RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Administration Status. (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=6116)

kato13 07-17-2020 04:13 PM

Administration Status.

All,

I have been a absent administrator for nearly a year, and that absence will probably continue. A small explanation my girlfriend of 13 years passed last year after 3 year battle with stomach cancer.

So I was distracted for a few years and then devastated to the point where all my passions faded. I don't see myself ever coming back at the same level I was at before. To be honest she did not see this site in a good light. She only heard me talk about the interpersonal conflicts and could not see why I wasted energy on maintaining it or defusing personal issues. That makes ever coming back even harder in a way. I kinda feel I have to do everything else she would have wanted me to do before putting much effort into this site.

It was good for me back in the day. I enjoyed the discussions, I enjoyed the research, I enjoyed figuring out problems. But that just doesn't happen anymore. I thank everyone for the good times, but I am probably not going to be a large part of any future discussions. It just isn't there for me.

I know this board needs management. There seems to be a serious "lord of the flies" vibe here without a firm hand.

To try to get things back in line. I have given Administrator privileges to Raeulls and Moderator privileges to Jason Weiser (edit*** , Targan, and Rainbow Six) all of whom I trust fully. (I have removed the other inactive mods, but I am open to returning them if they wish)

"Look at him, Look at him, Raellus is the captain now"

Rae can do anything he wishes to in terms of creating moderator positions, moderating posts and banning users. If you treat him badly and he quits you might poison the whole pond, SO WATCH IT.

I hope things right themselves. Do what you can to help that happen.

Thanks for everything

Kato

Tegyrius 07-17-2020 04:20 PM

Kato, thank you for checking in. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the community-that-was can be here for you when and if you're ready to return to us.

- C.

Jason Weiser 07-17-2020 04:38 PM

Ditto Kato,
Mourn your loss and come back to us when you are ready.

kato13 07-17-2020 04:38 PM

Added Rainbow Six as another moderator as Rae's request. EDIT*** Re Added Targan as a moderator.

Panther Al 07-17-2020 06:09 PM

Sad to hear about how things have gone for you Kato - take the time you need, those things always come first.

rcaf_777 07-17-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kato13 (Post 84132)
It was good for me back in the day. I enjoyed the discussions, I enjoyed the research, I enjoyed figuring out problems. But that just doesn't happen anymore. I thank everyone for the good times, but I am probably not going to be a large part of any future discussions. It just isn't there for me

If your heart not in it anymore and close this place down and let someone do it. If no one steps up then it deserves to be closed down. I know you have given up control to others but maybe it time for give it all up, the control, the board, the site all of it. I'm sure we can all find other boards to post on.

Best of Luck

Lurken 07-18-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcaf_777 (Post 84154)
If your heart not in it anymore and close this place down and let someone do it. If no one steps up then it deserves to be closed down. I know you have given up control to others but maybe it time for give it all up, the control, the board, the site all of it. I'm sure we can all find other boards to post on.

Best of Luck

My condolences Kato, I wish the best for you.

Rcaf; We could find other places to post, but this forum is the best repository of T2k on the Internet. There is stuff here that you cannot find anywhere else.

B.T. 07-18-2020 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tegyrius (Post 84133)
Kato, thank you for checking in. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the community-that-was can be here for you when and if you're ready to return to us.

- C.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Weiser (Post 84136)
Ditto Kato,
Mourn your loss and come back to us when you are ready.

Hey Kato, Teg and Jason said it all.
I can understand your feelings and I, too, wish you all the best.

On a sidenote: Congrats to the old and new mods, keep up the good work.
I would be sad, if this board would vanish. In a way, his is my "home" concerning a game I love.

dragoon500ly 07-18-2020 06:56 AM

My condolences on your loss kato, if you ever need to chat or just vent, pm me, anytime.

To the new mods, congrats guys, you have my full support.

Targan 07-18-2020 08:44 AM

Apologies, my internet time has been patchy in recent days. I've just caught up on events tonight.

Kato I'm very sorry for your loss and I totally understand why you're doing what you're doing.

Adm.Lee 07-18-2020 02:06 PM

Kato, my condolences and prayers.

kcdusk 07-18-2020 09:51 PM

All the best mate

Olefin 07-18-2020 10:18 PM

All the best to you Kato and appreciate all you have done over the years for the board. You have done an amazing job and will pray for you and your loss - and that one day things will be better for you.

Matt Wiser 07-19-2020 12:57 AM

My condolences, Kato. I lost my mom two years ago to cancer and polio complications (she was 70). Take all the time you want and come back refreshed.

Benjamin 07-19-2020 03:40 AM

So sorry to hear that. My greatest sympathies are with you. I don’t a ton here but I always felt this forum had fair moderators and good discussions. Thanks for being the primary cause for that and I hope you return from time to time.

Benjamin

Webstral 07-21-2020 03:23 PM

So very sorry for your loss. I wish I knew what to say other than I wish that hadn’t happened to you.

swaghauler 07-23-2020 08:22 PM

Kato:

I'm so sorry for your loss my friend. PM me if I can be of ANY help to you at all.

I can honestly say that I too have been distracted for a while now. My Mother passed away after a valiant 10-year battle with cancer on December 19th, 2019 (her 55th wedding anniversary too). My Father is very sick as well (stage 4 Kidney Disease), so I've had to put my forum participation on a back burner lately. There's just not enough time in the day between taking care of my own house and my Father too, so I can sympathize with your situation.

lordroel 07-25-2020 04:28 AM

My condolences, Kato.

Silent Hunter UK 07-31-2020 11:18 AM

My condolences for your loss.