RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Langham View Post
Updated version adding sniper rifles, a note about SF rifles and a few minor edits.
L96 originally was fitted with a 6x S&B scope, but was upgraded to a 3.5-12x50 S&B scope with SIMRAD Image Intensifier night vision capability.
L118 is an SF only weapon, with the ability to swap to a suppressed barrel and 6x S&B scope and SIMRAD II.

1991 .50" M82 Barrets also became SF sniper rifles with a 12x scope. Originally these were EOD weapons, but were never cleared for non SF use after CHS issues. The Accuracy International AW 50 Bolt action .50 Sniper rifles replaced the M82's in EOD units and in small numbers came into SF service.

HK G3K's and Stoner AR18's were also used by SF units.
Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket, and Hitler’s Reich crumbled in blood and rubble. The warriors of the Armageddon do battle amid the landscapes of hell, now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
quality stuff.

Cool pics too. would have taken a fairbit of google fu to aquire I imagine.
Some are real nightmares - the AR18 used by 10 Para trooper was a Godsend though.

Average pic takes about 5 min.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
L96 originally was fitted with a 6x S&B scope, but was upgraded to a 3.5-12x50 S&B scope with SIMRAD Image Intensifier night vision capability.
L118 is an SF only weapon, with the ability to swap to a suppressed barrel and 6x S&B scope and SIMRAD II.

1991 .50" M82 Barrets also became SF sniper rifles with a 12x scope. Originally these were EOD weapons, but were never cleared for non SF use after CHS issues. The Accuracy International AW 50 Bolt action .50 Sniper rifles replaced the M82's in EOD units and in small numbers came into SF service.

HK G3K's and Stoner AR18's were also used by SF units.

Thanks,

I'm generally staying clear of SF kit for now. Do you have in service date of the L96 upgraded scope.

Interested to see AR18 as an SF weapon - do you have a source for that - the only UK reference I have found is the one used by NITATT (plus those in museums after tours of Ireland...).
Old 12-31-2011, 07:45 AM

Default Next version

Expanded version. Can anyone see anything I need to add (other than SF kit)?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf British small arms 31-12-11.pdf (474.6 KB, 142 views)
Old 03-24-2012, 04:35 PM

Default Updated version

I've now added the fictional L85A3 and Sterling 5.56 plus a few other minor edits.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2012-03-24 British Army Small Arms.pdf (301.6 KB, 175 views)
Old 03-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Great work as always, James. The document needs some additional sub-editing, there are a few minor spelling mistakes and missing parentheses) and a line of text is obscured by the top of a photo on page 5. Not really a criticism, just letting you know.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Upgraded version with stats and in the style of the similar Warsaw Pact Guide. Sorry about the low res but it's right at the limit of the site upload limit. I am building a new web site that will have higher res versions. Next guide is planned to be German weapons.

Would it be useful if I added hand held AT weapons?

Any other comments or suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf British Army Small Arms 2012-06-07 (low res).pdf (484.6 KB, 141 views)
Old 06-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered Kraut

Quote:
Next guide is planned to be German weapons.

Would it be useful if I added hand held AT weapons?
On the German Weapons Guide? Some AT weapons are missing in the rules, so I'd love to see them. I would like to lend a helping hand on the German stuff, if you're okay with that, James.

"IT'S A FREAKIN GAME, PEOPLE!"; Weswood, 5-12-2012
Old 06-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Administrator

I'd like to see more on the modern German panzerfaust AT weapon. It's sadly absent from nearly all of my weapon books. I'm sure there's stuff out there on the interweb I could find, but I like it better when James does it.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, the gear-book, Baltic Boats, and the co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/...-waters-module
Old 06-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Minor nit: In the AK section you have a L47A1. In the Walther Section, you also have a L47A1. Was it possible for the British System to have two items with the same ID number?

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Registered Kraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I'd like to see more on the modern German panzerfaust AT weapon. It's sadly absent from nearly all of my weapon books. I'm sure there's stuff out there on the interweb I could find, but I like it better when James does it.
Game's data is on Paul's site (Rocket Launchers - German). The older Panzerfaust (It was called the "leichte PzFst" in German service, Paul has it under "Panzerfaust 44-2A1") and the Panzerfaust 3 are both presented.

Last edited by B.T.; 06-09-2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Adding detail
Old 06-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Al View Post
Minor nit: In the AK section you have a L47A1. In the Walther Section, you also have a L47A1. Was it possible for the British System to have two items with the same ID number?
Actually that is entirely possible as technically they should be called the Rifle, L47A1 and Pistol, L47A1. As nobody ever uses the L series numbers when describing the weapons this is no problem e.g. the L1A1 is ALWAYS the SLR and the L2A3 is the SMG (formal) or Sterling (more common).
Old 06-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Quote:
Actually that is entirely possible as technically they should be called the Rifle, L47A1 and Pistol, L47A1. As nobody ever uses the L series numbers when describing the weapons this is no problem e.g. the L1A1 is ALWAYS the SLR and the L2A3 is the SMG (formal) or Sterling (more common).
Beauty. Was wondering so I thought I would point it out.

Otherwise, really good. I love that you covered the official acceptance of the fact that the AK would see service in some form or another.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Al View Post
Beauty. Was wondering so I thought I would point it out.

Otherwise, really good. I love that you covered the official acceptance of the fact that the AK would see service in some form or another.
Will put a note in the next rewrite, comparing to US use of M series codes.

It seems logical to use it as so many would be captured and I can't see weapon production keeping pace. Plus I have so many useful photos with squaddies with AKs.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:32 AM

Cracking job James...I like the sidebars with the quotes - really bring it to life. Was Staff Sergeant Nancy Aird RMP married to a Fusilier called Paddy by any chance?

Very minor point re: the photos...in the section on the SLR the picture is captioned as showing a member of 5/8 Queens Regt - should that be 5/8 Kings Regt?
Old 06-10-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Cracking job James...I like the sidebars with the quotes - really bring it to life. Was Staff Sergeant Nancy Aird RMP married to a Fusilier called Paddy by any chance?

Very minor point re: the photos...in the section on the SLR the picture is captioned as showing a member of 5/8 Queens Regt - should that be 5/8 Kings Regt?
There are a few in jokes, quite probably she was.

It should be Kings - will correct.

Can anyone see anything to add? So far I have M72, LAW80 and Carl Gustav plus the rifle grenades. Oh and the kukri.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Can anyone see anything to add? So far I have M72, LAW80 and Carl Gustav plus the rifle grenades. Oh and the kukri.
How about rubber bullets? (Not sure if that comes under the rifle grenade category?)
Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
How about rubber bullets? (Not sure if that comes under the rifle grenade category?)
Please, this topic has driven me quite insane already. And I already have a head start...

This is probably not as hard as trying to simulate chokes (as on shotguns), but nonlethal rounds still drives me nuts.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 06-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Registered Kraut

Quote:
Hi James,
maybe some words on the MILAN are justified.

And speaking of the kukri - what a bout the "MOD 4". Maybe not a real beauty, but scary as hell. From all I've read about that "survival knife", it may be really hard to slice bread with it, but an ideal tool, if you don't have a crowbar with you

Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Internet Intellectual

According to the "Small Arms Identifications Series, .303 Marks I & II" by Ian Skennerton.

With the adoption of the 7.62N in December 1953 some were converted to the new round and the "L" series nomenclature.

.303 No. 4 Mark 2 L8A1
.303 No. 4 Mark 1/2 L8A2
.303 No. 4 Mark 1/3 L8A3
.303 No. 4 Mark 1 L8A4
.303 No. 4 Mark 1* L8A5

With the intention of issue to Police and Security Forces. This conversion was done by Sterling as well as a commercially available conversion kit for .303 to 7.62N.