RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kifaru products....... (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=4572)

.45cultist 09-09-2014 09:11 PM

Kifaru products.......

I want to add these, but should I just label them "advanced widget" or should I use the name? "Kifaru Woobie" becomes "Advanced Camp Blanket", "Paratarp" is "Advanced Lightweight Shelter", etc.

ArmySGT. 09-10-2014 06:44 PM

You are going to have to hand the catalog to the players....... and as GM make a distinction why one is better than the other. What advantage does it confer that has a bearing on game play?

.45cultist 09-10-2014 08:55 PM

Actually it's just a gizmo, a lighter weight version of a poncho liner, shelter. These might be relics more than issue, perhaps a bunker or a forgotten shelter or even snake eaters. I have the stats from the company somewhere, Kato put the poncho liner in his gear list. Mainly I want to add more pre warand post war stuff to the list.

ArmySGT. 12-13-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .45cultist (Post 61098)
Actually it's just a gizmo, a lighter weight version of a poncho liner, shelter. These might be relics more than issue, perhaps a bunker or a forgotten shelter or even snake eaters. I have the stats from the company somewhere, Kato put the poncho liner in his gear list. Mainly I want to add more pre warand post war stuff to the list.

Well, the most significant difference is weight. So carrying the Kifaru woobie instead of say a rolled wool blanket can be significant in terms of weight.

Woobies and wool differ greatly when it comes to weather. Wool is king in wet and miserable climates.

Maybe give the players the "Morrow Packing List" and then based on character age, education, outdoor skills, and a dice roll give them X amount of dollars to swap higher tech lightweight materials for issue.

So a Wiggy's bag will cost $300 instead of the Army issue down arctic bag. Both are good to 0 degrees but the Army bag weigh 15lbs and rolled is still the size of a beach ball. The Wiggy's bag is 3lbs and crushed to just under a soccer ball. The player only has x amount of dollars and must choose wisely. Weapons are typically not a buy out.

bobcat 08-18-2015 01:47 PM

honestly the kifaru woobie isn't even an actual improvement on the real woobie. the only difference is the price and the lack of reversibility. now if you don't mind i'm going to go curse a few corporate executives for ruining the most valuable piece of kit in the military.

.45cultist 08-18-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcat (Post 66364)
honestly the kifaru woobie isn't even an actual improvement on the real woobie. the only difference is the price and the lack of reversibility. now if you don't mind i'm going to go curse a few corporate executives for ruining the most valuable piece of kit in the military.

Figures, and the '90's Thinsulate poncho liners went the way of the dodo.

ArmySGT. 08-25-2015 10:37 PM

Well damn.........

I had no idea this place was 15 minutes away.

4894 Van Gordon St
Suite 305
Wheat Ridge, Colorado 80033

1-800-222-6139
303-278-9155

customerservice@kifaru.net

M-F 8:00 to 4:00 MST

I am literally going to go just to check out the show room.