003, 01:42 PM Very nice.

Glad WebRPG finally moved to this style of BB...much more user friendly.

WTG

I'm a long time lurker of the old forum, some time posted as "LDD"...decided to go with my "normal" online handle under this new format.

orrin_ladd 02-03-2003, 02:31 PM WTF is right!

argh! Change! We fear change!

Here's some humor for you all.

USMC Rules For Gunfighting

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of

your friends who have guns. Bring their friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life isexpensive.

3. Only hits count. Close doesn't count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral

and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun

and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived and who didn't..

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

9.5. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an

Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. In combat, there are no rules, always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in FRONT of your gun.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong

commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which

does not start with a "4."

Army Rules for Gunfighting

1. See USMC Rules to gunfighting

2. Add 60 to 90 days

3. Hope the Marines already destroyed all meaningful resistance

Navy Rules for Gunfighting

1. Adopt an aggressive offshore posture

2. Send in the Marines

3. Drink Coffee

Air Force Rules for Gunfighting

1. Kiss the wife goodbye

2. Fly to target area, drop bombs, fly back.

3. BBQ some burgers and drink beer

Chuck Mandus 02-12-2003, 11:31 PM Yeah, I know. I was in the hospital last week, cut my left hand open slipping on ice, got infected with strep, had to have surgery, and was in hospital from Sunday to Thursday. I'm healing up, but it's a pain. Boy things have really changed. Hopefully this new forum will be better at locating topics.

Chuck

El Tee 02-13-2003, 06:15 PM Originally posted by Snake Eyes

Thanks for clearing that up, James. I was being facetious, but it's good to know we're being moderated by folks that care. BTW, I really do like the new format.

I too am eagerly awaiting the first of the reprints. There's plenty of life left in the remaining material, too. I'll probably pick them all up (y'know eventually and if/once published) just for sake of nostalgia and completeness.

Twilight:2000 never got stale for me, though I think everybody here will agree if any new development were to be undertaken, a major (non d20*) rules revision would be in order. And the only new thing I'd want to see published is Armor XXI. I've had a hard-on for that since I first read about it in the GDW GPS Survey of 1993.

I imagine that sales of the reprints will likely drive any decision-making on the part of Marc/FarFuture re: future development or licensing of the Twilight:2000 product line. I for one will gladly volunteer my wallet to that cause. And although it's not my preferred system, a GURPS version of Twilight:2000 wouldn't really piss me off that much.

* And when I say non-d20, I mean avoiding Wizards' d20, not GDW's (which is IMHO far superior despite its flaws).

I too am awaiting the reprints (who isn't?) but long for new material...though I understand that won't likely happen as the capital cost to research, write and publish material for a game that has lost quite a bit of relevance now would not be recouped by the expected sales. And more than likely, new product would be more along the lines of the 2nd edition modules than the 1st edition. (which is no knock on the 2nd ed., the 1st edition just has so many more modules and sourcebooks).

The other problem is attrition - all the Twilight 2000 material is slowly getting worn down, damaged, destroyed or lost...I'm starting to associate with some of my characters who are trying to find gasoline, MREs and 4.7mm Caseless ammo...

If they were to show me a physical product, I'd be more than game to show the money. I'd like to get nice, new, clean copies of everything...and then demand new product...