RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mariner View Post
Up to the PD, there's no requirement in TM-1-1 to cap the base skill before specializing. If there is no specialty listed then the player/PD is free to chose either the base skill or any appropriate specialization.
True, but it makes no sense not to max the base skill out, since you get more value out of the training points spent, unless the skill is complex where it is required to specialize.

The only other thing that stands out is the Drive (MPV) skill. That only applies to special project vehicles, like MARS-One, Science-One and presumably ACVs since they are not covered elsewhere. Not every Project personnel needs to have that. A V-150 is covered with the Drive (Automobile) skill, as that covers wheeled vehicles under 10 tons (I assume metric ton which is equal to 1000kg to keep things simple).
Old 10-16-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post

The only other thing that stands out is the Drive (MPV) skill. That only applies to special project vehicles, like MARS-One, Science-One and presumably ACVs since they are not covered elsewhere. Not every Project personnel needs to have that. A V-150 is covered with the Drive (Automobile) skill, as that covers wheeled vehicles under 10 tons (I assume metric ton which is equal to 1000kg to keep things simple).
I'm assuming you're referring to the entry under Project Basic training and I see your point. I may need to revisit the choices available vs. those mandated (I was using the skills listed in the Basic Training (CORE) TM-1-1 section (P. 63)as a starting point). I was trying to keep the number of skills/specialties somewhat equal across the different training phases. Perhaps it would be better to drop the mandated skill and add an optional choice.

Cosmic, wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I really think a combination of our basic layouts could be made to work rather well.