RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Dangerclose

Default LVI's F2F Journal

So like i stated in a previous thread, i'm lucky enough to have a group of people that will be playing T2K F2F. This Campaign will be starting on Saturday July 16th and will be for about 6-8 hours. We will be playing once a month and i though maybe i can keep a running journal on the site for those interested.

I currently have, including myself, 5 ppl confirmed. And another 3 undecided. Ages vary from 18 to early 40's. Of the 8 ppl, only 2 have any past Military history and 2 (myslef incl) have some Loss prevention-security backgrounds.

I will be playing the V1 but with mods (Homebrew i believe is what it's called on here). For example, if you are a Combat Medic i will equal that to the rough equivilent of a Paramedic. But if you are a soldier with the "MED" skill i will consider that the equivelent of say First aid-CPR first responder. I have added a service branch/speciality of "SOG" or "Advanced Infantry" (unable to finalize) and Sniper as the speciality. Roll of 7 and CON 12. Skills:SNP 50, RCN:20, DIS,GS and FO all 1/2. It's also a .95/close-.85/med and .75/Long. However if somebody wants to purchase as a background it costs double. And the modifiers are base modifiers of .6,.3 and .1

I have never read any literature on T2013 or v2 (to my knowledge). Therefore the timeline i have re created is both accrediated to myself and to StainlessSteelCynic on his post here:

http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=2760

It has been slightly changed (years anyways) to match current world affairs. My setting takes place in 2013. If there is any demand i can post my alternate timeline. As for weapons, i will use anything the guys want that has been in service as of 2011 and it must have access to details on the internet. E.g. wiki. Otherwise i am simply going by what the game offered.

There characters must be from a NATO country, preferably CDN, USA, GB, GER, or another Western European country. If they fall from another NATO country then they must explain to me how they end up in Poland, as i am also using the modified spring Offensive leading up to the fall of Kalisz. Sorry but i can't find the link to it. Also, i will allow all PC's to have 2 weapons to start the game with. These are the 2 they were issued. A AR/LMG and a pistol. If they dont choose the PST skill, then just the one gun. Any other weapons they want will need to be bought; and i will allow 2 more. But the PC must always let me know what they have on them and what is stowed away.

I will start listing my NPC's tonight. I will have 2 of my PC's done for tomorrow. Then my last 2 either just before July 16 or right after with a Journal.

Let it begin:
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Dangerclose

Default My personal Character

So the below is my personal character. When i'm the GM he is ran by me, but as a NPC. If in time another person wants to be the GM or if i come online this will be the PC i use:

Name: Scott Derry
HT: 6'3"
WT: 194 lbs
Born: Aug 17th, 1985
Home: Colorado Springs, CO

FIT:15 / AGL: 16 / CON: 13 / STA:11 / INT: 10 / EDU: 12 / STR 13

RADS: 18, LOAD: 86lbs, Throwing range: 24M
MOS: Sniper
Unit: 2nd brigade, 1st battalion, 502nd infantry, Bravo Company, 101st Airborne.

EQUIPMENT: M4 w/M203, ACOG and Streamlight LED flashlight mounted on AR. .45 sidearm. Camelbak, Blackhawk Omega grenadiers vest (holds 8x 40mm and 6x 5.56N mags, 1x 7LED streamlight flashlight, leatherman), body armor, ballistic helmet, extendable Baton, knife, kneepads, Underarmor gloves. Plus 3 tins of Vanella Skoal. Notable is the .50cal Barrett M82 in the Humvee.

HISTORY: After graduation of HS, Scott attended the University of Texas on a Football scholarship as a LB. PLayed Football form 2004-2007 and won a National Championship in 2005. Failing to graduate in 2007 with his Batchelor of Arts - Computer science due to a NCAA investigation, Scott entered the work force.

However with the growing tensions thruout the world and Eastern Europe speciffically Scott enlisted into the US Army in June of 2009. After his 10wks of Bootcamp, 6 wks of infantry school at Ft.Benning, Georgia Scott was accepted into the Airborne school. Then thruout the next 8 months Scott attended the 9 week Ranger school and the 5 week Sniper school.

In July 2010 his Airborne unit was deployed to the Kandahar Provence,Afghanastan. They were there until June of 2011 when the President ordered all US forces in ISAF to re-deploy to NATO F.O.B in Germany and Italy. His unit was transferred to Landsberg-Lech airbase, Germany. They were here until August 8th when Russian planes attacked NATO positions.

Last edited by LVI; 06-29-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Dangerclose

Default NPC #1

NAME: Julian Bennett
HT: 5'10
WT: 246 lbs
BORN: Jan 17th, 1986
Home: Detroit, Michigan

FIT:6 / AGL:12 / CON:6 / STA:18 / INT:10 / EDU:10 / STR:12

RADS: 48, LOAD: 66lbs, Throwing range: 24M
MOS: Vehicle Mechanic, Support
Unit: US 5th infantry div, (mech)

EQUIPMENT: M16A2, .45

HISTORY: Julian was never big on school, except for shop. Being the son of a Auto Mechanic Julian was always spending nights and weekends at his pop's shop. But after graduating (barely) H.S. and with zero work oppertunities in Detroit,Julian joined the Army in 2007. His skill set allowed his a cushy job in the rear until 2010 when his unit was deployed to Torino, Italy. Here he stayed until 2012 when the re-nforcements started to slow and every available Rear Echelon was moved to the front. Julian was then reassigned to the US 5th Mech division in Poland.

Last edited by LVI; 06-28-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Dangerclose

Default NPC #2

NAME: Justin O'Shea
HT: 6'2"
WT: 194 lbs
BORN: Mar 3rd, 1991
Home: Boston, Massachusetts
FIT:8 / AGL:7 / CON:9 / STA:12 / INT:13 / EDU:12 / STR:10

RADS: 8, LOAD: 64lbs, Throwing range: 20M
MOS: Cavalry Scout, Armour

EQUIPMENT: M16A2

VEHICLE: Driver of a LAV25

HISTORY: Justin was enjoying his senior year of H.S when the President announced that Congress had approved the Draft back into action. Shortly after graduation Justin was drafted. He showed interested in anything Armoured and was skilled into the Cavalry. He was deployed November 2nd 2012 and saw immediate action in Western Europe. Thou young, Justin was promoted several times for bravery and dedication on the battlefield, including receiving 1 purple heart and a bronze star for his actions on January 15, 2013.

Last edited by LVI; 06-28-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Dangerclose

NAME: Heinrich "Henry" Krausse
HT: 6'3
WT: 202 lbs
BORN: July 19th, 1991
Home: Fargo, N.Dakota
FIT:8 / AGL:18 / CON:13 / STA:13 / INT:10 / EDU:11 / STR:10

RADS: 12, LOAD: 72lbs, Throwing range: 20M
MOS: Tank Commander, Armour

EQUIPMENT: M4 w/RDS, grip. .45

VEHICLE: LAV25, Commander

HISTORY: Henry grew up in a predominent German/American community in Fargo, N.Dakota. Both of his parents spoke German in the house and English outside, therefore he is fluent in German. *YES I HIT THAT 2% ROLL*. After H.S. Henry joined the US army, in 2009 via OCS, due to the course load taken in H.S. And by December 2010 he was over seas' with the US 5th, STN in Western Poland. His LAV25 was hit during combat on Jan.15, immediatly killing his driver. Afterwards Justin O'Shea was assigned to his New LAV as the driver.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Dangerclose

Default NPC #4

NAME: Claude Benoit
HT: 6'4
WT: 237 lbs
BORN: Jan 5th, 1993
Home: Drummondville, QC, Canada
FIT:11 / AGL:14 / CON:15 / STA:17 / INT:14 / EDU:10 / STR:14

RADS: 10, LOAD: 94lbs, Throwing range: 28M
MOS: Tank Gunner, Armour
Unit: RCAC, LDSH RC

EQUIPMENT: C7 w/x4 white hot scope, Colapsable fishing rod @ bait kit.
VEHICLE: Gunner, LAV25

HISTORY: Claude was born in a French Canadian family. Though his Ht and overall size are intimadating he is kown by his friends as the gentle Giant. Claude loves fishing, due to his families upkeep. And he speaks perfect French and pretty good English. However piss Claude off and his English becomes mixed with French and French curses. Claude joined the Canadian forces in January 2010 on his 17th birthday, Parents at his side. He did his infantryschool in Gagetown, NB and was transferred to CFB Edmonton to join the Lord Stratchona's Horse right afterwards.
In April 2013 his Coyote was damaged on a recon mission just east of Kalisz. They happened to encounter some of the US 5th on patrol in the area and managed to get the Coyote to there base. Subsuquent actions by the Canadians resulted in Claudes other crew members dying in a brief firefigh in the early hours of July 1st, 2013. And with the last words "your on your own", Claude managed to join the LAV25 crew as there gunner. Where there regular gunner was is unknown. Assumed KIA.

Last edited by LVI; 06-29-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Dangerclose

Default Humvee

This will be my last post of the night. I will briefly describe what the Humvee has. I havent assigned any of the PC's to it yet. But my NPC#1 is in it. And i havent done anything up yet for my LAV25.

Vehicle: HMMWV
maintenance#: 2
Wear #: 3
Current Breakdowns:3
Current Fuel: Ethanol

Main: Mark 19 w/NHT
AMMO: 1x50 rds HVHEDP;3x50rds HVHE

Vehicle: 2T Cargo Trailer
Maint & wear : NOT ROLLED YET!

VARIOUS EQUIPMENT: 1 medium still on trailer
10x20L jerrycans-full ethanol
4x20L watercans-full
2-4 man tents
1 Geiger counter
basic, power and WV tools
1x5lbs pail bearing/multipurpose grease
4x4L motor oil
1x 4L engine coolent(1/2 full)
1x1.5kw generator
1x.50cal M82 Barrett
1x 5rd magazine for Barrett
8c/s-MRE's (12/cs)
10 rds 40MM CHEM
2c/s 40mm HE
1c/s 40mm HEDP
1- bicycle pump, 2 axes, 2 pick axes and 2 spade long handle shovels.

*** this is all i have gotten done to this point***
Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Please write a journal!
In my opinion we have a lot of Orbats & Gun-related rules in the forum, but not enough bits of stories around the actual games.

Looking forward to read about your adventures!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombot View Post
In my opinion we have a lot of Orbats & Gun-related rules in the forum, but not enough bits of stories around the actual games.
Heh, heh. It may seem like that but you're relatively new here. There have been lots of campaign stories in the past.

That said, campaign logs from current games would be most welcome.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVI View Post
Unit: 4th CDN. Mech. Brigade, Lord Stratchona's Horse (RCR)
Lord Stratchona's Horse Royal Canadians is Abbrevated LDSH RC not RCR which is the abbv for Royal Canadian Reigment RCR which is one of Canadian three regular force infantry regiments

If it is for the the armourd corps it is abbv RCAC which stand for Royal Canadian Armoured Corp
Old 06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
Lord Stratchona's Horse Royal Canadians is Abbrevated LDSH RC not RCR which is the abbv for Royal Canadian Reigment RCR which is one of Canadian three regular force infantry regiments

If it is for the the armourd corps it is abbv RCAC which stand for Royal Canadian Armoured Corp
Royal Canadian REGIMENT... lol must be a VanDoo spelling your way.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Dangerclose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post

Thx. I think it's correct now.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Dangerclose

Default HUMVEE continued

Greatings all. I just got back from my annual Canada Day weekend camping trip with the family. So now i thought i'd continue with the remaining load on the Humvee, then the LAV25A1.

HUMVEE EQUIPMENT CONT:
- 1 SET OF COMBAT WEBBING
- 1 SPARE ( AND SLIGHTLY DEAD) AUTOMOVIVE BATTERY
- 1 SET OF BOOSTER CABLES
- VEHICLE RADIO
- 5 WAY GANG CHARGER FOR MOTOROLA PERSONAL RADIOS(5 RADIO ISSUED)
- 1 X 25LBS ABC FIRE EXTINGUSHER
- 1 BURNZOMATIC PROPANE CYLINDER W/AUTO IGNITOR
- 1 M249 SAW W/O AMMO
- 1 SLIGHTLY DAMAGED MG3 W/O AMMO
Old 07-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Dangerclose

Default LAV25A1

Vehicle: LAV25A1
maintenance#: 6
Wear #: 5
Current Breakdowns:2
Current Fuel: Diesel

Main: M242 Bushmaster 25mm Autocannon
AMMO: 66 rds-APFSDSU & 354 - HE
2nd: 2 - M240 (1 on pintle) ea with 1320 rds.
Other: 8x40mm smoke launchers

VARIOUS EQUIPMENT:
420 rds - 25mm API
5280 rds-7.62N belted
1c/s 40mm SMOKE
Geiger counter
1c/s claymores
Basic,Power and WV tools
Heavy Ordernance tools
15 x 20L jerrycans Diesel (7 full)
1 vehicle radio
1x 20lbs ABC fire extingusher.

*** Game time as stated on a previous post is Sat. July 16th. I still need to create my 4 PC's (yes 4 confirmed for F2F) later this week. I will keep everybody posted.***
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Dangerclose

Default PC #1

Name: James Chan
HT: 6'1"
WT: 220 lbs
Born: June 26th, 1988
Home: Eugene, OR

FIT:16 / AGL: 8 / CON: 15 / STA:15 / INT: 14 / EDU: 15 / STR 15

RADS: 10, LOAD: 66lbs, Throwing range: 30M
MOS: Combat Medic
Unit: 1st Marine Expenditionary Force, 1st Marine Div, 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines

EQUIPMENT: SCAR-H, RDS and forward grip .45 sidearm. Camelbak, Blackhawk Omega ammo vest (holds 8x 7.62N mags, 1x 7LED streamlight flashlight, leatherman), body armor, ballistic helmet w/PVS-14 Monogoggles NV, knife, kneepads, gloves. M82 Medical bag, FRx Heart stop defib (portable) plus various extra Medical gadgets.

HISTORY: James graduated H.S. with honors in 2005. Coming from a hard working yet wealthy family James got accepted to the U of Kansas where he studied as a Paramedic. Upon his graduation from University James joined the Marine Corps O.C.S program at Marine corps base Quantico. The Navy really wanted James but being that James' father and uncle were both former Marines he had to decline

After James was commishined he furthered his training by working along side the Naval FMF corpsmen, while still States side. In 2009 his unit was deployed to Iraq for a year. The entire time serving at a combat hospital after requesting the change. In Jan 2010 his unit was again transfered, this time to the Helmand prov, Afganistan. This time he was the 2nd LT leading his Platoon.

From July 2010 until March 2011 they were re-stationed at Camp Pendleton for needed downtime. However with growing global conflicts his unit was redeployed to Taranto, Italy in April 2011 and stayed there assisting the Italians until Nov2011. Then they were assigned to Poland.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Dangerclose

Name: Lewis Chen
HT: 5'8"
WT: 149 lbs
Born: Sept 1, 1993
Home: Vancouver, BC, Canada
FIT:14 / AGL: 11 / CON: 14 / STA:7 / INT: 6 / EDU: 7 / STR 10

RADS: 24, LOAD: 74lbs, Throwing range: 20M
MOS: Infantry
Unit: 3rd PPCLI (MTN rifle company)

EQUIPMENT: C7A2 w/grip, x4 White hot scope. Camelbak, Blackhawk Omega ammo vest (holds 8 x 5.56Nmags, 1x 7LED streamlight flashlight, leatherman), body armor, ballistic helmet, knife, kneepads & elbow pads, gloves.

HISTORY: Lewis quit H.S at the age of 16 and enlisted at 17 with the CAF. He did his basic training at CFB Wainwright and immediatly after was deployed overseas in the spring of 2011.

James isnt the brightest kid but is a HARD worker. He was diagnosed as Dislexic and ADHD by his Company Doctor. So upon deployment James was always assigned the rear shit jobs. He did these up until Oct when his unit was deployed to the german front. They moved North into Poland towards the Baltic Sea. During the Feb 2012 operation James and his squad were seperated from the rest of his Company. They were guarding the Right (southern) flank but were over ran bu the Russian 9th Company (Airborne) and they travelled south until a Belgium convoy picked them up on there way to Kalisz.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:30 AM

Enjoying the logs thanks. I would agree that I'd much appreciate updates from the actual campaign.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Dangerclose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
Enjoying the logs thanks. I would agree that I'd much appreciate updates from the actual campaign.
I will as soon as we play. The first F2F is scheduled for this Saturday.

Stay tuned
Old 07-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Dangerclose

Default Chapter one: Escape from Kalisz part #1

So we had our 1st F2F game yesterday and what a blast. I havent played T2K since the mid 90's. Glad my wife doesnt mind, as long as i dont mind be called a "Nerd" by her, LOL. We had a last minute cancellation but otherwise rolled pretty good. So below is my Journal:

0000 HRS - Units have returned to NATO F.O.B. Freedom at the Pratt & Whitney factory in the southern location of Kalisz. They quickly grab some chow and hit the bunks for a few hours of shut eye. They have been engaged with the Polish 10th Tank Div. and Russian armies from the 21st Motorized Rifle Div. for almost a week. Ivan really wants to take over FOB Freedom.

0400 HRS – Mortars and artillery start landing within 1 KM of FOB Freedom, and the base is on full alert. Units from the 5th Infantry Mech. Start to load up there vehicles for what is believed to be a minor engagement as their defences into the city are still entacted.

0420 HRS – 3 of NATOs check Points into Kalisz from the N-NW have been taken over by the Polish 10th Tank and Infantry Divisions and word from the North East and East is that Russian 21st Motorized Rifle Div. have engaged US infantry Positions and will soon break thru.

0450 HRS - Polish forces are now 2 KM away from FOB Freedom and Russian forces have gotten to the River and have started entrenching there mortar teams and assembling there T90s.

0530 HRS – Major General Shultz call the Full retreat of NATO forces any which way you can. His last words are Good luck; you’re on your own! Realizing that they have 30 minutes to leave Major Matt Cheung quickly organizes a 2 vehicle squad. Major Cheung orders Captain Krausse to go into the Signals bldg, only 20m away and grab whatever you can. Major Cheung then orders 1LT Chan to take SSGT Bennett and SGT OShea into the Armoury DOUBLE TIME and grab whatever you can. The Major then orders SGT Derry and SGT Benoit hitch up the 2-1/2T trailer to the HMMVW which had a Medium still and jerry cans and to guard the HMMVW and LAV25. Meanwhile the Major runs into the CP which is only 20M away.

0540HRS – Captain Krausse returns with 2 tins of Coffee. The Signals bldg had been completely gutted earlier.

0550 HRS - SSGT Bennett and SGT OShea return with 2 ammo crates each of 5.56N and 7.62N unbelted ammo. They quickly load into their LAV25.

0553 HRS – Major Cheung returns from the CP with a accordion style case. There are 12 maps inside that the Major hasn’t checked yet, Plus he returns with a tactical wall map (30x36} and the last known locations of Polish and Russian forces Baltic and Central. Plus the location of NATO command, Northern Poland Baltic.

0605 HRS – LT Chan returns from the Armoury with 1 - M82 Inceptor Body Armour, 1- slightly dinged PVS-14 NVG and a cs of Shotgun shells.

0607 HRS – After quick conversation between Major Cheung, LT Chan and CPT. Krausse they determine they are going to escape Kalisz following the railroad east until it intersects HWY 12 east. There if the HWY is clear they will escape on it. Otherwise they will trek off-road. At the crossing they discover it’s not safe and they head off-road SE for 4 HRS to the edge of the woods West of Zloczew.

1020 HRS – The Team sets up camp. An inventory is done of what goods they have. Major Cheung discovers he has a Map of working rail lines thru Poland. Afterwards they do a roundtable of Introductions and discuss their short, medium and long range goals. Short term was decided to go SE towards the town of Radomsko and then head North towards the town of Rawa Mazowiecka. The entire time trying to avoid contact with Reg. Forces and Parties x2 our size.
The medium range goal is to make it to NATO Baltic command in Karlino, Poland. There Long range goal is to make it back home to the USA and Canada.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Dangerclose

Default Escape from Kalisz Part #2

1230 HRS – The unit sends out a 3 man Patrol east to the HWY where there unit is looking at crossing. SGT Derry goes with his M82 Barrett as cover once they get to the HWY. Major Cheung and Lt Chan also go out and are lightly armed. The Major is armed with 1-UMP45 w.silencer, MARS x4 scope and the Lt has a SCAR-H. After the 2 safely cross the HWY they start to Patrol the other side. Lt.Chan notices a reflection from something metal from the sun in a group of trees about 300M NE of their location. They creep towards the trees until they are 150m out when SGT Derry confirms one man armed with an axe and shovel exiting the tree line.
The group observes him for 15 minutes. He is starting to dig what looks like a foxhole. Lt. Chan moves to the tree line still 150m away and Proceeds into the light brush. His intention is to slowly creep to the location of the man flanking him. Major Cheung continues to crawl forward until 100m. At this time 2nd man armed with a shovel comes out from the trees and starts talking with the other man. They can now smell smoke from an unseen fire. They are now both digging. Lt Chan gets to their rear Position and discovers a 3rd man. His back is to him and he appears to be asleep in front of the fire. An AK74U is slung on his shoulder. Major Cheung crawls to 20m out. Lt Chan radios what is seen. Major Cheung advises the Lt to silently knock him out. He then advises Sgt Derry to keep eyes on the left soldier and he is going to stand and order them to halt and raise their hands in Russian.
Both do as they are instructed. Meanwhile Lt Pistol whips the 3rd and knocks him unconscious. Thru ESY-INT they discover the 2 diggers are conscripts ordered by their Platoon commander to set up an L.P. and wait for any NATO forces escaping from Kalisz. They are both lightly armed with AKMs and 1 mag ea and are 39 and 20. They alert them of the 3rd being there Drunk SGT. They also discover that there are 2 more LPs set up between Zloczew and Wielun. But they have no Radio. The other half of their Platoon will drive to these LPs getting Intel. This ˝ Platoon is located in Zloczew, while the rest of their Regiment is in Sieradz.
Major Cheung realizing they cannot take these 2 with them executes them. They carry the unconscious SGT and meet up with SGT Derry and return to their camp.

1820 HRS – At the camp a group of 3 men go and forage for goods to put into the still. Meanwhile, the teams Mechanic Performs maintenance on the LAV25. Shortly afterwards the Russian SGT awakes, gagged, blindfolded and tied. Major Cheung INT-ESY and discovers that the SGT is willing to give them info in exchange to let him go. He informs them of the City of Krakow and how it’s a neutral location with a ton of trading Possible. Anything from food and Gas to AMMO to a way back to the States (wink wink}. He also confirms his Battalions size and location which matches the other two story. After getting all the Intel that he believed he could get Major Cheung executed him, silently. The team discusses weather to go to Krakow or to continue on their route. The latter is still agreed on.

2200 HRS – The 3 man group returns with enough MUSH to fill there still.

2220 HRS – UAV flies over there location at a descending level. A few minutes later it crashes just north of their location.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Dangerclose

Default Escape from Kalisz part #3

0000 HRS – Group sets a 1man guard and tries to sleep.

0430 HRS – Team is waken by the sounds of Tank fire, Artillery, Mortars and small arms fire to a Position North of them. In the distance, explosions can be seen.

0445 HRS – The sound of a fast mover is heard coming from there south going north. A single A10 Warthog flies and engages enemy forces north. The unit guess that it’s around 5-10 KM away. They determine to immediately leave there location and travel south to Wielun and do a Recon of the town.

0500 HRS – Team departs.

0620 HRS – Team arrives ˝ KM West of Wielun. The sounds of the Battle are still heard in the distance, but faint. They set u a 3 man recon unit (same as Previous day} and go closer to town. They recon for 6 hours.

1250 HRS- Recon team returns and briefs. A small town of about 35 houses, a few businesses and a School. All bldgs are 1 story except for the School. About 2-3 Platoons of men, wearing Polish fatigues. All are lightly armed with only 1-RPK and 1-RPG spotted. On the top of the school gymnasium is a make shift watch tower. The school yard is fenced and a motor Pool is located. Only a few UAZ-469 are there. There is support and civvies. A MASH style tent with a Red Cross on it, assumed to be a Polish med center. This too is in the school yard compound.

1310 HRS – Team decides to bypass the town and to travel a km south and cross the 2 HWYs and recon the Bridge about 1km Southeast of Wienlun.

1400 HRS – Team Recons bridge for 1 hour. After the all clear they cross and Proceed on HWY East to Radomsko.

1800 HRS – Team arrives at Radomsko. Recon and notice around 30 houses and a large vehicular tent but are Unable to see inside. Around 50 armed marauders with bolt action rifles, SKS and a few AKM.

2000 HRS – Overhead another Jet is heard. An F15. Moments later a loud explosion and an ejection from the cockpit is seen. The marauders hoot and holler while a BMP starts and exits the tent. A dozen men jump on and it starts driving north towards where the Pilot should land.
Hastily the team unhooks the trailer and the HMMVW and LAV start moving north as well off road. They are around 2 KM West of the BMP which never notices the 2 vehicles.

Enroute the LAV commander agrees to intercept the BMP when it turns off the HWY and West into the fields towards the now landed Eagle Driver. The HMMVW will Proceed North and turn East at a Range of 2KM, stop and SGT Derry will unload and arm 1 of their 2 AT4s. Then he will fire on the BMP.
Once the BMP turns off-road the driver notices the LAV at 1.6KM and opens up with a small burst. Shots go wide. Sgt Derry then fires his AT4 (Misses roll} and shot sails wide left. He then gets back into the HMMVW and it drives 500m closer. The LAVcontinues on its intercept, but still doesn’t fire. The BMP continues driving right at the Unseen HMMVW while the guns aim but do not fire at the LAV. The 12 men have now jumped off the BMP and are literally running at the LAV.
500m closer SGT Derry gets out, aims and fires his 2nd AT4. (Roll hit}. Hit BMP front right. DMG causes a major explosion! The dozen men are now thrown around from the blast. The LAV continues after the explosion of the BMP and the Gunner focuses on the men with his 25mm M242 Bushmaster. The Gunner fires a burst of 100rds of H.E until he’s at a range of 30m.
SGT Derry gets back into the HMMVW and they drive towards the BMP until 30m.

They Dismount. Major Cheung and Lt Chan take the North and Sgt Derry goes south. They proceed in a skirmish line north to South 5m apart. The driver stays at the HMMVW lying down. He does fire a magazine prior to the skirmish line being formed. SGT Derry fires a 40mm HE towards the cluster of men. The other two start with 4 rd bursts as they proceed towards the BMP. The return gunfire is sporadic at best, but enough to Pin down Sgt Derry at 10m away. Major Cheung will end up using ˝ his UMP45 mag, but rather than blind fire he will aim and concentrate on exact shots. All 3 kills proving lethal as he gets 2 head shots and a mouth shot on 3 separate marauders.
Lt Chan manages to unload his SCAR-H and afterwards gets a confirmed 2 kills. Meanwhile SGT Derry does manage to get a kill, hitting him 3x with his burst after no longer being Pinned down. 2 Thigh shots and 1 belly wound.

TOTAL AMMO USED was 1x20rds 7.62N, 2x30rds 5.56N, 1 40mm HE and 15x.45ACP. Plus 100x 25mm HE and 350rds x 7.62N belt fed for the M240 on the LAV.

After the firefight is over and the weapons damaged and bodies searched they go to the Pilot. They discover he is dead and had a .38
Old 07-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Dangerclose

Default Escape from Kalisz part #4 of 4

2040 HRS – The team goes into the town unopposed. The stop in front of the main house and are approached by a few men. One is named Igor Shotim a former Lt. With the Russian Army, Intel. He invites them into his house, so Major Cheung and SGT Derry both accept. Prior to entering Lt. Chan informs the Major and SGT not to eat or drink anything (MED-ESY} disease. The conversation lasts around 15 minutes with food and drinks being offered but declined. Igor informs them that the commander of the BMP was his stupid brother in law. And that they found the BMP a few months ago. He also offers up unneeded Intel which the Major detected as a bluff. Igor informs them that monthly they travel south to Krakow for trade and now that they destroyed their BMP how do they Plan on repaying them. SGT Derry informs them that they get to live. Not amused Igor takes Major Cheung to the side and whispers Auschwitz! Then walks back to the group. The team leaves town and goes back to their trailer. Top up the fuel and agree to drive for the night. Just before leaving town they deliberately get suited up in their MOPP suits to make it appear that they are going south to the ruins of Czestochowa. Knowing that Igor will be notifying Russian units about us.

2230 HRS – Leave town south,and 5 km south of the river they head East towards Wloszczowa

0230 HRS – In route to Jedrzejow from Wloszczowa they encounter a vehicle coming towards them. It hi beams them. The HMMVW is instructed to come out from behind the LAV and to hi beam in return. When the vehicles Pass each other they notice it was a Volvo 2T truck hauling a trailer designed for liquids.

0400 HRS – get to Jedrzejow and need to decide if they are still going north, but thru the ruins of Kielce, South West to the ruins of Sosnowiec or South to Krakow. The latter is there decision.

0600 HRS – Stop at small town of wodzislaw and since the suns up they do a quick recon of area. All clear so they continue south to miechow.

0630 HRS – Reach Miechow and do Recon. All clear so they continue south to the town of Slomniki.

0800 HRS – reach Slomniki outskirts. They are low enough on the mountain that they can now pull off to the side of the road into the woods. They drive about 20m in and conceal there Path and vehicles. The set up a camp and a Perimeter with the few Claymores they have. They eat the last of their frozen food and start gathering for there still. They will stay here for the next week doing recon on the town, hunting and creating fuel.

When we start up again I will advance the calendar to July 9th.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 AM

Nice writeup. Thanks for taking the time.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 AM

1. Good write up, I hope to read more.

2. Executions? Welllll, your players have taken to the T2K environment! Many players would balk at this.

3. It'll be interesting to see if what goes around, comes around :-)
Old 07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Dangerclose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdusk View Post
1. Good write up, I hope to read more.

2. Executions? Welllll, your players have taken to the T2K environment! Many players would balk at this.

3. It'll be interesting to see if what goes around, comes around :-)
Thank you. Our next date is set for August 13th. I'll update it then. But later this week I need to update with one of my PC's that I didn't get a chance to breif on earlier.

Very tru on this point. There was some discussion on this point briefly prior to but the risk of the pow's telling their units the approx size and strengths outwayed those of letting them live. Plus the major is a cynical bastard with a grudge.

I already have a plan for them on this point (insert dr evil laugh)
Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Dangerclose

Default Chapter#2 Free city of Krakow pt #1

Chapter 2 – Free City of Krakow

*Update*
Since arriving the group has managed to set up a base perimeter around there camp which is 200m away from the road. They have foraged the earth and have 6 days worth of Ethanol created. They successfully hunted a small Deer. After cooking it the first night they rationed off the balance and froze it. They have enough meat for 5 days at 2 meals a day. Jerky was also made from the Deer.
It has started to rain and the avg.daytime temperature is 10 Celsius. They have managed to fill the remainder of water jerry cans from the rain. Both the LAV and the HUMVEE have had there weekly maintenance work completed. The group has done daily reconnaissance of the village of Slomniki. It has a few hundred villagers and appears to be of no threat.

JULY 11TH
0600 HRS – The team decides the it’s best to travel to Krakow and see what they can get. Items needed are Cold weather gear, .50 ammo for the Barrett, food, Diesel and medical supplies. The team combines there monies and the team has $10,484 plus some shotgun ammo for trade.

0700HRS – The team heads south towards Krakow, but stop in the town of Slomniki for some last minute trade. Upon entering the village they are immediately greeted by an older lady and man. Both in their mid 40s. Lt Chan exits rear right of the Humvee and stands watch. Major Cheung approaches the 2 and attempts to communicate with them. They don’t know English or Russian and he doesn’t know polish. The lady does notice his American flag and smiles. She asks if he’s Airborne 101st or so he thinks. So Sgt Derry is called over because a} he speaks polish and b}he’s 101st Airborne. After a brief conversation Sgt Derry and Major Cheung go inside their house and the remainder stay guard at the vehicles.

Inside they are given a feast of breads and fresh milk. Major Cheung notices a 101st airborne jacket on the back of a chair. Its the same as Sgt Derry’s and has Sgt stripes and the name of SGT pastier on it. The Major alerts the Sgt and Derry starts questioning the family on the owner of the jacket, and the lady goes into a back room. Out comes Sgt pastier and 2 AWOL polish soldiers.
After happy hellos the two Airborne soldiers catch up. Sgt pastier hasn’t been seen since the 101st jump into Gdansk at the beginning of Operation Black Dragon. Derry is told of his bad landing and how his squad was separated from the rest of the company. After travelling south for a few days and getting ambushed by the Russians he met up with this beautiful lady. She was recently a survivor of a NATO bombing raid of her village where her family lived. Only she and her brother survived from her family. When their paths crossed it was the Florence nightingale affect.

He escorted them south to the village of Slominki to live with their Aunt and Uncle and there 2 sons (who by now have left the polish army}.
The team agreed to stay here overnight and at first light the next morning head south into Krakow. Sgt pastier gave the team a heads up of what Krakow is all about and what to expect. Lt Chan started to treat the seriously sick with what equalled 20% of his antibiotics and gave another 20% to the village for future use.

The balance of the night was catching up and some minor drinking.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Dangerclose

Default Free city of Krakow pt #2

JULY 12th
0600HRS – The team starts south towards Krakow. But the HMMVW and Sgt Bennett will stay at the village. The LAV will take the team to the Old city gates and drop them off, come back to the village and come back 48 hrs later to meet them.

0700HRS – Come across a ambush sight. 4 destroyed Humvees. Major Cheung checks his thermal and notices one heat signature 60m away in the woods at the tree line. The team moves up to the site and secures it. They then notice the sheer volume of damage done here. All 4 Humvees are stripped of anything useful, the 10 dead bodies around the vehicles are naked or near naked with their gear also taken. Upon finding the lone heat signature they also see about 15 more bodies shot execution style.

Lt Chan quickly assesses the wounded soldier and gives him med care (MED-paramedic-ESY} once the patent becomes stable for the short time that he is, the team discovers he’s LT Schaeffer, US Army B team 20th Special unit Green Berets. His mission was to secure the 2nd half of RESET. He has the 1st half but the two halves don’t work together without each other. He tells them where in the lead humvee he kept it and that he believes Sgt Cutler is working for the Russians. Prior to dying he will tell the team what Reset is. How it is a operating system and how it will start the use of wide spread computer usage again, and how the Russians can’t get it.

Once he dies the team will check the lead Humvee for it. After 15 mins the find a hidden box under the commander’s seat. Lt Chan attempts to open it with his K-Bar knife. In the process of getting the box open he slices his left hand and will require 4 stitches. Inside the box is the paperwork end of reset and the pages of script. Also is photos of Cyryl Jedrzej the creator of the Anastazy OS, his assistant Marek polizy, Sandra Michal (who is Cyryl’s GF} and CIA agent Jozef Kolek.

Instructions are for the B team to meet Cyryl on the 13th at 1300 HRS at the Na Zdrawi bar. Here Cyryl and crew will be escorted out of Krakow and to NATO HQ in Germany. Cyryl has 6 floppies and 10 flashcards, the 2nd half of reset. Together the end user will benefit from working computers again.

0800HRS – Leave ambush, take LTs dog tags. Continue south.

0830HRS – Enter Krakow from the NE.

0840HRS – Encounter a large gathering of refugee Children. They approach the LAV at around the 1780 Block. We slow to avoid and continue.

0900HR- Encounter a Heavily armed ORMO checkpoint around the 1370 block. We slow to a stop. ORMO approach and ask a few basic questions. We notice the 2 BMps and UAZ. We are cleared to proceed.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Dangerclose

Default Free city of Krakow pt #3

0915HRS – At the 1180 block we receive fire by Rpg out a 3rd story window to our left. Sgt Derry and Lt. Chan dismount and run to cover in a crater 10 yards away from the LAV. Major Cheung gets his webbing caught on the LAVs external load and is unable to dislodge. Meanwhile the LAV aims its 25mm M242 Bushmaster at the 3rd story window and lets a burst of 100 rds HE. LT Chan notices while scanning the building a body in the window of a
2nd floor suite. He awares Sgt Derry.

Major Cheung is now free and runs to the building that they are taking fire from and scans across the street, now covering the LAVs flank. Lt Chan now notices another Rpg tube in the window on the 2nd floor and empties a magazine into it from his
SCAR-H.
Immediately afterwards Sgt Derry uses a magazine into the same window. Major Cheung sees a body in a 2nd floor window behind the team and also empties a magazine into it from his Ump45. The team now starts to advance down the street in a cautious-defensive manner. The LAV is no longer taking fire.

**AMMO USED** 1 mag-7.62, 1 mag- 5.56,1 mag-.45acp and 100 rds – 25mm HE.

1000HRS – Get to Old city gates. LAV commander gets out and advises his team to return in 48 hrs. The team is then escorted by ORMO into the checkpoints HQ. (Described to them as what US-Canadian border crossings look like}. The team is asked a ton of questions regarding their reasons for coming to Krakow, what are their current state of small arms and ammo and there length of stay. After they are questioned there papers are taken to a clerk to process. They notice the mid 80s IBM computer being used and the LAN lines connected to them. Lt Chan is approached by an ORMO guard and he speaks in ENG-50% to him. He asks him for a smoke. Lt Chan gives him a whole package of Camel smokes. They go outside and chat for a minute. Lt Chan discovers the place to go for women or drinks are the Na Zdrowie bar.
After 1-1/2 hours and $1600 fee to enter Krakow they are given each a green 48 hrs pass.

1130HRS – team heads to Na Z bar only to discover it opens nightly at 2000 HRS

1140HRS – Team goes into the market and does a 6 hours recon to see what goods are available to buy from their list.

1730 HRS – Team discovers they can buy the following items- 1cs of 35 .50 cal rds for $500, 1 bx clot gel NATO issued for $800, 1 dz sets of gloves, toques, long underwear and sweaters for $50, locally made MRE consisting of various grown goods for $50 cs of 12,and 3 cs of 25mm ApI rounds for $2100. No decision is made.

1800 HRS – realise the market is closing as it is dusk. Will not reopen until dawn. So the team recons the old town until 2000 HRS.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Dangerclose

Default Free city of Krakow pt#4

2000 HRS – Team goes into Na Z bar. Bar consists of 6 bouncers armed with batons and 9 mm. 1 bartenders at the main bar, 1 at the satellite bar. A raised VIPs section with its own bouncer. A back room for staff and 2 bathrooms. There is also a grand piano on the stage and a dj booth that doesn’t work anymore. The bars coolers have power via generator but the room is lit by many candles. Lt Chan talks to a female bartender who surprisingly knows English. He orders a Heineken and 3 vodkas. Total is $50

Lt Chan seeing that he has something here asks the Bartender her name, and she responds’ Tanya. He asks Tanya where he can find somebody here in Krakow. She suggests the Hostel down the road. Lt asks if she know Cyryl Jedrzej. Taken back, she says RESET and Lt Chan now taken back nods yes. Tanya says she will be starting her set soon but for him to meet her here after 0000 HRS.

Meanwhile Major Cheung notices a older man in his 50s sitting in the VIPs section dressed in a ORMO uniform. He is drinking a glass of Brandi and enjoying a cigar. The Major orders one of what he’s drinking and has it sent to the ORMO officer. Upon receiving it he motions for the major to join him. They have some small talk via Sgt Derry as a translator. He is introduced as Commander Marek Serochy. The Major asks him where he can buy ammo, medical goods and diesel. Marek says that he will be back tomorrow from 2000-2100 hrs to have his regular 2 drinks and at this time he will have some answers for him.

The team discusses what has be gained and decide to leave the now 200 plus filled room and check out the other bar in town. Just before leaving they notice a large element of ORMO in the room watching them as they are really the only well armed unit there.

The make there way to the other bar and notice ORMO are there with 2 UAZ armed as something just happened. They decide to go to the hostel and check for Cyryl and to check in.

2130HRS – Check into hostel for night, $200. No Intel gained on Cyryl. Team rests until 0000 HRS when they go back to Na Z bar to meet Tanya.

JULY 13th
0000 HRS – Team is back at the bar. Tanya is off stage and now talking 3men in the Vip section. The main is a large man wearing a Blue adidas track jacket and sweats and has a stockless AK74u SMG slung on his back.** based off the sniper in Behind Enemy lines** The 2nd is a man wearing a golf shirt and slacks. A revolver is holstered. The 3rd is a male wearing blue jeans and an US Army jacket with SGT Cutler as the name.

At the entrance is 2 men wearing black leather jackets, KGB looking for sure says Major Cheung. They make eye contact and the KGB agent moves his left wrist to his mouth and talks into it, and then moves.

0030 HRS – Tanya now leaves the vip and leaves thru the main door, but makes eye contact with Lt Chan. The team shortly afterwards leaves thru the door. Tanya is now a block left of the bar and standing at the corner. The team follows, but along the way notice that 6 men in leatherjackets are now following. When Lt Chan gets to Tanya she says go 100m down the block and waits. The team runs and waits while Tanya detours the KGB.

They now meet Tanya and go to her safe house. There she informs the team that she is CIA and acting as a DBL agent with the KGB. And tomorrow at 1300HRS she is to meet with Cyryl and Josef (also CIA} and us the B Team and escort Cyryl and RESET to Germany. The Major informs Tanya on who we are and how we got RESET, and how Cutler fits into all this. The decision is made for the team to meet Tanya at 1230 HRS and the team goes to the hostel for sleep.

0100 – 1200 HRS – Team rests.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Dangerclose

Default Free city of Krakow pt#5

1230 HRS – Team meets Tanya and they go to the Na Z bar, as Tanya has a key to the back door.

1310 HRS – a frantic blonde woman enters the bar. Once everybody realises that it’s Sandra, Cyryl’s GF they start to worry. She informs them that Cyryl and Marek went to meet with Josef last night, but Cyryl had a bad feeling. He gave the reset disks and cards to Sandra and said if he doesn’t return to give them to an American unit. They didn’t return and they were found dead this morning by the ORMO. When asked if she had the RESET disks she said No but she will bring them by the bar tonight after 2100 hrs. She then leaves. The team lets her leave.

1330 HRS – The team agrees with Tanya to lay low for the afternoon and to meet back at Na Z bar at 2000 HRS. We all go back to the hostel.

2000 HRS – Team gets ready and heads for Na Z bar arrives a few minutes later. Once they arrive inside Commander Marek is already in the VIPs drinking his Brandy. Major Cheung and Sgt Derry make their way to him. Lt Chan and the LAV commander go to Tanya. They buy a Heineken and vodka, $50. Tanya says that she will be performing at 2100-0000 hrs and to watch for Sandra. Meanwhile the Major agrees to pay $5000 in advance to Marek for 2 x 205L drums of Diesel fuel, which can be picked up tomorrow morning at 0800 from the Wawel Castle.

Major informs him that our LAV won’t be back in time and if we could use ORMO radios to contact him. Request is denied as Marek states this business is from his p/t job thru Gus, NOT an ORMO job. But he says to come to ORMO HQ tomorrow at 0800 and he will give them another day pass. The Major agrees and just before leaving the Commander offers a job to the team. If completed he will return their cash and pay them in diesel fuel. A package is coming from Western Poland on the 15th. If we could intercept it and kill the messengers he would pay dearly, on top of the diesel. The Major says he will get back to him.