RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default OT : I WANT ONE..or more

General Pain 05-19-2008, 07:03 AM http://www.vodkakalashnikov.com/home.htm

pmulcahy 05-19-2008, 08:22 AM Being a teetotaler, the best I could do with that is use it for barter...or bash someone over the head...

TiggerCCW UK 05-19-2008, 09:54 AM I could see that being a relatively popular item in some of the bars here in Belfast.

General Pain 05-20-2008, 01:43 AM I could see that being a relatively popular item in some of the bars here in Belfast.

If I ever visit Belfast I will send you a pm and we'll have a drink

TiggerCCW UK 05-20-2008, 01:56 AM I don't drink, but if you're ever over this way I'll definitely meet up with you.

Targan 05-20-2008, 02:29 AM I don't drink, but if you're ever over this way I'll definitely meet up with you.

Wow, you must be REALLY thirsty by now.

TiggerCCW UK 05-20-2008, 03:37 AM Little pile of dust as we speak.

Pedantic!! I really meant that I no longer consume alcohol. The offer of a meeting stands for any forumites heading to NI anyway. Even pedants.

Targan 05-20-2008, 03:54 AM Oh don't you worry. I've had your standing offer in the back of my mind for a long time now. You can be absolutely certain that if I ever visit NI I'll be looking you up! And I really do want to visit Ireland, both flavours.

Headquarters 05-20-2008, 04:29 AM how is NI and Belfast in particular doing these days ?

I picture the news images of my childhood when I think of Belfast and see Tommies with their automatic rifles patroling , roadblocks with barbed wire and RUC trucks with wiremesh on the windows ,angry shouting mobs of blokes with hateful eyes and not to forget women wailing and crying outside a bombed out pub or a policebarrier in front of an assasination spot..

Hope things look differently?

General Pain 05-20-2008, 05:13 AM Wow, you must be REALLY thirsty by now.

this is the best comment I read for days.......

TiggerCCW UK 05-20-2008, 05:19 AM It was only ever certain areas that the troubles really affected over here. I've been near a few bombings but nothing major - they nail bombed a house 6 doors down the street from me and I slpet through it. It really didn't have that much of an influence on my life. My wife and I are a mixed marriage, I was born protestant, she was born catholic. The issue of sectarianism isn't something that I think about alot.

Since August last year the army are off the streets and the security policy is being normalised. Some police units are still using the armoured landrovers, but the majority now just use normal police cars. Still the odd bit of terrorism going on (a peeler was injured in a car bomb the other day) but mostly its all good.

At the end of the day things were never even close to being as bad as the media made out, so I don't the change to be as dramatic as its beong made out to be. Biggest problem now is that since the ceasefires and GFA house prices/mortgages have gone mental and salaries just haven't kept up.

Targan 05-20-2008, 05:28 AM Biggest problem now is that since the ceasefires and GFA house prices/mortgages have gone mental and salaries just haven't kept up.

I can totally relate to that. The Australian economy is going gangbusters at the moment, due mainly to Chinese demand for Australia's mineral resources. Western Australia, where I live, has enormous iron ore reserves and our mining sector is the powerhouse of the Australian economy at the moment. Inflation is high, house prices and rental rates are going through the roof and rich people are getting richer by the day. But down at my level my wages are creeping up real slow and no where near keeping up with the cost of living. So my lifestyle is going backwards. The system simply isn't fair. The stuff they are digging out of the ground and selling to China belongs to all Australians but I am seeing no benefit whatsoever, in fact it is making things worse for me. If this keeps up I'd be happy to see the whole economy collapse and have everybody back to square one again. I'll take my chances with the brute force and ignorance lifestyle. It would make me smile to crack open the head of some weak, formerly rich capitalist pig as I loot his once great palatial home.

pmulcahy 05-20-2008, 11:44 AM I don't drink, but if you're ever over this way I'll definitely meet up with you.

You can join me for a drink! I always keep tons of highly-caffeinated beverages in my house!

TiggerCCW UK 05-20-2008, 02:55 PM Caffeine is my new addiction.

TiggerCCW UK 05-20-2008, 05:20 PM Seriously - thats true. I essentially swapped my drink problem for way too much coffee. OTOH it seems to suit me better, it doesn't keep me awake. doesn't give me a hangover and I don't turn into an arsehole after six cups. Not a huge fan of red bull type drinks though, I just prefer ordinary coffee. Thats one thing I really would miss in a T2K world.

Hangfire7 05-20-2008, 06:58 PM Seriously - thats true. I essentially swapped my drink problem for way too much coffee. OTOH it seems to suit me better, it doesn't keep me awake. doesn't give me a hangover and I don't turn into an arsehole after six cups. Not a huge fan of red bull type drinks though, I just prefer ordinary coffee. Thats one thing I really would miss in a T2K world.

Well I still love my beer and my coffee! To bad the Cafbeerchino that was the beer of the Drew Carey Show doesn't exist! The best of both worlds!

As for a coffee addiction, just look up coffee substituites. Over the years when coffee could not be had people have used other items as substituites some of which are:

Burnt grain

Chicory

Accorns

The Survival FM, FM 76-35 I think, the one on Survival Escape and Evasion has a few other plants that have a decent caffeine content that can be substituited for coffee as well as a couple that have a nicotiene content that replace tobacco, every library should have one.