RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 08-03-2017, 01:23 PM

Default Ideas for my Morrow campaigns

I am now prepping 2 Morrow games with a bit of a twist:

1) Some years ago I ran a Morrow project game but started with the characters being approached/headhunted by Morrow Industries, following through with the offer to join the Project (role playing interviews etc), and their subsequent induction and training . we ended with them being frozen (as a 1 month test freeze), took a break from playing for a week (made the players more anxious lol). Then resumed where most Morrow project games began, with them waking up sometime in the future.
Since they had lived their characters daily lives in our present, it was fresh in their minds, they were already used to having a "normal" life, and even though they had been trained for what was to come, it was a bigger shock waking in the future instead of 1 month later.
Their characters were angry, confused and a little messed up hehe.
They were also concerned about what happened to their families/spouses etc - MI had promised they would be taken care of as part of the inducement package.

2) The player characters will be government investigators trying to uncover the Morrow Project.

With #2, I am aiming to eventually have the agents induced to join the project - there are various ways (other than force) of achieving this:
Since the characters will undoubtedly be in possession of skills/talents/information the Project could use, it might make sense that the Project try and recruit the agents using whatever means necessary - With Morrow Industries advanced medical and care skills, a terminally ill/disabled spouse/child/partner could be cured as an inducement to a character, for example.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:33 PM

Game #1 in more detail.

Intention:
1) Start the game in the present day BEFORE The End Of The World.
2) Create characters suitable for the Morrow PROJECT in session zero.
3) Create several handouts for the players:
a) Personal invitation to Morrow Industries Recruitment Fair/open day/some sponsored event of interest to the player characters.
b) Morrow Industries brochure - who Morrow INDUSTRIES is, their business partners, their goals etc..
c) Travel documents (a Morrow Industries Lear jet will collect them at their nearest airport or 1st class air tickets supplied etc).

[The intention is to mail- yes MAIL these printed documents to the players after character generation but before session 1 starts-as a nice attention
grabber.]

4) Role playing characters from the initial approach by Morrow Industries, through to cryogenic suspension, then into the game proper.
The idea of the recruitment fair/seminar etc is a cover so that the new candidates for Morrow PROJECT can be interviewed "in plain sight" whilst real interviews for Morrow Industries job candidates goes on in the background.

This will be to introduce them to Morrow INDUSTRIES, and go through something like the recruitment section from v4 rules, pp10-15, the "The Offer" & "Graduation Day" pp21+

Once orientation is complete, security/background/health checks finalised etc, and all legal forms signed, they will be introduced to the Morrow Project and its real goals.

They will follow Morrow PROJECT orientation, training and testing (involving skill rolls to allow the players to familiarise themselves with their characters abilities).

* Maybe one or more of the characters could be approached by the Feds to spy on the project for them.

What I need to prepare:
Handouts -
invitation letter
Morrow Industries stationary/letterhead
Morrow Industries Brochure
This will be the usual style of corporate "this is who we are, this is what we do" brochure. I thought to incorporate partner company logos like the ones used on the site linked to in Matt W's "front companies" thread here: http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=5454

[a promo video would be even better - lol]

I tweeted Timeline Ltd regarding any "offical" Morrow Industries Corporate styling etc, but none had been created - never been needed before. They did mention that a design for the company logo had been mooted, probably featuring a globe since MI is a global endeavour.

Since I have too much time on my hands, as well as floor plans I am currently building a 3d model of a suitable office complex/conference building just for the hell of it, as well as a few boltholes etc. Just because I can lol.

So for all of this I am looking for ideas for Corporate Colours for Morrow Industries, and a logo, and maybe a "catchy slogan" "Building a better
toMorrow" etc.
Also the names of whatever fonts are used in published rule books etc in Morrow Documents. I found one called Acens.ttf which is a non-bold version of "The Morrow Project" title text on v1/2 of the rules.

For the logo I was thinking of a globe, with hands holding it protectively. Cliche I know but what the hell.

Any ideas guys? Shall we create Morrow Industries?
Old 08-05-2017, 01:36 PM

There are a few logos here that could be customised

http://www.logologo.com/logos.php?cat=globe-logos

Suggested slogan: "People first". Colours: red, blue, green, gold

I'll try to think up some catchy details on the "Armed Humanitarian" side of the business....

I don't know the name of the font but it's obviously two-column sans-serif justified.

Last edited by Matt W; 08-05-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Internet Intellectual

The Seven Basic Plots are the basics of plot-writing.

Overcoming the Monster

The protagonist sets out to defeat an antagonistic force (often evil) which threatens the protagonist and/or protagonist's homeland.

Examples: Perseus, Theseus, Beowulf, Dracula, The War of the Worlds, Nicholas Nickleby, The Guns of Navarone, Seven Samurai and its Western-style remake The Magnificent Seven, the James Bond franchise, Star Wars: A New Hope, Halloween, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Attack on Titan, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and Shrek.[2]

Rags to Riches

The poor protagonist acquires things such as power, wealth, and a mate, before losing it all and gaining it back upon growing as a person.

Examples: Cinderella, Aladdin, Jane Eyre, A Little Princess, Great Expectations, David Copperfield, The Prince and the Pauper, Brewster's Millions.[2]

The Quest

The protagonist and some companions set out to acquire an important object or to get to a location, facing many obstacles and temptations along the way.

Examples: Iliad, The Pilgrim’s Progress, King Solomon's Mines, Watership Down,[2] The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, The Land Before Time, One Piece, the Indiana Jones franchise, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle

Voyage and Return

The protagonist goes to a strange land and, after overcoming the threats it poses to him or her, returns with experience.

Examples: Odyssey, Ramayana, Alice in Wonderland, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Orpheus, The Time Machine, Peter Rabbit, The Hobbit, Mad Max: Fury Road, Brideshead Revisited, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Gone with the Wind, The Third Man,[2] Chronicles of Narnia, Apollo 13, Labyrinth, Finding Nemo, Gulliver's Travels, Spirited Away, Uncharted, The Wizard of Oz

Comedy

Light and humorous character with a happy or cheerful ending; a dramatic work in which the central motif is the triumph over adverse circumstance, resulting in a successful or happy conclusion.[3] Booker makes sure to stress that comedy is more than humor. It refers to a pattern where the conflict becomes more and more confusing, but is at last made plain in a single clarifying event. Most romances fall into this category.

Examples: A Midsummer Night's Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, Twelfth Night, Bridget Jones's Diary, Music and Lyrics, Sliding Doors, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Mr. Bean

Tragedy

The protagonist is a hero with one major character flaw or great mistake which is ultimately their undoing. Their unfortunate end evokes pity at their folly and the fall of a fundamentally 'good' character.

Examples: Macbeth, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Carmen, Bonnie and Clyde, Jules et Jim, Anna Karenina, Madame Bovary, John Dillinger, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar,[2] Death Note, Breaking Bad, Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry, Hamlet, Beowulf

Rebirth

During the course of the story, an important event forces the main character to change their ways, often making them a better person.

Examples: The Frog Prince, Beauty and the Beast, The Snow Queen, A Christmas Carol, The Secret Garden, Peer Gynt,[2] Life Is a Dream, Despicable Me, Machine Gun Preacher, Megamind, How the Grinch Stole Christmas