RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Being Catalan, I tend to observe the Spanish dispute with Gibraltar and the UK with some distance (Ei!, two companies of Catalans participated in the assault to Gibraltar in 1704) . But I would say that very few people in Spain are worried about this supposed increase in the tension between Spain and the UK. I do not perceive any kind of concern, only a moderate interest and a certain feeling of disbelief. A kind of “…and now, why are they arguing about Gibraltar, again?” A question that is usually answered shrugging one’s shoulders. Although Gibraltar is a problem that arises from time to time, I think that every time that this happens is because the status of the British Colony is used by both governments following their own interests and mistakes. Quite sure you will find a small group of enthusiastic followers echoing the declarations of their respective governments. But, by the most part, people are not very interested. And both the UK and Spain have much more serious problem to face at the short term.

So, having said this, we are free to produce any T2K variation about the current situation. At least we could get something useful and funny of this last “crisis” (that, of course, will not be The Last).
Is Spain making another land grab of homes and businesses built by foreign investors around Barcelona and Costa del Sol? like they did recently. 2005 or 2008?
Old 04-12-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
Is Spain making another land grab of homes and businesses built by foreign investors around Barcelona and Costa del Sol? like they did recently. 2005 or 2008?
Uf! No idea about this! I'm sorry ArmySGT...
Old 04-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Uf! No idea about this! I'm sorry ArmySGT...
That's ok. It doesn't really affect me at all. I know it made it hard to lure foreign investors back during the recession.

Meanwhile, I wish I had taken pictures inside the Spanish Army museum in Madrid when I was there. Any military museums or displays in Barcelona I should look for someday?
Old 04-12-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
That's ok. It doesn't really affect me at all. I know it made it hard to lure foreign investors back during the recession.

Meanwhile, I wish I had taken pictures inside the Spanish Army museum in Madrid when I was there. Any military museums or displays in Barcelona I should look for someday?
I'm afraid you will not find the same here, in Catalonia, at least in the form of military museums. Strange thing, given that this is our longest period of peace. But the past years of dictatorship with Franco and the difficult relationship between Catalonia and Spain have caused a reaction against anything that sounds military. The only military museum in Barcelona is in Montjuīc Castle, and it was about to be closed two years ago. It’s seems difficult (or nearly impossible) to have an objective treatment of the military history without opening past wounds. As an exempla, Barcelona was bombarded at least twice from Montjuīc itself to suppress riots. You will find history museums with contents about our wars but (with the exception of Montjuīc Castle), you will not find a military-only museum. You can make an interesting visit to the Ebro Battle scenario (200 Km away from Barcelona), especially if you have read before any book that allows you to move knowing the critical points of the battlefield. You will find small and interesting local museums about the battle in some villages of the area. And, of course, you will find military architecture everywhere. Our wood is not good to build fortifications, so stone built structures are everywhere and you will find any kind of fortress, since Roman walls to Renaissance bastion forts, medieval castles and towers to protect the coastal villages against Muslim pirates.

Anyway, send me a message if you want a local guide!