RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Since RPGHOST is closing...

smokewolf 09-09-2008, 06:48 AM I just want to welcome everyone over to the 93 Games Studio Forums.

The site isn't just about T2K13, I do have a thread dedicated solely to versions 1 and 2.

Twilight: 2000 Forum - http://93gamesstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Club Post-Apocalypso - http://93gamesstudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

I'd also be willing to create other forums if anyone has any special requests. Just let me know what you guys want and I'll do my best to make it happen.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Default Keeping us in sync with rpghost

GOF 09-13-2008, 12:09 AM While I appreciate your offer, I just dont feel the same kinda vibe at the 93 site as I do here, one of the guys on the developers staff in particular seems to be out of touch with the twilight crowd. To be more specific I remember a post by one of the developers who said something like, "I think many of the old school twilighters are tabletop wargamers so they like the combat stuff but arent so into the rp stuff so they are putting a downer on this version"

Now while I am probbably guilty of misquoting, the basics are I think that he thought many of us were wargamers and not RPG'ers and diodnt get into the RP thing. I think he's wrong and misunderstands that many of us have seen twilight as the first Cold War RPG or the first modern RPG we got into.

we aint wargamers, just people who see an RPG that refelcts our thoughts and fears for a time we lived in. We are not all a bunch of rules layer wargamers but a group of people who comprise a collection ofg people who lived through the Cold War and its end

We have seen earlier promises of a twilight rerelease that ended in nothing (tantalus) and I think we are all a bit wary of jumping fully into believing that someone is releasing more Twilight

No offense meant but until I see some product, I aint just gonna jump ship to 93

Old 09-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Administrator

thefusilier 09-13-2008, 04:06 AM Got a similar sense myself, thats why I'd rather Kato's or Antenna's.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Targan 09-13-2008, 02:27 PM There have been many previews issued by the developers of some aspects of what the Twilight:2013 rules system will look like and I've been fairly impressed. It looks like it will be an improvement over V1, V2 and 2.2. The time the new game is set and the backstory may not be to everyone's liking but it would be extremely easy to use the new rules system to run a campaign set in the T2K timeline. The new rules are only weeks or possibly days away from being available to buy.

Aside from all that the 93 Games forums have heaps of posters, there has been a dedicated T2K section of the forums since they were started for the development of T:2013 and the administrators, mods and developers are for the most part great fans of and or players and GMs of the original T2K. I wouldn't get too upset at an opinion by a single developer that most original T2Kers are closet wargamers. Its just the opinon of one man.

Raellus 09-13-2008, 04:38 PM I've registered over at 93 Games. Seems like only a few of us have, so far. There's not much traffic at the moment but that's up to us to change.

Smokewolf has been really accomodating. It's a nice site. I hope it can work for us.

Seriously, if all of us from here migrate over there, we can keep a similar vide AND perhaps attract some new blood.

I'd really hate to see a schism in the T2K community.

smokewolf 09-13-2008, 08:00 PM I'd really hate to see a schism in the T2K community.

And there doesn't need to be. I'm not asking people to take sides and choose 1 over another. Hell I visit the other sites. Their good. Everyone should. Limiting ones choices only hurts oneself. I'm merely offering a place for people to come and do as they will (within legel limits ).

This interweb thingy is big enough for everyone.