RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 05-18-2018, 07:23 PM

Yorktown was CG-48...GDW didn't correct the mistake in RDF Sourcebook. CG-42-46 were not used, though CGN-42 was an unbuilt Virginia class CGN with AEGIS, and canceled without being named or laid down.

There is a Challenge Magazine article which covers the New Jersey Coast, and it mentions two Forrest Sherman class DDs operating out of Cape May USCG base.

Old USMC Adage
Old 05-19-2018, 09:55 PM

Part of the treasure haul I'm slowly liberating from a comic/game store 'round these parts (I only have so much allowance per week ) includes a stack of Challenge magazines, which I may already have in .pdf format, I'll have to check. But if, unlike in the case of AD&D where Dragon (and Dungeon) magazines were decidedly not rules canon (until or unless they were made part of the rules by publication in an official rulebook vis Unearthed Arcana), Challenge is canon, then there might be a bolstering of US Naval strength noted in the magazine, with the 2 Forrest Sherman DDs in use being an example.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:50 AM

FYI per Marc Miller some of Challenge is canon - the articles written by GDW staff definitely were canon - but he said some of the material submitted by non-GDW wasnt unless a canon author later referred to it or used it
Old 05-21-2018, 09:00 AM

Well there's some good article-fodder right there: a definitive index of what T2k articles in Challenge are, in fact, canon.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
Well there's some good article-fodder right there: a definitive index of what T2k articles in Challenge are, in fact, canon.
agreed

although some are obvious - i.e. some of what went in Challenge eventually went into the V2 and V2.2 - i.e. most of the new vehicles for instance
Old 05-21-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
That was my position, then they countered with "We will move it around with tugs like the Wisla Krolowa, steam driven".

I have my hands full with these guys, all a bit too smart for their britches but at least they keep me on my toes.
Never underestimate PC's! Make them work to come up with the materials and skilled labor for the tugs! Make the amount needed unavailable, but reward them with a couple of tugs, barges.