RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Auto Fire Rules

Milano 03-06-2004, 11:34 PM This is the best RPG of all time. It's adaptable, great story, updateable.... However, It's greatest drawback is that automatic fire is useless. If in the real world someone could empty a 249 at a guy to have all but 1 or 2 rounds go wild we'd still be using M1 Garands and SKSs. So, what rules do you all use to make up for this inconsistancy in the rules. Any thoughts, ideas, modifications would be great.

Lindgaard 03-07-2004, 04:58 AM Hello Milano

In my group, we have made this change to autofire :

If a pc uses full auto at close range, they use 1/2 their skill instead of 1/4. That makes close range, full auto very effective.

btw: we use the version 2.2 rules

regards

Lindgaard

Milano 03-07-2004, 02:46 PM Thank you Lindgaard for the quick reply. A couple of my buddies and I are trying to start a game soon and I want to rectify this problem now as upposed to half way through.

I tried that and as you said and it is indeed deadly even out to long range. But, I still cannot modify the rules in such a way as to have more probable shots at long range. I found an Excell program from Ronald A and it seems to work but I am a control freak and would like to see the mechanics behind it.

Anyway, thank you very much and if I figure something out I'll post it. Any other solutions are more than welcome.

Lindgaard 03-08-2004, 01:34 AM Hi Milano

I think i didn't make myself clear. We only use 1/2 skill at close range. On medium, long and extreme range, we still use 1/4 skill with the number of dice reduced as normal.

regards

Lindgaard

Milano 03-11-2004, 03:31 PM I think I have figured out a good solution to the problem with the existing automatic fire rules. I have written my changes and reasons for the change on an MS Word document that is attached to this file. Please check it out. I think it is the best solution to the problem. With that being said, if you see something that can be changed, improved, or needs changing please tell me. Also, if you like it please go ahead and post it on your web pages. Give it to your buddies. Whatever, I do not know about copywrite laws and have done this for the community as much as for myself. Have fun.