RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rules - Loss of limbs etc (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=796)

General Pain 05-21-2009 10:18 AM

Rules - Loss of limbs etc

anyone have some rules for this...

los of arm - minus AG/STR
los of eye - - observation agility etc
loss of leg - half movement or..

just wondered if anyone had a list of results/stats

leonpoi 05-21-2009 03:41 PM

I use something pretty quick and simple, written in the margins of my tw2000 book. They can be inflicted on a serious or critical injury (so 2000 v2.2 not 2013):

Serious, Average CON test or potentially suffer an injury
Critical, Difficult CON test or potentially suffer an injury

if injury, roll 1d6, add +1 for Critical injury:

I then have a table of location vs numbers 1-7 which you read off to determine what injury you get, ranging from bad wounds that take twice as long to heal, impaired or missing limbs or lost eyes etc. If the table indicates that you will have lost something a surgeon using the surgery rules can reduce or eliminate the effects.
Penalties from the injuries include things like -1 STR, AGL, CON, 1/2 movement, +1 difficulty to hearing or vision based tests etc.

This isn't comprehensive, but you might get the idea.

natehale1971 05-21-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonpoi
I use something pretty quick and simple, written in the margins of my tw2000 book. They can be inflicted on a serious or critical injury (so 2000 v2.2 not 2013):

I then have a table of location vs numbers 1-7 which you read off to determine what injury you get, ranging from bad wounds that take twice as long to heal, impaired or missing limbs or lost eyes etc. If the table indicates that you will have lost something a surgeon using the surgery rules can reduce or eliminate the effects.
Penalties from the injuries include things like -1 STR, AGL, CON, 1/2 movement, +1 difficulty to hearing or vision based tests etc.

if you can get ahold of Freedom Fighters (i have it on PDF if anyone wants to check it out before buying their own copy)... it's got alot of rules that might help make gaming such injuries as being more 'realistic'

General Pain 05-22-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonpoi

I was looking more for permanet results...