RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 04-26-2017, 11:37 AM

Default The Household Brigade

I'm not writing any new material these days but this is something I wrote a while ago and just came across while clearing out some old files and which may be of some interest. Unlike most of my UK articles, it's intended to be entirely canon friendly (afaik neither of the Battalions mentioned in it are covered in any canon source).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf The Household Brigade.pdf (360.8 KB, 110 views)
Old 04-26-2017, 01:10 PM

A brilliantly written piece with a heck of a lot of research. With your permission I may add a few references into my article on King Charles III if that is OK.

IRL 2SSCOTTS were only a cadre, not sure if you assumed the cut back did not happen but it might be a good unit for the odds and ends to be attached to to make it up to strength.

I believe London District becomes 56th Infantry Brigade in wartime (mine ended up as 56 Guards Brigade due to the number og Guards units and lots of lobbying!

With the art items please feel free to reference my Recovery and Salvage Teams, I will reference your parts if that is OK. If you want details of a mine let me know, I live in Derbyshire.

You have the King's Colour Squadron with a tracked Rapier - I assume this is a wartime issue as I believe the RAF Rgt only uses towed Rapier.

Thanks for sharing this.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:52 PM

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! It's been sitting on my hard drive for literally years. Feel free to use any parts you want.

Re 2 SG, yep, I pretty much exclusively use the V1 timeline with an ongoing Cold War, which means 2nd Battalion never went into suspended animation. I agree that 56 Brigade is the accurate term, I just thought Household Brigade sounded a little more distinctive.

You're right about the Rapier. Same applies to the Scorpions - afaik the QCS was purely ceremonial pre Options so everything you see for them is wartime issue.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Is anyone else having a problem with opening this pdf? Every time I try, my computer refuses to open the file.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Is anyone else having a problem with opening this pdf? Every time I try, my computer refuses to open the file.

Might be some weird caching issue with your browser. I made another copy on my games site.

http://games.juhlin.com/files/The Household Brigade.pdf