RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Could Taiwan get M-1s? It is under discussion now so it could be a possibility.

I can't believe Taiwan is not mentioned in either the V1 rules or the BYB. I thought I recalled Mainland China making peace with Taiwan after the first nukes were used (they did not need another front) but that might have been my own idea.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
In 1995-96 with war looming? Not likely.
Also Taiwan don't really need them in the T2K timeline - they've got this nice big "moat" around them and their only real enemy in the region is somewhat "distracted" by those pesky Ruskies!

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 10-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Banned

I could see Taiwan getting tanks in one scenario - i.e. they are on the way to China and the nukes hit (both China and South Korea) and the convoy or ships with them literally decides safest place in a storm is Taiwan and they never go further - or Taiwan after the strikes says sure US we will send you stuff for Korea but we want something in exchange (i.e. you need food, ammo, etc. but we get to keep the tanks in those ships that took shelter in our ports)
Old 10-10-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post

I can't believe Taiwan is not mentioned in either the V1 rules or the BYB. I thought I recalled Mainland China making peace with Taiwan after the first nukes were used (they did not need another front) but that might have been my own idea.
I don't think the US would be supplying anyone with M1's as they want them for their own forces. But other tanks certainly.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Banned

I know that China does have another armored vehicles manufacturer - but dont think they can make tanks - Shaanxi Baoji Special Vehicles Manufacturing - they are more wheeled vehicle manufacturers

As for Batou - I can see that factory not being in the path of the initial drive into China - it looked more like they were going for Manchuria and a direct path to Beijing - if they didnt go for it right off the bat you could see the Chinese putting everything they had to defend it - however it definitely would have been on the list of nuke sites for sure in 1997 - i.e. if the Soviets didnt take it out already you can count on it being a memory by the end of August 97