RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971
Default Morrow Project Awards...

Has anyone else thought of awards given by the Project? I have thought of this, basing the awards off of the same ideas used by Police and law enforcement agencies... of course the project personnel would be allowed to wear awards, decorations, orders and qualification badges that they had been given by others when they are in uniform.

I thought of the three major Morrow Project awards... that could be worn either pinned to the lapel or worn around the neck. i haven't decided yet. it could just be a certificate entered into their personnel folder and framed for being hung on the wall of their quarters/offices.

Morrow Honor Cross: the highest award of the project, it would be their medal of honor, victoria cross, ect. i had thought it would be a 'neck-order' worn around the neck.

Morrow Merit Cross: the merit cross would be alot like the silver and bronze star.

Morrow Service Cross: i had thought of this as being the project's version of the purple cross, but have felt that it could be awared to anyone who joined the project with the addition of 'swords' for those injuried.

I had also thought of the addition of a pair of crossed swords to the various Crosses for the award having been given for combat action.

anyone else thought of this or got ideas for how they could be used?
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
I had also thought of the addition of a pair of crossed swords to the various Crosses for the award having been given for combat action.

anyone else thought of this or got ideas for how they could be used?
I like these ideas. Since Morrow as presently defined is a US centric game, maybe they would use the US civilian awards? Or perhaps a combination of your idea for combat awards and civilian awards for those who go "above and beyond the call of duty" in the rebuilding effort.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 AM
God-Emperor of the Universe

I had never thought of the Project as having such things as Awards, Rank badges or formal uniforms, so I've been reading these threads with a bit of interest.

Still not sure where I stand on Awards or Formal Uniforms, but I have to admit, that SOME form of rank badge or insignia to indicate grade within the Project might be reasonable and desirable.

I'll keep thinking...

Cheers!
Travelelr
Old 03-09-2010, 08:21 PM
sic1701

I am thinking of an opposite version of Senator William Proxmire's "Golden Fleece" award, given to whichever project administrator who could surreptitiously get the most goodies and money out of the government without them catching on and demanding participation in the project...

And a gold medal with a dollar bill with wings, flapping away.