RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graebarde View Post
Most of what people do not want to eat or even try is all psychological.. mind over matter.. get it out of the mind it don't matter.
True. If they are hungry enough people will eat nearly anything. I remember a discussion here a while back in which North Korea's last big famine was mentioned - people there were eating things like soft inner tree bark and grass shoots. People have even boiled up boot and belt leather to eat when they are starving. But us soft westerners are often squeemish about trying something new in an Asian restaurant!

I'll eat all sorts of things that my girlfriend refuses to eat. Some things I can kind of understand but she won't even indulge my love of kangaroo meat. She thinks it is like eating Skippy. But there are millions and millions of kangaroos in Australia and they make for a much more sustainable food source than cattle or sheep. Hard-hooved animals tear up the ground in Australia (which is mostly quite arid) and cause soil erosion and degradation. Kangaroos are soft-footed and can eat all kinds of flora without getting sick. A much more sensible food source IMO.

Last edited by Targan; 06-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Tags
foodstuffs