RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Site Update Thread! (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=240)

Realpity 01-30-2011 07:47 PM

Awesome ! Wow that's quick !

after re-reading some 80's cold-war fiction I've had an urge to run a Canadian Mech Brigade in Europe type game

pmulcahy11b 02-02-2011 06:39 PM

03 Feb 11

German Tanks has been updated to include the Canadian Leopard C1 and C2. (The Leopard 2A6M was already there, it turns out.)

Spanish Wheeled APCs and Swiss Wheeled APCs have been updated, corrected, and expanded. (The MOWAG Piranha entries have, in particular, become quite large.)

The US-made, highly modified Bravo 18 AKM has been added to the Kalashnikov AK-47 entry in Russian Assault Rifles.

In International Pistols, the Stoeger Condor has been added.

In US Pistols R, the SR-40 has been added to the Ruger SR-9 entry.

In US Revolvers - Colt A-P, the version of the Colt New Service M-1917 in .455 Webley has been added to the entry.

In US Revolvers - Smith & Wesson 451-630, the PC-500 Bone Collector has been added to the Smith & Wesson 500 entry.

In Italian Semiautomatic Shotguns - Beretta, the Tx-4 Storm has been added.
In US Semiautomatic Sporting Rifles Ra-Ro, the .450 Bushmaster chambering has been added to the Remington R-15, and the .30 Remington AR entry has been corrected.

In US Submachineguns A-I, the Steve Matthews AR-15 SMG has been added to the Colt Submachineguns entry.

In The Care and Feeding of Antitank Weapons, rules for Wind Effects on Shots have been added.

In New Skills, the erroneous references to Dexterity have been replaced with Agility.

Realpity 02-03-2011 05:57 AM

Just checked the page, excellent work ! You even covered the C1A1 ! Thanks very much Paul.

Panther Al 02-03-2011 09:43 AM

Question for you Paul on your page:

When it comes to the small arms, where/how to you get your bulk numbers at?

And second, on the M1 section, you might want to add that the Iraqi Army is now the largest user of the M1A1 AIM SA (Or will be when the last are delivered). I was reading an interview of some of the Iraqi's doing conversion training, and one of the officers remarked that the First time he saw a M1 was in the commanders seat of a T72, transitioning to the M1 gave him a very positive feeling.

pmulcahy11b 02-03-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther Al (Post 30799)
Question for you Paul on your page:

When it comes to the small arms, where/how to you get your bulk numbers at?

And second, on the M1 section, you might want to add that the Iraqi Army is now the largest user of the M1A1 AIM SA (Or will be when the last are delivered). I was reading an interview of some of the Iraqi's doing conversion training, and one of the officers remarked that the First time he saw a M1 was in the commanders seat of a T72, transitioning to the M1 gave him a very positive feeling.

Second part first -- Thanks for the information.

The bulk numbers are straight out of Fire, Fusion & Steel (the first one), which is basically weapon length in centimeters divided by 15, rounding off normally.

Panther Al 02-03-2011 11:53 AM

Should have mentioned it on that last post, but it appears that by the photo's of Iraqi M1's they got part of the TUSK upgrades (The add on side armour and the armour for the commanders and loaders station, and what appears to be a M2 mount over the gun tube Israeli style as well as a M1A2 style APU on the bustle.)

pmulcahy11b 02-03-2011 04:08 PM

Well, that's two countries we've given M1s to that could dissolve into chaos at the drop of a hat...

Legbreaker 02-03-2011 04:24 PM

Obviously there's money involved. Somebody made a bucket of it and ignore the potential powder kegs the AFVs were being sent to.

Panther Al 02-05-2011 09:34 AM

Yep, was a 2 billion dollar deal including a whole host of support vehicles, including ODS Brads, roughly 400 I am hearing.

Mohoender 02-12-2011 08:54 PM

Hello Paul

I ran in the Rooikat ZA-35 today. For once, I didn't find it in your site (I didn't think that was possible;)). If you are interested in it here is a link to its characteristics.

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/za_35.htm

pmulcahy11b 02-21-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohoender (Post 31130)
Hello Paul

I ran in the Rooikat ZA-35 today. For once, I didn't find it in your site (I didn't think that was possible;)). If you are interested in it here is a link to its characteristics.

Cool! Something new! Thanks!

pmulcahy11b 02-21-2011 05:05 PM

22 Feb 11

Turkish Wheeled APCs has been rewritten and updated. The Otokar Arma and Otokar Kaya have been added.

Ukrainian Wheeled APCs has been rewritten and updated. The superfluous BTR-3U entry has been removed (the vehicle is in International Wheeled APCs).

In German Assault Rifles, the Umarex USA HK-416D has been added to the Heckler & Koch HK-416 entry.

In US Assault Rifles A-C, notes have been added about the Stag 15 variations of the M-16 and M-4 have been added to the Colt M-16 Assault Rifle Series and Colt M-16-Based Short Assault Rifles Series entries.

In Brazilian Pistols, the PT-857SSC has been added to the Taurus PT-800 Series entry.

In US Pistols K, the Kel-Tec PMR-30 has been added.

In US Revolvers - Smith & Wesson 10-30, under the Smith & Wesson 27 entry, the Model 627 has been renamed the Model 627 Magnum Stainless, and the Model 627 Hunter, Model 627 Lew Horton Special, Model 627-3, Model 627-4, and Model 627-5 have been added to the entry.

In US Semiautomatic Shotguns M-Q, the Mossberg M-930 SPX has been added.

In British Submachineguns, the Chinese Type 38 version of the Sten was added to the entry.

In US Submachineguns A-I, the MasterPiece Arms MPA-22 was added to the Ingram M-10/M-11 entry.

In Russian Grenade Launchers, the incorrect HEDP round entry for the GP-25/GP-30 was removed, and the "Jumping Frag" round was added. The duplicate AGS-30 entry was removed.

In Grenade Launcher Ammunition, the "Jumping Frag" round was added to the 40x47mm Russian Low-Velocity entry.

In Small-Caliber Small Arms Rounds, the 5.7mm MMJ round was added.

The Download Link for TR's (Wapahani's) Web Site, Rogue Turtle's Nuclear Threat Analysis by State, and Anders Larsson's Mexican Army Sourcebook, Polish Army Sourcebook, and Alternate T2K Timeline has been moved to the PDF Page. Please note that the file locations themselves have also been moved and the previous links are no longer valid.

Legbreaker 02-21-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b (Post 31471)
In Grenade Launcher Ammunition, the "Jumping Frag" round was added to the 40x47mm Russian Low-Velocity entry.

Woo hoo!
I was nearly going to ask about that but thought you'd get to it eventually.
THANKS!!! :P

One thing though, does the bounding round really have 100 metres greater IFR?
http://pmulcahy.com/grenade_launcher..._launchers.htm

pmulcahy11b 02-21-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legbreaker (Post 31472)
Woo hoo!One thing though, does the bounding round really have 100 metres greater IFR?

Rackel-Frass!

Panther Al 02-21-2011 06:57 PM

I'm crushed.. No update on the users of the M1A1SA... ;)

pmulcahy11b 02-21-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther Al (Post 31474)
I'm crushed.. No update on the users of the M1A1SA... ;)

I need to learn more about the M1A1SA variant first...or is that the Saudi Variant? Can't remember...I'm confused...

Panther Al 02-21-2011 09:01 PM

Iraqi. Strategy page has some info on it, as well as pics. There was some stuff posted on the army website, but that was a while back.

pmulcahy11b 03-23-2011 11:09 AM

23 Mar 11

The US Wheeled APCs page has been heavily rewritten and updated. The Force Protection Cougar MRAP and the GDLS Stryker have been added.

General information and stats have been added for AR-10 clones under US Battle Rifles A-L.

In International Pistols, the Stoeger Cougar has been added.

In US Pistols D-F, the Guardian has been added to the Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail entry. The Kobra Carry Lightweight has been added to the Ed Brown Kobra entry.

In US Pistols R, the LC9 has been added to the Ruger LCP entry.

In US Pistols - Springfield, the E-Series has been added to the Springfield M-1911A1 entry.

In Russian Machineguns, the Century International semiautomatic version of the DPM has been added to the Degtyarev DP Series entry.

In US Revolvers - Dan Wesson, a note about the Model 715 has been added to the Dan Wesson Model 15-VH entry.

In US Pump-Action Shotguns G-L, the Kel-Tec KSG has been added.

In Belgian Lever-Action Rifles, the Browning/Winchester 1886 Extra Light has been added.

In Small-Caliber Small Arms Rounds, the .17 VarTag, .17 Tactical, and .20 Tactical rounds have been added.

In Heavy-Caliber Small Arms Rounds, the .40-60 Winchester Centerfire, .45-765 Winchester Centerfire, .400 Pondoro, .416 Howell, .450 AHR, .450 Howell, ..500 AHR, .500 Jeffrey, and .585 AHR rounds have been added.

The Radios & Communications Equipment page has been rearranged for a bit more clarity. It will be expanded later (eventually).

For those parties wondering, and AS1 version of the Leopard, the M-1A1SA, and the Romanian AIMS-74 will appear in the next update. Sorry for the wait, but thanks for the heads-up.

Legbreaker 03-23-2011 06:00 PM

Just happy to be able to help out with your incredible work in some small way.

Legbreaker 03-28-2011 07:35 AM

Paul, I've noted you haven't got the M579 Fitter variant of the M113 on your site. Oversight?
I don't know how many (if any) are used by the US but they were the standard ARV in Australia for Cavalry and APC units (still are in those still equipped with M113s), and looks like a few other nations too (Canada and Israel being just two in a quick search).

pmulcahy11b 03-28-2011 01:52 PM

I do have some "M-113 Fitter's Vehicles" here and there, but who knows what I've missed.

Legbreaker 03-28-2011 06:17 PM

Yes, I can imagine it's very easy to miss a vehicle here and there given the thousands of items you've already got!
No rush to get it done from my perspective - only mentioned it because I'm currently working on an Australian OOB for Korea and want to include M113s and M113 MRVs in the mix. Likely to have been one per squadron I think sent over initially.

What's the New Zealand ARV for the Scorpion? Anyone have an idea? Could the M579 handle it? (my guess is probably.)

StainlessSteelCynic 03-28-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legbreaker (Post 32662)
What's the New Zealand ARV for the Scorpion? Anyone have an idea? Could the M579 handle it? (my guess is probably.)

The Scorpion weighs approx 8 tonnes while the M113 typically weighs 12 to 13 tonnes from memory. I don't know what the specific recovery capacity is of the Fitter's bucket but I'd say we're safe to assume if it can recover another bucket then it can easily recover a Scorpion!

Legbreaker 03-28-2011 08:54 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I'm still on the fence about sending Scorpions to Korea though for reasons I've already mentioned elsewhere.

pmulcahy11b 03-28-2011 10:13 PM

I've toyed with the idea of putting vehicles with a large amounts of variants (M113, HMMWV, AK47 and M16) on the same page.

Legbreaker 03-28-2011 10:46 PM

I think where the chassis is the same (M113, M577, etc) that's probably a good idea. With vehicles having to be stripped for replacement parts, it's nice to know the suspension components from a Gepard for example can be used on a Leopard.
Of course that opens another can of worms doesn't it - AA vehicles such as the Gepard aren't exactly in the same category as a Leopard MBT... :confused:

Seems that may require a major reworking of your categorisation methods. :(

Perhaps a note or two in the descriptions might be better at this point? I'm sure you really don't want to rework the whole site.

Panther Al 03-29-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b (Post 32668)
I've toyed with the idea of putting vehicles with a large amounts of variants (M113, HMMWV, AK47 and M16) on the same page.

For what it is worth, I've been fiddling about doing just that for my own use, might clean it up, finish it, and forward it on.

pmulcahy11b 03-31-2011 06:02 PM

31 May 11

In German Tanks, the Australian AS1 variant of the Leopard 1 was added.

In US Tanks, the new M-1A1SA version which has been sold to the Iraqi Army has been added.

In British Tracked APCs, the Warrior MAOV has been added to the Alvis/BAE FV-510 Warrior entry. As this was the only entry in British Artillery Support Vehicles, that page has been removed.

Yugoslavian Wheeled APCs has been rewritten and updated; the Yugoimport Lazar BVT has been added.

In US Antimateriel Rifles A-L, the AR-50A1 NM was added to the Armalite AR-50 entry.

In Romanian Assault Rifles, The AIMS was added to the RATMIL AKM-63 entry. A note about the AIMS-74 (aka the AKS-86) was added to the RATMIL AK-86 entry.

In US Assault Rifles R-Z, a note about the Smith & Wesson M&P-15 PSX has been added to the Smith & Wesson M&P-15 entry.

In US Battle Rifles M-Z, the McMillan M-3A has been added to the Springfield M-1A entry.

In Swiss Pistols, the P-220 Super Match was added to the SiG-Sauer P-220 entry.

In German Double/Single-Barrel Shotguns, the Kreighoff K-80 was added.

In International Double/Single-Barrel Shotguns, the Big Horn Sterling was added.

In Swiss Sniper Rifles, the Brugger & Thomet APR-338 was added.

In US Sniper Rifles A-B, the Barrett MRAD was added.

In US Sniper Rifles G-L, the SR-25 Carbine has been added to the KAC Mk 11/M-110 entry.

In US Sniper Rifles T-Z, the .338 Lapua Magnum chambering has been added to the Tactical Rifles M-40A1 entry.

I don't know where it went, but US Lever-Action Rifles I-M has been restored, with the JB Custom 1892 Mare's Leg and Mossberg 464.

In US Semiauto Sporting Rifles Rp-Rz, the SR-22 was added to the Ruger SR-556 entry.

In Heavy Caliber Small Arms Rounds, the .40-60 Marlin and .50-95 Winchester rounds were added.

pmulcahy11b 04-21-2011 05:27 PM

21 Apr 11

The British Artillery Support Vehicles page has been restored; I was going to put such vehicles under their base APC pages, but had second thoughts.

The Canadian Artillery Support Vehicles page has been added, with the GDLS LAV III OPV.

The Chinese Artillery Support Vehicles page has been rewritten and updated.

The Czech Artillery Support Vehicles page has been rewritten and updated, and the BVP-2 LOS has been added.

The French Artillery Support Vehicles page has been rewritten and updated.

The German Artillery Support Vehicles has been rewritten and updated, and the M-113G1 AOPV added.

The International Artillery Support Vehicles page has been rewritten and updated.

On the Belgian Assault Rifles page, the ISSC-Austria Mk 22 has been added under the FN SCAR entry.

In US Pistols K, the Kimber Solo has been added.

In US Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles - Weatherby, the .338 Lapua Magnum chambering was added to the Weatherby Vanguard.

A new page, Best Sporting Rifles That Never Were, was added, with the Carl Stolzer 2-Bore Rifle.

In Heavy-Caliber Rifle Rounds, .40-65 Winchester, .40-70 Winchester, .40-82 Winchester, .45-90 Winchester, .40-70 Sharps Straight, .40-90 Sharps Straight, and .500/.416 Nitro Express have been added.

Legbreaker 04-22-2011 07:35 AM

I'm really liking the new organisation in radios and comms! :p
Makes it a LOT easier to find nation specific gear. :D