RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2017, 08:11 AM

Default House System closer look.....

While looking at more stuff for Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, I realized the TNE books Fire, Fusion and Steel, World tamer's Hand book had more possibilities. I've started a thread about Morrow Project conversions, but this can allow one to create more artifacts like the geothermal furnaces, more classic vehicles, and when I find the relevant book, add dinosaurs. I think GDW actually came to have possibilities before the bottom fell out. I hope this will lead to interesting discussions and opinions. What do you think?
Old 09-10-2017, 01:03 PM

All of the WWI vehicles I've worked on were done using FF&S, although I use a couple shortcuts (I use the vehicles' recorded speeds rather than calculating them, as an example). The American Civil War portion uses WTH as well, since FF&S on its own doesn't cover black powder.

For adding dinosaurs, the core TNE rulebook will probably be the most useful, since it has the rules for creating aliens.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark View Post
All of the WWI vehicles I've worked on were done using FF&S, although I use a couple shortcuts (I use the vehicles' recorded speeds rather than calculating them, as an example). The American Civil War portion uses WTH as well, since FF&S on its own doesn't cover black powder.

For adding dinosaurs, the core TNE rulebook will probably be the most useful, since it has the rules for creating aliens.
Yeah, a trip to the storage room for me. For C&D or a TMP conversion, WTH will be good as well.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:31 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:

Don't forget Cadillacs and Dinosaurs!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 09-13-2017, 09:34 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
...since FF&S on its own doesn't cover black powder.
For the BP guns on my site, I took the tech level of the guns down to 4, and the tech level of the ammunition down to 3.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 09-13-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
For the BP guns on my site, I took the tech level of the guns down to 4, and the tech level of the ammunition down to 3.
I'll have to run numbers, but I think that'll give slightly higher values than the World Tamer's Handbook black powder rules. There are three changes that pop out at me looking at the spreadsheet I built to combine the two:
1. It drops the Cm for black powder (to 0.3 for conical bullets and 0.1 for ball).
2. Black powder barrels have 5 times the rifling modifier of the "normal" barrel of their type (so a BP smoothbore is 20 instead of a smoothbore's 4).
3. Any BP weapon has penetration one step worse than what's shown on the Energy/Pen chart.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:02 AM

Unfortunately, when constructing TL5-8 AFVs FF&S gives some odd results primarily because they made the mass of the tracked suspension far too great. It results in very heavy vehicles compared with their real life equivalents.