RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 04-24-2018, 06:46 AM
Banned

Default Looking for submissions for the fanzine

I havent heard from Grimace so unless there are objections I will be putting together a second issue - looking for submissions - figure we can do something along the lines of Colonial Times that is done for 2300AD on drivethrurpg.com which is a semi-regular published fanzine with material from multiple authors

If you are interested send me a PM and I will send you my email contact and we can go from there. Can be anything - stories, tech data, mini-adventures, you name it
Old 04-24-2018, 10:47 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

I'm in
Old 04-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Banned

FYI what I am looking for

I am looking for fiction, artwork (as long as its original), adventures, equipment, NPCs, etc.. just needs to be confined to Twilight 2000 - but it can be for any version even Twilight 2013

for purposes of official treat my East Africa Sourcebook as official canon as well as the two books that Raellus has published - i.e. you can use that material as a basis for submissions (i.e. use a unit from East Africa for a mini-adventure in Zanzibar or create Hungarian NPC's using the guidelines that Raellus has in his Korean Sourcebook) - but please contact Raellus directly on any questions for his two books
Old 04-24-2018, 08:34 PM

If you need anything air or naval-wise, let me know. Did some RDF air OB stuff a long time ago, and it was on the old forum, as well as Antenna's site (defunct).

Old USMC Adage
Old 04-24-2018, 08:53 PM

Would any of the 1964 stuff I've been working on be acceptable? Or should we stick with the existing games themselves (in which case I've got some USCG Port Security Unit stuff).
Old 04-25-2018, 07:07 AM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchordsage View Post
Would any of the 1964 stuff I've been working on be acceptable? Or should we stick with the existing games themselves (in which case I've got some USCG Port Security Unit stuff).
It might be an alternate timeline for the Twilight War but it's still T2k, I would imagine that it would be just as suitable for the fanzine as any other T2k based article.
Fanzines are a great way to showcase these sorts of "alternatives" and if nothing else, can serve as food for thought for the reader or directly inspire them to try something like that themselves.

Thumbs up to Olefin for doing this. EDIT: Obviously I meant thumbs up for stepping in to create more issues for the fanzine but it ain't so obvious with the way I said it!

Last edited by StainlessSteelCynic; 04-25-2018 at 07:09 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-25-2018, 07:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wiser View Post
If you need anything air or naval-wise, let me know. Did some RDF air OB stuff a long time ago, and it was on the old forum, as well as Antenna's site (defunct).

Definitely interested - saw what you originally submitted for the first fanzine - from what I remember you still had more info for a second issue - love to have it for a second issue (or more hopefully)
Old 04-25-2018, 08:58 PM

If you want to use anything I've posted here, please feel free.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:13 AM

Feel free to snag any of the more detailed posts I've made here; be it the Orlando JMC or the Going Home handout or whatever you want to, Olefin.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 PM

Submitted my article. Hope it passes muster!
Old 04-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Banned

looks good to me - and thank you for sending it in word format

anyone else please feel free to submit it - and for anyone else same with anything you have posted here before - tell me if its ok and I can see what we can put together - if you have photos please send me the actual page location - will be talking to Marc - assume this will be a free posting so that means that photo rules arent the same as for a sold item -but that way I can suggest alternate photos if we have to follow those rules
Old 04-27-2018, 11:38 PM
Registered Registrant

Olefin, as a suggestion, would you mind listing the preferred format for submissions and so on?
For example, you thanked mcchordsage for submitting a Word doc so we can probably be safe in assuming that Word is better for you to work with than other document types but what about images, is it better to submit articles with formatting or leave them unformatted (e.g. for weapon/vehicle cards) etc. etc.?

I guess what I'm saying is if we can make it easier for Olefin to work with, then the sooner we can get new issues of the fanzine!
Old 04-28-2018, 04:14 AM

I might be up for doing something. Will need to have a think though.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
Olefin, as a suggestion, would you mind listing the preferred format for submissions and so on?
For example, you thanked mcchordsage for submitting a Word doc so we can probably be safe in assuming that Word is better for you to work with than other document types but what about images, is it better to submit articles with formatting or leave them unformatted (e.g. for weapon/vehicle cards) etc. etc.?

I guess what I'm saying is if we can make it easier for Olefin to work with, then the sooner we can get new issues of the fanzine!
Hmm ok - word is preferable (unless its an excel chart you want to send - i.e. for a list of units, etc..). Dont worry about the version - I will be converting to a pdf at the end

As to the format - set for Times New Roman font 11 no spacing and line spacing at exactly 11pt - thats the format that Marc wanted me to use when I did the East Africa sourcebook - for titles or other things go to font size 12 and bold -

if you use pictures of your own please say so if not then give me the link to where you got them so I can give credit similar to the last page of the Sourcebook and how Raellus did his two books.

Have to find out from Marc but assume it will be a free post like Colonial Times which considerably changes what you can use for pics versus a pay zine or book
Old 05-07-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Hmm ok - word is preferable (unless its an excel chart you want to send - i.e. for a list of units, etc..). Dont worry about the version - I will be converting to a pdf at the end

As to the format - set for Times New Roman font 11 no spacing and line spacing at exactly 11pt - thats the format that Marc wanted me to use when I did the East Africa sourcebook - for titles or other things go to font size 12 and bold -

if you use pictures of your own please say so if not then give me the link to where you got them so I can give credit similar to the last page of the Sourcebook and how Raellus did his two books.

Have to find out from Marc but assume it will be a free post like Colonial Times which considerably changes what you can use for pics versus a pay zine or book
I might be able to help with pics, particularly of UK related bits.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:10 PM

For the insatiably nosy among us, how're things going Olefin?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:42 PM
Banned

so far have only received one submission - which is yours - waiting to hear back from Marc to give his ok but may just do it myself - but be nice to have him bless it officially if possible
Old 06-05-2018, 01:21 PM

Okay.

I may be able to get some artwork for my article but said artist is traveling right now so I can't ask.