RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
and since the East Africa/Kenya Sourcebook is canon that means that its canon that at least some of the big bombers are still operational and flying - its a small force in Africa but they are there and still operational - from the Sourcebook:

917th Operations Group
· 93rd Consolidated Bomb Squadron
o Manpower: 180 men
o Aircraft: four B-52H, two B-52G, three B-1B

This squadron, the last one operational outside the United States, was formed from the survivors of the squadrons that were based at Diego Garcia.

and they even have a few nukes left if the Soviets go nuclear again - four AGM-86B cruise missiles, eight B61 and three B83 nuclear bombs.
My old USAFR unit!!!
Proper designation would be 917th Wing. The 93rd BS and 45th FS (A-10s) were part of the Wing in the 90s. We had 6xB-52s nominally assigned operated by the wing. In practice, the B-52s were actually shared with the 2nd Bomb Wing.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
My old USAFR unit!!!
Proper designation would be 917th Wing. The 93rd BS and 45th FS (A-10s) were part of the Wing in the 90s. We had 6xB-52s nominally assigned operated by the wing. In practice, the B-52s were actually shared with the 2nd Bomb Wing.
So would you have actually been on duty at that time with the wing? If so well now you know where you would be in the canon.

I had all the bombers placed in one squadron to be able to consolidate all remaining maintenance and support members along with the pilots and crew members in one squadron- you are looking at the remnants of several squadrons with the mix of aircraft.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:04 PM

I was active duty till 1990 and got out to go to law school.

With war looming in 1995, i'ld likely tried to get into the Army. I was a bit bitter over my experiences in SAC and would have avoided going to SAC at all costs. I'ld likely been coded as a SAC asset and would have likely ended up in SAC again if activated or went into the USAF, so Army or Navy likely. Definitely subject to recall, so I'ld joined something rather than going back into SAC. Always like the Rangers or Green Berets! lol Can see myself ending up in the 256th. Probably in the organic cavalry troop.

If were in the USAFR, I was a Logistic Readiness Officer - Transportation. Had a lot of air cargo experience. Was stationed at Kunsan AB for 18 months. The 917th was closest Reserve unit. So assuming ended up in the USAFR, I would have been in the 917th Logistic Support Squadron. Puts me in Africa under your canon.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Banned

Not just my canon. Keep in mind that the new releases are all authorized by Marc Miller who owns the game and the rights to the canon.

Thats why we had to run it all thru him and why they were released by him at drivethrurpg.com - neither Raellus or I released them ourselves.

As for where you would be - hey Kenya is pretty good duty compared to a lot of places in the canon - at the least you can still get decent coffee.