RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Off the forum for a little while (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=4206)

Rainbow Six 09-21-2013 12:32 PM

Off the forum for a little while

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I was admitted to hospital on Tuesday having unknowingly suffered a minor heart attack. I was discharged today following marvelous treatment from all at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary but will be resting up for a while so I won't be around too much either in the forum or with regard to website updates.

Cheers guys and all the best

Dave

mikeo80 09-21-2013 01:32 PM

First, you take care of you!!

We will see you when you are up and about.

My $0.02

Mike

LBraden 09-21-2013 02:13 PM

Eh could be worse mate, ya could be in Newcastle.

But aye, I had experiences with heart problems due to my father, but main thing is not to go too far into the "I can't do anything" category, you still alive, and things I have seen you post seem to say you still stay reasonably active, so that is going for you.

kato13 09-21-2013 02:34 PM

Hope that you bounce back soon.

Feel better.

-Kato

RN7 09-21-2013 02:48 PM

Hope your back and running with us soon Rainbow Six.

Sean.

Raellus 09-21-2013 04:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Rainbow. I hope wish you a speedy recovery.

boogiedowndonovan 09-23-2013 01:50 PM

oh wow! take care!

Adm.Lee 09-24-2013 11:10 AM

Indeed, take care. Prayers and best wishes.

Targan 09-25-2013 07:43 AM

Get well soon R6!

Nowhere Man 1966 09-27-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbow Six (Post 56322)
Hi guys,

Just to let you know I was admitted to hospital on Tuesday having unknowingly suffered a minor heart attack. I was discharged today following marvelous treatment from all at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary but will be resting up for a while so I won't be around too much either in the forum or with regard to website updates.

Cheers guys and all the best

Dave

Hope you feel better soon, get well! Yeah, been having medical issues myself with my mother, she's fighting inflammatory breast cancer. She had her left breast removed and they tested the surrounding area to see if it spread but there is no evidence of it but she still need to undergo chemo as a precaution. She feels great now.

Rainbow Six 09-29-2013 03:12 AM

Thanks for the good wishes guys...am happy to say that I'm now up and about excercising and walking pretty much as normal, and the good thing about the treatment I received (three stents put in) is that it's not just a case of getting back to where you were beforehand - most people end up feeling much better than they were before they went into hospital. So, fingers crossed and all being well, I should be back to normal pretty soon.

Cheers

mikeo80 10-01-2013 09:05 PM

I am glad to see that you are doing better.

IMHO, do not do EVERYTHING the Dr. says. An occasional fish and chips are OK. Just not every day. Same thing with a cold beer. But you are a smart guy. I know you will be with the rest of us crazies for a long time.

My $0.02

Mike

Rainbow Six 10-02-2013 09:35 AM

Cheers Mike...to be fair, I had a visit from a rehab nurse last week (Yep, I got a home visit from a nurse...;)) and that was pretty much what she said...that it was Ok to have the odd guilty pleasure so long as it was only occasional and not a regular thing...she pretty much said if you try to cut out all the things that you enjoyed before you'd end up going cold turkey and craving them...

Things seem be going well though, I'm up and about, exercising and taking a couple of walks a day,..I have another home visit on Friday and an appointment at the Doctor's office on Monday, so am cautiously optimistic that I might be able to get back to work next week...

RN7 10-02-2013 11:00 AM

Good to hear your feeling better.

Nowhere Man 1966 10-02-2013 02:08 PM

Glad to hear you are doing a lot better, get well soon.

mikeo80 10-03-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbow Six (Post 56469)
Cheers Mike...to be fair, I had a visit from a rehab nurse last week (Yep, I got a home visit from a nurse...;))

Was she cute?? (VBEG)

My $0.02

Mike