RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Air craft and statistics (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=5833)

Dackattack 01-24-2019 02:59 PM

Air craft and statistics

Does anyone have any useful reference material for aircraft in Twilight 2k? I imagine a jet is gonna be hard to find but I decided to try a character build with the jet piloting skill.

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

Vespers War 01-24-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dackattack (Post 80653)
Does anyone have any useful reference material for aircraft in Twilight 2k? I imagine a jet is gonna be hard to find but I decided to try a character build with the jet piloting skill.

There's Paul's aircraft page. I've done a tiny handful of World War I aircraft that I haven't posted anywhere yet (just the Morane-Saulnier Type N, Nieuport 11 & 17, and Sopwith Camel), which were done just to test the aircraft rules in Fire, Fusion & Steel.

swaghauler 01-24-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dackattack (Post 80653)

AeroTrader has many of the Specs you will need.

You can look up the Specs right on the manufacturer's websites.

The Aircraft Owners & Pilot's Association also has the needed Specs.

Jane's aircraft guides also have this info if you want "dead tree" sources of Specs.

These sites contain info like takeoff and landing distances, top speed, climb rates, wing loadings (important for a maneuverability rating), max load, and powered ceiling.

I hope that helps.

SWAG

Dackattack 01-24-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vespers War (Post 80655)
There's Paul's aircraft page. I've done a tiny handful of World War I aircraft that I haven't posted anywhere yet (just the Morane-Saulnier Type N, Nieuport 11 & 17, and Sopwith Camel), which were done just to test the aircraft rules in Fire, Fusion & Steel.

Fantastic. Thanks!

alexei 01-25-2019 11:09 AM

There is an official GDW aviation module called A2009 Twilight 2000 - Nautical & Aviation Handbook from the early 90s with helicopter and jet stats for Twilight 2000.

pmulcahy11b 01-26-2019 08:25 AM

My Aircraft and Helicopters pages are being slowly updated, so stats may be a bit uneven in relation to one another.

I'm also considering putting back in AVs for aircraft and helicopters. (And maybe certain UAVs.)

Dackattack 01-26-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b (Post 80667)
My Aircraft and Helicopters pages are being slowly updated, so stats may be a bit uneven in relation to one another.

I'm also considering putting back in AVs for aircraft and helicopters. (And maybe certain UAVs.)

From what I saw I could definitely convince a GM that if I raid an air strip could get ahold of one of the aircraft

pmulcahy11b 01-28-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dackattack (Post 80668)
From what I saw I could definitely convince a GM that if I raid an air strip could get ahold of one of the aircraft

Back when I was actively GMing, the NPC unit (about brigade-sized) that the players were working out of had two Dragonflies (both were later shot down), a Warthog, and a little AH-6. In addition, a C-130 or C-141 would visit them periodically (1-3 times per year) with hard-to-find supplies and new personnel. As I said somewhere on this board, I played fast and loose with aircraft availability and jetfuel/AvGas availability.

Do I really think a brigade-sized semi-elite unit in Poland in 2001 would have access to so many aircraft? I'd have to say no. But aircraft add a little more spice to the game.