RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2024, 09:33 PM

Default Places to find games

Hello there. It's my first time posting here. I'm returning to the system from a couple year break and was wondering where some good places to find some games online would be. I have looked on Roll20 and the LFG subreddit but haven't found any. I do apologize if this is not the correct place for this post. Thanks, Fragg
Old 05-13-2024, 05:23 PM

You are looking in the same places I did. Though I did get kind of lucky. I found a guy that was going to run a game. We got through session zero and session one. Before session two he said something along the lines of, "You know, I am not feeling it. I'm done."

So while I was disappointed, looking forward to being a player rather than running the game again, I offered to run a game for those who still wanted to play. I still have two of the players and we have been going for about three years now. So yeah, I got kind of lucky.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:18 PM

That was literally the same exact thing that happened to me and my first and only group. We where playing the riverton module and managed to kill the imps, take over the base and had just introduced ourselves to the next town over and then the next thing I know the Discord server was deleted and I never heard anything about it again.

I do wish there was a central place it would be easier to find games that's what this post was to see if there was something like that. But I'll keep looking.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:54 PM

Can you arrange/find people here but I assume you need a forum in which to run the game. Am I correct?
Old 05-14-2024, 07:24 PM

Looking for players here is probably ok. But unless you want to run a text-based, BBS style game (showing my age here), you would want to run the game with a VTT of some kind (Roll20, Fantasy Grounds Foundry VTT) and a good, stable voice system (Discord, Microsoft Teams, Zoom).