RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 PM

Default Origins?

So, anyone going to be at the Origins game convention in Columbus, OH this year? I'll be there. Let me know if you are, we can hook up and say hi, put a face to a nickname
Old 05-22-2010, 09:04 PM

I am. Have you noticed there will be a v1 T2k game? 4 slots, I am making sure to get to one of them. I've met the GM.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Lee View Post
I am. Have you noticed there will be a v1 T2k game? 4 slots, I am making sure to get to one of them. I've met the GM.
Yeah, saw that!

What I haven't figured out yet, is - how do you sign up for events?! They have the .xls spreadsheets, but how do I 'book' an event?
Old 05-23-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavtroop View Post
Yeah, saw that!

What I haven't figured out yet, is - how do you sign up for events?! They have the .xls spreadsheets, but how do I 'book' an event?
AFAIK, you can't yet. It's not ready-- their website (as usual) leaves a LOT to be desired. Gencon is a whole month later, but event registration is up for that already. Or so I'm told, I'm not going there this year.

BTW, I'm holding out hope for the Saturday night T2k slot. Lots to do and see, as usual.

Lee.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
AFAIK, you can't yet. It's not ready-- their website (as usual) leaves a LOT to be desired. Gencon is a whole month later, but event registration is up for that already. Or so I'm told, I'm not going there this year.

BTW, I'm holding out hope for the Saturday night T2k slot. Lots to do and see, as usual.

Lee.
Ah, that's what I thought. Should have gone to GENCON instead, but Origins is a little closer (the drive from Boston isn't nearly as bad!)

See you there!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:12 PM

It just got better (for me, anyway). One of my middle & high school buds, also one of my first players in T2k back in the day, will be able to make it to Origins from MD this year! I've told him about the Saturday slot.

Origins announced today that registration will be staggered over the last half of this week-- RPGs open on Wednesday, I think.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
It just got better (for me, anyway). One of my middle & high school buds, also one of my first players in T2k back in the day, will be able to make it to Origins from MD this year! I've told him about the Saturday slot.

Origins announced today that registration will be staggered over the last half of this week-- RPGs open on Wednesday, I think.
yeah, just got that email, FINALLY Which Sat game are you going for, the v1?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavtroop View Post
yeah, just got that email, FINALLY Which Sat game are you going for, the v1?
AFAIK, there is only the one v1 game, repeated 4 times?

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean-- the 7pm game for me.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:04 PM

I made it to the game I mentioned, it was a lot of fun, even if we looked like s***.

The GM ran 4 slots, each with 8-10 people at the table. He said the universal reaction was "Man, I haven't played this in years!" He had to turn away two people at the Saturday night slot, after seating 10 at two tables.

The scenario was a US supply convoy in 1999, heading to the US forces in southeast Germany. We got ambushed on the road, and the firefight there was the main event. Our group suffered from hilarious commo difficulties, enhanced by making sure that the Lt. was not one of the ex-military players, but the 1st sergeant was.

I was driving for the Top in the lead vehicle, a sort-of armored Hummer. Top kept telling me to stop (in the kill zone?) while he suppressed the bad guys with the Mark-19. I drove ahead a little more each time I got shot. The LT called arty down, which fell on us, of course. End result: No dead PCs, one dead NPC, lots of wounded & dead East Germans, one truck fried. Supplies delivered eventually. Top wants to kick my character's ass. That must have been why he was still an E-4.

The GM is local to me, and at least a few others told him they want to play again sometime. Here's hoping!

Cavtroop, did you make it?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I made it to the game I mentioned, it was a lot of fun, even if we looked like s***.

The GM ran 4 slots, each with 8-10 people at the table. He said the universal reaction was "Man, I haven't played this in years!" He had to turn away two people at the Saturday night slot, after seating 10 at two tables.

The scenario was a US supply convoy in 1999, heading to the US forces in southeast Germany. We got ambushed on the road, and the firefight there was the main event. Our group suffered from hilarious commo difficulties, enhanced by making sure that the Lt. was not one of the ex-military players, but the 1st sergeant was.

I was driving for the Top in the lead vehicle, a sort-of armored Hummer. Top kept telling me to stop (in the kill zone?) while he suppressed the bad guys with the Mark-19. I drove ahead a little more each time I got shot. The LT called arty down, which fell on us, of course. End result: No dead PCs, one dead NPC, lots of wounded & dead East Germans, one truck fried. Supplies delivered eventually. Top wants to kick my character's ass. That must have been why he was still an E-4.

The GM is local to me, and at least a few others told him they want to play again sometime. Here's hoping!

Cavtroop, did you make it?
yeah, sure did. Played the Friday night version, probably the one you are talking about where the PLT was the ex-mil (though, I'm not sure I beleive him), and the LT had no military experience.

Hit the ambush zone, and the decision was made to exit the AO ASAP. The GM neglected to tell us about the arty support until about 1/2 way through, so we went without. We lost one truck (insignifacnt, only NPC's and low-value stuff on board) when the driver got shot, and it flipped over. The convoy got split in half a bit, with my PC (the one-legged 11B) taking over the first half. Shot a few with the M21 on the way through, then headed into the woods.

had a 2nd firefight in a small clearing in the woods - we tried to run through it, and would have made it if we kept the pedal to the medal, but we didn't. Good firefight, lost the PLT with a massive sucking chest wound, but dropped about 6 more enemies.

Good times, but a bit disorganized. Had some...interesting...people in at the table, too. Forgot how simple 1st edition was, and also how stupid the burst fire thing was
Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 AM

The GM told us about most of the groups, so I think I recognize yours as the one that went down the side trail.

Burst fire thing?

I've been re-reading rules since then, and found something small that I liked better in 2nd ed. Our medic player was pretty bored the whole night; first aid in 1st ed. doesn't do anything, and the badniks never got close enough for her to engage with a pistol. It didn't help that she was in the half of the convoy that shot its way out of the kill zone (to the rear) early on.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:02 PM

Hi, thought I would resurrect this thread for the 2011 convention. Anyone here going?

There are 2 T2k1 games scheduled, 3 slots each. I'm scheduled into one of each.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Default Arise, thread, arise!

Origins Game Fair is May 30-June 3 this year, and there will be 3 T2k games, 2 slots each. I'm running one myself, Roman's got the other two. All will be v1 rules.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Activist Rules Lawyer

Quote:
Origins Game Fair is May 30-June 3 this year, and there will be 3 T2k games, 2 slots each. I'm running one myself, Roman's got the other two. All will be v1 rules.

cool, good luck and we all know you will represent
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 PM

Default Indeed running 2 sets of 3 games at Origins 2012

Yup....
3 games of players as Soviet Para's in 1997 in Germany.
3 games of US players in Korea in 1997 or 8