RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hi everyone (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=364)

TiggerCCW UK 11-29-2008 05:28 PM

Hi everyone

Hi folks, I'm back on the forum again. Got the house move sorted out, internet access back up again and the madness of the start of term out of the way. Hope you're all keeping well and have I missed much since mid October?

kato13 11-29-2008 05:33 PM

Welcome back. Glad to hear everything is settled nicely.

Most important thing since October would probably have been the release of Twilight 2013. Few members have the book so we have not had any in depth reviews yet.

Chico has also brought us up to speed on the DC Groups progress.

Lots of old friends have dropped in. Still missing Webstral, Radar, Akula and a few others however.

edit: changed "serious" to "in depth" regarding reviews.

Grimace 11-29-2008 08:38 PM

Oh man, you missed SOOOOO much! We had babes in here and dancing and booze...it was AWESOME! Then the barby was fired up and the grub came in by the bucketful!

But really, good to see ya back on the boards! :)

TiggerCCW UK 11-30-2008 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimace
Oh man, you missed SOOOOO much! We had babes in here and dancing and booze...it was AWESOME! Then the barby was fired up and the grub came in by the bucketful!

Damnit, I miss all the fun.....

OTOH I had 21st birthday party in the bar two weeks ago, almost exclusively ladies attending it, most of whom were from the Uni's swimming and hockey clubs. Lots of athletic ladies.

Did I mention it was a themed burlesque party?

On a more serious note, its good to be back and get in touch with you all again. Hope all is well with everyone.

Targan 11-30-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
OTOH I had 21st birthday party in the bar two weeks ago, almost exclusively ladies attending it, most of whom were from the Uni's swimming and hockey clubs. Lots of athletic ladies.

Man your job has some positive benefits, that's for certain.

Brother in Arms 11-30-2008 07:06 AM

themed Burlesque party!

my invitation must have got lost in the mail...

Swim team and hockey club......sounds like fit birds to me mate.

Nice to see you back Trigger

Brother in Arms

Rainbow Six 11-30-2008 08:32 AM

Hey Tigger...welcome back...

Mohoender 11-30-2008 09:05 AM

Hello, welcome back.

General Pain 12-01-2008 02:28 AM

welcome back

good to see u back Tigger ;)

Snake Eyes 12-01-2008 02:30 AM

Welcome back.

headquarters 12-01-2008 02:48 AM

good to hear from a fellow t2k er

Quote:

Hi folks, I'm back on the forum again. Got the house move sorted out, internet access back up again and the madness of the start of term out of the way. Hope you're all keeping well and have I missed much since mid October?

welcome back

TiggerCCW UK 12-01-2008 03:19 AM

Thanks for the welcome back folks. Got the house nearly sorted out now, had an oil leak with the central heating, but its all good now. House is fricking huge - can't believe I managed to get the deal on it that I did - right place, right time. Just a case of enjoying it for the next couple of years now - I'll never be able to afford a house this fancy again :D

Targan 12-01-2008 04:18 AM

Wow, central heating. I remember that from when I lived in Wellington. Now I live somewhere where the weather is really nice for most of the year :)

pmulcahy11b 12-01-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the welcome back folks. Got the house nearly sorted out now, had an oil leak with the central heating, but its all good now. House is fricking huge - can't believe I managed to get the deal on it that I did - right place, right time. Just a case of enjoying it for the next couple of years now - I'll never be able to afford a house this fancy again :D

I don't know about Ireland, but in this country right now, it's definitely a buyer's market. The big problem is getting a home loan in the first place!

TiggerCCW UK 12-01-2008 07:27 AM

Yeah, the house prices are dropping here, but its still pretty steep going. I'm renting at the minute, but we did get a sweet deal on this house. Acre of ground, 5 bedroom, 3 storey, on a private road and a guy coming in to cut the grass for me, £500 a month including rates. Not bad seeing I was paying £400 for a 3 bedroom mid terrace prior to the move. Cracking views from the house as well, out over a river and down to Strangford Lough. I'll try posting a shot of the view here when I'm at home.

Thanks again for the welcome back folks, feels like coming home:p

Jason Weiser 12-01-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Damnit, I miss all the fun.....

Did I mention it was a themed burlesque party?

On a more serious note, its good to be back and get in touch with you all again. Hope all is well with everyone.

God, and I thought I had fun turning 21..:naughty:

Twilight2000v3MM 12-01-2008 02:50 PM

damn!! last birthday party I attended included some poor schmuck dressed up as Spongebob.... :-(

Graebarde 12-01-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Weiser
God, and I thought I had fun turning 21..:naughty:

Yah know that proves my point. Ya'll a bunch of pups!:D
For all your youthful life, at least your teens, most males look forward to the day they can legally walk into a bar and get a drink. That's what I looked forward to, however it was almost seven months AFTER my 21st that I got the opportunity to hobble into a bar in Tacoma and get a legal drink. I spent my 21st ass deep in mud in the delta. What can I say, I wasn't the first, only, or last service-member (had to change that from GI cuz that's happened to other's in other lands too and to our lady troops as well) that's happened to (sigh).

Grae
feeling REAL old.

chico20854 12-01-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graebarde
Yah know that proves my point. Ya'll a bunch of pups!:D
For all your youthful life, at least your teens, most males look forward to the day they can legally walk into a bar and get a drink. That's what I looked forward to, however it was almost seven months AFTER my 21st that I got the opportunity to hobble into a bar in Tacoma and get a legal drink. I spent my 21st ass deep in mud in the delta. What can I say, I wasn't the first, only, or last service-member (had to change that from GI cuz that's happened to other's in other lands too and to our lady troops as well) that's happened to (sigh).

Grae
feeling REAL old.

But wasn't the drinking age 18 in most states back then? I remember DC changed their age to 21 in the mid-80s!

Graebarde 12-02-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chico20854
But wasn't the drinking age 18 in most states back then? I remember DC changed their age to 21 in the mid-80s!

Yeah most states changed the age in the early 80's, for a short time that is, however I turned 21 in 1969. Now there were 18-year-old-states around. South Dakota and Kansas were two I know for sure. You cold only get 3.2 beer though, which we refered to by some very derogatoyr non-PC names. Though the 3.2 seems very popular nationally now, since that is what LITE beer is. It STILL deserves the derogatory names IMNSHO.

It always bothered me that they could send me off to kill and perhaps die, but I was not responsible enough to get a damn beer in my home town. Nor could I vote for the AH that made that decision. I still had to pay taxes too, so it was taxation without representation too. Oh the rebellious years! But they changed all that, sort of with the lowing of the voting age. Too bad more people don't take advantage of the right that our forefathers fought and died to make possible.

Grae
steps off soap box.

Mohoender 12-04-2008 09:02 PM

I believe, Vermont was the last state to adopt the 21 year old law and Washington had to force the state to do so, threatening to cut federal aid or something like that.

Today I don't know but 10 years ago, even as the legal age was 21 it was not that difficult to drink in Vermont. Moreover, if you got caught by cops, you were usually kindly advised to go home, nothing more. I think that Vermonters still don't appreciate that law. Actually, many parents there are giving wine or bear in family meatings and dinners to kids long before they turn 21 (and often 18). But Vermonters are the most progressive of all Americans...:D

pmulcahy11b 12-04-2008 09:07 PM

Texas is a bit screwy. You can drink beer at 18, but for anything else, you have to wait until you're 21.

However, you can die for your country at 17. You figure it out.

Targan 12-04-2008 09:07 PM

Its 18 in all States in Australia. I guess Australians are well known to have a pretty big drinking culture. I find the idea strange that someone could vote and even serve in their country's military overseas but not be able to legally have a beer.

pmulcahy11b 12-04-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohoender
I believe, Vermont was the last state to adopt the 21 year old law and Washington had to force the state to do so, threatening to cut federal aid or something like that.

Today I don't know but 10 years ago, even as the legal age was 21 it was not that difficult to drink in Vermont. Moreover, if you got caught by cops, you were usually kindly advised to go home, nothing more. I think that Vermonters still don't appreciate that law. Actually, many parents there are giving wine or bear in family meatings and dinners to kids long before they turn 21 (and often 18). But Vermonters are the most progressive of all Americans...:D

"Family meatings" -- do they practice cannibalism in Vermont? :(

Relax, I know it's just a typo!

Brother in Arms 12-04-2008 11:39 PM

I am a Mainaic who has been living in VT for over a year....seems that everyone has had at least one DUI there...people do tend to drink a lot and then drive for some reason....maybe people in Maine stay home and drink.

Mohoender 12-04-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
"Family meatings" -- do they practice cannibalism in Vermont? :(

Relax, I know it's just a typo!

Only on people from Texas:D . But that might be the French.:D :D

Targan 12-05-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother in Arms
I am a Mainaic who has been living in VT for over a year....seems that everyone has had at least one DUI there...people do tend to drink a lot and then drive for some reason....maybe people in Maine stay home and drink.

Have you met the Super Troopers yet? :D