RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default How to Make War by James Dunnigan

copeab 03-26-2006, 10:57 PM Most of you are probably familiar with this book, but for those who aren't, it's a nice resource for us non-military types and for military campaigns (in this regard, the 3rd edition, from the early 90's, is more useful for T2K than the latest edition).

Brandon

FightingFlamingo 03-28-2006, 10:32 AM This Book has been a Bible for me for about 15 years... I use it for Wargaming/primarily... but it has proven invaluble for me... It was also quite useful in college too... to bad I can't work in the field I paid so much to be educated in...

Targan 03-28-2006, 11:01 AM ... too bad I can't work in the field I paid so much to be educated in...What field was that?

copeab 03-28-2006, 11:20 AM This Book has been a Bible for me for about 15 years... I use it for Wargaming/primarily... but it has proven invaluble for me... It was also quite useful in college too... to bad I can't work in the field I paid so much to be educated in...

I have two other Dunnigan books (with co-author A. A. Nofi), Dirty Little Secrets and Dirty Little Secrets of WWII. Both are great reads, although the first only has some use for T2K and the second almost none.

One of the more useful parts of the book (3rd edition) for T2K players/refs are the charts on the militaries of the world circa 1995.

Brandon

FightingFlamingo 03-28-2006, 11:43 AM National Securities Studies.... but then I married a Polish national... turns out her father needed a bigger apartment and well... I can't work in the field... outside of the military... and a bunch of doors closed for me there as well...

I keep telling myself she's worth it...

Tags
books