RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Banned

Default What areas are people interested for modules, mini-adventures and sourcebooks

I wanted to put this thread up here to gather feedback for those who have been thinking about doing sourcebooks, modules or mini-adventures for those who might be interested.

For instance have been working on a Kenya sourcebook and considering after that something involving either Oceania, Vietnam, Texas, Yugoslavia or Korea or possibly more in Africa.

Very interested in hearing what there might be out there as to member's interests and desires for such ideas.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 AM

South America, definitely - what are the Brazilians doing with that carrier of theirs?

Japan. This was basically our unsinkable PacRim aircraft carrier, so what's going on there?

Korea. A front-row seat to the beginning of the War. More troops there?

Likewise, Vietnam. Even in the early 1990s, the Vietnamese government were sending friendly overtures to the US gov't (although this was predicated on the visible crumbling of the USSR, an event that didn't happen in T2k in the 90s).

Thailand, another SEA power with an aircraft carrier (OK, basically a helo scow but still).

India. I could see them surviving in not terrible shape.

I think I've gone all the way 'round the horn now.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM

I seem to recall in both V1 and V2.x that India and Pakistan virtually wipe each other out in their own nuclear exchange...

Re: Thailand, there's the Bangkok sourcebook, although I can't recall how much detail that has for the rest of the country

Korea is a definite.

South Africa?

And not to mention the F word, but I'd like to see more detail on France / the Franco Belgian Union.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

I working on stuff for Canada, and I have a mini adventure where the PC try and recover the Constitution of the United States, and the Liberty Bell,

Other Adventures that I am working on, are the recovery of the US Dies of the Great Seal, and retaking a US Mint?

I also have a few TV based adventures, envoling Gilligan's Island, Andy Griffith Show, Dukes of Hazzard, and MacGyver

I have also been think about doing a Love Boat one too, but hard to plan out a good adventure, it is set in Korea.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:19 PM

Korea would be good: GDW had a Korea sourcebook planned, according to a Challenge magazine issue (1990 or '91).

Kenya: seeing something based on Frank Frey's work finally coming up.

SoCal or Central California.

Old USMC Adage
Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wiser View Post
Korea would be good: GDW had a Korea sourcebook planned, according to a Challenge magazine issue (1990 or '91).

Kenya: seeing something based on Frank Frey's work finally coming up.

SoCal or Central California.
You will see Kenya soon - estimate I am about 70% done on a sourcebook for Kenya and the immediately surrounding area based on his work and including a few touches of my own

A question for anyone - is there any kind of legal disclaimer I need to put on it for either GDW or the current owner of Twilight 2000 and if so what?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
I wanted to put this thread up here to gather feedback for those who have been thinking about doing sourcebooks, modules or mini-adventures for those who might be interested.

For instance have been working on a Kenya sourcebook and considering after that something involving either Oceania, Vietnam, Texas, Yugoslavia or Korea or possibly more in Africa.

Very interested in hearing what there might be out there as to member's interests and desires for such ideas.
Me and Rainbow Six were doing a British one but real life got in the way after we nearly finished Scotland. I'd love to participate in any other sourcebooks but like everyone time is sometimes at a premium.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 PM
The Stat Guy

Well, the great uncovered and undercovered areas of the world -- Korea, the Sino-Russian front, Alaska/Yukon/British Colombia, Latin and South America, Africa -- anyone here could add to that list.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 04-24-2012, 10:32 PM

India and Pakistan had their own nuclear war. Pakistan struck first. Some parts of India might be in decent shape, but northern India probably took it on the chin.

I, too, am interested in what is going on inside the Sixth US Army area of operations.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN7 View Post
Me and Rainbow Six were doing a British one but real life got in the way after we nearly finished Scotland. I'd love to participate in any other sourcebooks but like everyone time is sometimes at a premium.
RN7 is being modest here by referring to what we did as a joint project...he probably did 90 - 95% of the work and came up with some great ideas. Unfortunately time is always the issue...I think I first started seriously working on my Alternative SGUK in 2008 and despite scaling down my ambitions I still haven't completed it (Marauder groups, which I'd hoped to have done for Xmas, will be next to be done - I hope to have that finished by the end of May).
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
RN7 is being modest here by referring to what we did as a joint project...he probably did 90 - 95% of the work and came up with some great ideas. Unfortunately time is always the issue...I think I first started seriously working on my Alternative SGUK in 2008 and despite scaling down my ambitions I still haven't completed it (Marauder groups, which I'd hoped to have done for Xmas, will be next to be done - I hope to have that finished by the end of May).
Rainbow I love the work you two have done on that project - I cant wait to see that finally released - frankly I consider it a much better work than the official GDW work - to the point that it may be what should be used as canon

Its a great work (Rainbow sent me a link to it) and I highly recommend it
Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Rainbow I love the work you two have done on that project - I cant wait to see that finally released - frankly I consider it a much better work than the official GDW work - to the point that it may be what should be used as canon

Its a great work (Rainbow sent me a link to it) and I highly recommend it
Thanks Olefin - appreciate that.

Just to clarify, the work that RN7 and I did (and as noted, RN7 did the lion's share of) was an expansion of the material that I originally posted. It runs to around twenty odd pages / 13,000 words, around 75 - 80% of which is new material which hasn't been posted to the forum.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Banned

My current plans are to create and release a Kenyan sourcebook that will cover much of East Africa as well and then possibly do a mini-adventure in that area as well, looking at a rewrite of City of Angels, some mini-adventures based on Lone Star, Red Star and also looking at Papua New Guinea and the war between Indonesia and Australia

Hopign to get Kenya done and ready by the end of May.