RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2017, 11:20 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
I will attest from personal experience..... that style of stove is just garbage. It is all riveted together and you can't get in and clean it. Ours was so fouled that it barely produced a flame even after building a tripod and hoisting the can almost 8 feet off the ground.

The round "Yukon" stoves are far, far better. Honestly, the whole drip fuel thing was a pain in the ass and I blame the regulators dribbling out diesel fuel. Stoke a Yukon with wood or coal and they will glow a nice cherry red.

I would give them the round Yukon or one of these THESE three dog or four dog guide stoves with a baker and water boiler. Early teams would get the Yukon and 90's or later the civvie stove based on availability.

Seriously, if you see a round Yukon for sale somewhere; snatch that baby up.

The only thing the "New" stove comes with that is good... the thermo electric fan. Set that directly on the stove and it will begin circulating heat.

We are talking about the Morrow Project though...... So you have a lovely fusion powersource parked outside. A high output electric heater will do just fine without diesel, kerosene, or firewood needing collected. Won't smother you with carbon monoxide while your sleeping either.
Sorry to hear that, base on my personal experience that style of Yukon stove is great, I never used the fuel drip burner for it. I was shown how to set it up but we always used wood for the stove as you use the stove without the fuel drip burner. It also sounds like your equipment was not well maintained, I am also wondering where were you using it ? Most of the current 5 man and 10 arctic tents (10 man shown above) you wouldn’t even need a yukon stove. I slept in a tent like that with only a two burner Coleman stove and lantern for heat and light, plus with the heat of ten bodies and a proper sleeping bag most teams should ok for any winter environment. Mind you we had to take shift watching the stove all night.

The problem with a high output electric heater is the size you might have a hard time fitting in the tents pictured above

Old Tech high output electric heater: http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/hv...ctric-heater-3

Current Tech high output electric heater: http://www.worldmkting.com/heavy-dut...utility-heater

The Current tech would work fine, but early time might not have them (FYI you would a platform to prevent it from sinking in the snow) and you need a few grounded extension cords/power cables to run it from the any vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
I think you still want the wood burner as well. After all, you may have set up a base camp with your tents and then want to take the boys ice fishing out of the turret of the V-150. The folks at camp still need to stay warm.
I agree fuel is not an option that’s why all project vehicles run on a fusion power source. Wood should be ok to find in most temperate climates. Coal too might available from local sources

For Base Camps, I image the project would have some sort of portable fusion power source for running a small camp????

I would also like to add the Volvo BM Bv 202 and Bandvagn 206 (Bv 206) would great use to any team operating in a snow environment.