RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Realtime Handheld Speech-to-Speech Translator (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=808)

General Pain 05-23-2009 03:41 AM

Realtime Handheld Speech-to-Speech Translator
 
I saw an episode of CSI:NY where the police had a handheld unit that translated serbo-to-english in realtime. Anyone got any info about these units? I'd guess with the right software any language could be possible

kato13 05-23-2009 04:04 AM

IBM's MASTOR software on ruggedized pdas were deployed to Iraq a couple years ago. I have not been able to find any specifics or a summary of it's success rate, but the technology is getting better every year.

General Pain 05-23-2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kato13
IBM's MASTOR software on ruggedized pdas were deployed to Iraq a couple years ago. I have not been able to find any specifics or a summary of it's success rate, but the technology is getting better every year.

here is another solution
http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/a...lator-for-499/

pmulcahy11b 05-23-2009 02:02 PM

Ensign Hoshi's got some competition...250 years before she's even born.

Littlearmies 05-27-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
Ensign Hoshi's got some competition...250 years before she's even born.

But given the choice between Ensign Hoshi and a PDA I know which I'd rather have....

pmulcahy11b 05-27-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlearmies
But given the choice between Ensign Hoshi and a PDA I know which I'd rather have....

You mean I can't have both?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.