RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2015, 08:54 PM

Question New to Morrow Project

Hi, I am new to Morrow Project. Actually, I have not bought it yet.

I am a big fan of Twilight 2000, and really enjoyed the civgov aspects of Twilight 2013. When I ran across a forum at rpg.net and directed me over to Timeline LTD, I was immediately captured half way through the description of the book.

The only thing that kept me from buying it right then and there was I typically like PDFs that I can buy then and there.

I have a few questions.

Does the released on December 15 mean 2014 or 2013?

Is there anything else I should get besides 4E?

I was thinking "Liberation of Riverton" as it was designed for beginner players.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:17 PM

There is a current release book out right now. Came out mid last year. And they did a PDF as well, but I think it ended up in the people who were involved with the Kickstarter. Might want to check there website or send them an e-mail.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoj View Post
Hi, I am new to Morrow Project. Actually, I have not bought it yet.

I am a big fan of Twilight 2000, and really enjoyed the civgov aspects of Twilight 2013. When I ran across a forum at rpg.net and directed me over to Timeline LTD, I was immediately captured half way through the description of the book.

The only thing that kept me from buying it right then and there was I typically like PDFs that I can buy then and there.

I have a few questions.

Does the released on December 15 mean 2014 or 2013?

Is there anything else I should get besides 4E?

I was thinking "Liberation of Riverton" as it was designed for beginner players.
The 4th Edition is released....... You can also buy the 3rd edition from Timeline Ltd too.

"Liberation at Riverton" is a great starter module. It is very "Morrow Project".

Each module is valuable because editions and revisions to the game are added through the modules and not as stand alone supplements.

Things like hit locations for vehicles.... New weapons, more data on encounter groups, and new equipment.

Welcome aboard...... Read through the posts here.... Bump anything you like, there is no rule against resurrecting threads if you have something to add, or don't understand the material.

The discussions here can go back and forth between 3rd edition and 4th edition so you may have to ask someone for clarification.

Welcome!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 PM

Thanks, all.

I did order 4E an the Riverton module.

Regarding modules having rules expansions, would these expansions be captured in 4E?

Looking forward to receiving the books and reviewing the threads here, but mostly playing some MP.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoj View Post
Thanks, all.

I did order 4E an the Riverton module.

Regarding modules having rules expansions, would these expansions be captured in 4E?

Looking forward to receiving the books and reviewing the threads here, but mostly playing some MP.
Those expansions would be for 3rd edition and subjects or items that came up, not originally covered in the rule book.

Some of it is history or back story explaining elements and ideas surrounding the Project, the "Deception", and some ideas on how it was supposed to work.

It can make for interesting reading.