RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 04-21-2017, 05:16 AM

Default UK recovery and Salvage Teams

A UK based organisation which is aimed at recovering cultural treasures (thought I had posted this before but couldn't find it).

If you think of the film "Monuments Men" you will get a few good ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Recovery and Salvage Teams.pdf (804.8 KB, 88 views)
Old 04-21-2017, 11:46 AM

Another fine piece from the master of all things Anglo in t2k.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:29 PM

Bravo, very nice. I particularly liked the future PM, with a writing career in the interim.

The only things I would consider adding is in the Character Creation appendix for V2, consider adding to the list of subsequent skills...
  • Civil Engineering, used for dealing with ruined buildings (how likely is it that this heap will collapse; what route do we pick so its least likely to collapse; what do we have to prop up/ move in order to get through here, etc).
  • Climbing, used for safely clambering up or down as needed.
Also, if you wish, I can show you how to put a little more space between the sidebars & pictures and the text (or you can send me the file for a formatting upgrade).

Uncle Ted
Old 04-21-2017, 01:57 PM

Bravo, very nice. I particularly liked the future PM, with a writing career in the interim.

The only things I would consider adding is in the Character Creation appendix for V2, consider adding to the list of subsequent skills...
  • Civil Engineering, used for dealing with ruined buildings (how likely is it that this heap will collapse; what route do we pick so its least likely to collapse; what do we have to prop up/ move in order to get through here, etc).
Also, if you wish, I can show you how to put a little more space between the sidebars & pictures and the text (or you can send me the file for a formatting upgrade).

Uncle Ted
Old 04-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Banned

You could also see these teams used for a UK version of Operation Harvester that is going on in Africa - to recover things that the UK government needs for its military and to get industrial production going again - i.e. combing thru a destroyed factory deep in the lawless areas for stuff like tools, dies, working computers, copies of plans and schematics, etc..
Old 04-21-2017, 05:59 PM

Proofreading scan at my nitpicky worst:

Page 2: "The Magna Carter “burnt copy”" - should be Carta
Page 2: "Initially the finds were aimed at recovering items on an urgent need basis but by mid 2000, teams were starting to be tasked with recovering important culteral items" - should be cultural
Page 3: "although teams had the authority to change their area of operations if they are following up on rumors" - it's possible this is a difference in dialect, but to me the tenses would match up better with "were" (to match "had") instead of "are"
Page 4: "Margaret Gardner the future government minister served in RSA Team 22 from 2005 until it was disbanded." - this would read better either with commas after Gardner and minister ("Margaret Gardner, the future government minister, served") or with the descriptive clause at the front ("Future government minister Margaret Gardner served")
Page 5: "In a number of firefights he lost most of his team but kept the
speznatz team in contact until help arrived three days later." - spetsnaz

On page 6, references to Rifle and Pistol should be Small Arms (Rifle) and Small Arms (Pistol). Wheeled Vehicle should be Ground Vehicle (Wheeled).

Personal opinion - I think Persuasion might fit the v2 skill list better than Interrogation. The skill description for Interrogation is persuading or forcing prisoners to cooperate, while Persuasion seems like a better fit for dealing with civilians.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkated View Post

Uncle Ted
In addition to these, I'd add:

Demolitions: because many valuable things will probably be stored in vaults warped by explosion or fire. You will have to open these by force.

Navigation & Map Making: because you will need to locate the items you're searching for AND record where you searched to prevent "duplication of resources" in a given area. This was actually one of the most difficult issues during the search and recovery operations at the Towers. The terrain was COMPLETELY UNRECOGNIZABLE to rescuers looking for key features like gas lines and basement entries until an engineering firm "overlayed" original building blueprints over photos of the destruction and "gridded them off." The rescuers could then "pace off" through the wreckage to find key points.

Otherwise, your usual good work Sir.