RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Maybe too weird an idea, but.. (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=388)

pmulcahy11b 12-05-2008 05:00 PM

Maybe too weird an idea, but..

Has anyone come up with T2K treatments of characters from movies, TV, books, etc?

Matt Wiser 12-05-2008 05:33 PM

We actually did in our group at CSU Fresno: a SEAL officer assigned to our unit after reaching Iran was LT Jordan O'Neil (anyone remember G.I. Jane?). She was TDY to us after several of her platoon got shot up and was in need of a temporary assignment while they recovered.

kato13 12-05-2008 05:50 PM

I have wanted to do that for a long time. Actually I wanted to make a wiki NPC database for all modern game systems. With an bio and stats for any game people wish to add.

If you guys have ideas, I can build it.

pmulcahy11b 12-05-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kato13
I have wanted to do that for a long time. Actually I wanted to make a wiki NPC database for all modern game systems. With an bio and stats for any game people wish to add.

If you guys have ideas, I can build it.

If you build it, they will come? A T2K wiki sounds like a good idea. What's involved in that?

kato13 12-05-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
If you build it, they will come? A T2K wiki sounds like a good idea. What's involved in that?

One exists, but I want to build a better one where I can have direct access. That way I can port the mountains of data I have directly into it. That would save me a boat load of time. I hope to have it ready before the DC working group releases the majority of their material. It would be cool if every unit/county/ship could have a wiki page.

For NPCs I would love a wiki to have multiple game stats. But of course it would start with T2k. Actually I would like to start with Major Po of course.

Tegyrius 12-05-2008 07:04 PM

I'm gonna throw out a thoroughly unwholesome idea: post-apocalyptic Jack Bauer.

- C.

pmulcahy11b 12-05-2008 08:22 PM

I've always wanted to do Mulder and Scully...OK, maybe just Scully (hmm, we're not talking about T2K anymore...)

kato13 12-05-2008 08:30 PM

I remember making the team from "Predator" back in the day. I also made Hawkeye from M*A*S*H when I was explaining the generalities of RPGs to my sister.

Targan 12-05-2008 08:33 PM

As I've mentioned on the old boards before the single most impressive and probably most important NPC in my campaign is an incredibly crusty old US Marine named Bartholemew Lincoln Lamont. He is exactly the same in looks and personality as Gunny Tom Highway from the film Heartbreak Ridge. When the PCs first encountered him he was a Gunnery Sgt (he kept getting busted down ranks because of his habit of assaulting officers) who was being held in a WarPac POW camp in Poland. Lamont had deliberately allowed himself to be captured because he had heard a rumour that his son was being held in the camp and was wounded (the rumour turned out to be false).

Major Po knew that due to Lamont's age he would be retired from the USMC when they got back to the CONUS so he arranged to have him commissioned. Now he is Captain Lamont and everyone in Po's unit fears the old man as he has served continuously in the USMC since Vietnam and is one of the most skilled snipers and unarmed combat fighters anyone in the campaign has ever seen.

General Pain 12-06-2008 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kato13
One exists, but I want to build a better one where I can have direct access. That way I can port the mountains of data I have directly into it. That would save me a boat load of time. I hope to have it ready before the DC working group releases the majority of their material. It would be cool if every unit/county/ship could have a wiki page.

For NPCs I would love a wiki to have multiple game stats. But of course it would start with T2k. Actually I would like to start with Major Po of course.

Capital idea.....

In HQs campaign I have the following celebs working for me.''
- Matt Stone - co-creator of southpark - baddly burned and rad damage - bound to a wheelchair
- David Hasselhoff - rescued from a canaibal-sect in LA - he is my PR-man

Snake Eyes 12-06-2008 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tegyrius

I'm gonna throw out a thoroughly unwholesome idea: post-apocalyptic Jack Bauer.

Probably better keep your eyes on your contest thread then.

:cool:

Nowhere Man 1966 12-06-2008 08:37 AM

Can't forget John Thomas Rourke from "The Survivalist" Series.

Chuck M.

JHart 12-06-2008 09:13 AM

Rambo, John J. Accept no substitutes. Would work well for any Merc game, but really only for in T2K if set in Southeast Asia

Ben Raines from the Ashes series. You'd need a supercomputer to add up all his stats and skills.

Nowhere Man 1966 12-06-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHart
Rambo, John J. Accept no substitutes. Would work well for any Merc game, but really only for in T2K if set in Southeast Asia

Ben Raines from the Ashes series. You'd need a supercomputer to add up all his stats and skills.

True, although John Thomas Rourke had a lot of skills too. Time to fire up the Cray. :)

Chuck M.

Rainbow Six 12-06-2008 03:03 PM

I've put together something for Lady Lara Croft, a Captain in the British Territorial Army, currently serving with the 2nd Infantry Brigade Recce Group in England. I did tone her stats / skills down a bit to make her a little more realistic (although I left her physical attributes as they were...:) )

pmulcahy11b 12-07-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHart

I was watching something about MI6 on the Military channel a few months ago. One of their people said that you'd need about six lifetimes of training to get the skill set of James Bond.

And Ben Raines? His Rebels probably have a supercomputer up and running somewhere...

Ed the Coastie 12-08-2008 01:51 AM

I occasionally have characters from television/movies/books etc make appearances. Some of my favorites have been:
  • A wandering soldier named "Casey Romaine" (one of the modern-day aliases of Casca, the Eternal Mercenary) as a mercenary who crops up from time to time.
  • Brigadier General Jay Corbett (the "Witchmen" military commander from the Horseclans series) as the military adviser for a mixed group of University of Florida researchers and displaced Seminole Indians fighting a guerrilla war against the New America enclave in Saint Petersburg.
  • Colonel Phillip Green (Star Trek) as a New America commander.