RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Ft. Bragg Question

sgtedb 02-03-2003, 09:17 PM I was stationed at Ft. Bragg from 87-91 with the 2/504, and I have a lot of fond memories of the area. I'm currently making up a map for a game I'm playing in, and I've run into a bit of a problem. It's a little embarrassing, I can't remember which DZ's are which. The maps I've found so far on the web haven't been much help, and they're not even marked on the USGS maps I ordered. Sicily DZ I remember, of course, but Salerno, Holland, Nijmegan, and the others I'm drawing a blank on. I downloaded the aerial photographs of the area from Terra Server, but of course they aren't marked by name. If anybody out there can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it.

MJGRIFF 02-04-2003, 07:56 AM I'm in the same boat you are partner, but I still have access to military maps so I'll do some huntin' for ya' and get back as soon as possible. Hope that works for you.

Sua Sponte

MJG

robert.munsey 02-04-2003, 10:10 AM You wrote;

<Snip> It's a little embarrassing, I can't remember which DZ's are which. The maps I've found so far on the web haven't been much help, and they're not even marked on the USGS maps I ordered. Sicily DZ I remember, of course, but Salerno, Holland, Nijmegan, and the others I'm drawing a blank on. <snip>If anybody out there can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Ok, being in a TSB has it's advantages;

I happen to have the west Bragg map on my desk. I can scan and send it to you tonight, but for right now I can email you the grids (UTM) to you for the DZs.

Muns (email is robert.munsey@us.army.mil )

pmulcahy 02-04-2003, 09:08 PM Originally posted by robert.munsey

You wrote;

<Snip> It's a little embarrassing, I can't remember which DZ's are which. The maps I've found so far on the web haven't been much help, and they're not even marked on the USGS maps I ordered. Sicily DZ I remember, of course, but Salerno, Holland, Nijmegan, and the others I'm drawing a blank on. <snip>If anybody out there can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Ok, being in a TSB has it's advantages;

I happen to have the west Bragg map on my desk. I can scan and send it to you tonight, but for right now I can email you the grids (UTM) to you for the DZs.

Muns (email is robert.munsey@us.army.mil )

Wow, I'm similarly embarrassed! But I think you have the major ones. There a lot of little ones that the 82nd doesn't normally drop into, the the SF guys used all the time; they might not even have names.