RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Member's Thread (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=293)

recon35 05-20-2017 05:57 AM

Hello all,
Glad to be a part of the site. I started with the v1 boxed set after seeing the add in Dragon magazine. Now my son is interested in it, so we'll be dusting off the books and painting up some old Devil Dog Design miniatures and give it a go.

Silent Hunter UK 05-27-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recon35 (Post 74317)
Hello all,
Glad to be a part of the site. I started with the v1 boxed set after seeing the add in Dragon magazine. Now my son is interested in it, so we'll be dusting off the books and painting up some old Devil Dog Design miniatures and give it a go.

Welcome!

von wildensee 05-31-2017 05:22 AM

Hi all, based in Ottawa, Canada, played this once a long time ago in my very early teens. Pulled out my v1 box set recently and have been pondering starting a game again. Notice the different versions out there now, is there a thread here that compares them all?

Impressive resource site!

Arkham Drifter 06-17-2017 11:43 AM

OG Player checkin' in

Aftermath! and Twilight 2000 player checking in as a new member here.

Moving beyond TSR based game systems and genres, I started playing Aftermath! in '83...the dining room table was cluttered character sheets, maps and issues Survival, Gung-Ho, Eagle and SOF magazines.

Started playing TW2000 in '87 and was hooked for years. The NA storyline is still one of my favorite in any RPG.

Anyway it's been over twenty years since I rolled dice but I've got some stuff I want to share with this community. Hopefully some who are still playing will find it fun.

Raellus 06-17-2017 01:23 PM

Welcome, fellas. Share away!

Olefin 06-19-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von wildensee (Post 74418)
Hi all, based in Ottawa, Canada, played this once a long time ago in my very early teens. Pulled out my v1 box set recently and have been pondering starting a game again. Notice the different versions out there now, is there a thread here that compares them all?

Impressive resource site!

Welcome aboard - great to see new members - and the game is definitely alive and well - new canon source material being released for the first time in nearly 20 years

ChalkLine 01-28-2018 04:13 AM

Hello guys!

:looks at calendar:

Wow, it's been about ten years since I was here!

mcchordsage 01-28-2018 09:40 AM

Welcome back! It was only five years between posts for me.

Raellus 01-28-2018 12:08 PM

Welcome back, Chalk. We've missed you.

Silent Hunter UK 01-28-2018 12:26 PM

Welcome back!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

crazyritz 01-28-2018 05:43 PM

Hello guys, my name is Ritz and I am the latest addition to this community. It is so nice to meet you all. :p

swaghauler 02-01-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyritz (Post 76995)
Hello guys, my name is Ritz and I am the latest addition to this community. It is so nice to meet you all. :p

Welcome aboard sir! Please check out the Forum Thread Map and add your thoughts to the various topics located there. If you have any questions about thread Necromancy, just ask Wallshadow. He's our resident Necromancer. Just watch what you're doing with that. Surviving WWIII is bad enough without having to fight off Eldrich Horrors too! :)

mike77 03-29-2018 12:35 AM

Hi all, found T2K a couple months ago and found little love for it from my in person gaming group or online, very pleased to find this forum. is there a section for players looking for campaigns/one shots?

Olefin 03-29-2018 07:14 AM

welcome to the forum and T2K - there is at least one post looking for players for an online game - I know there are several online campaigns going on

puška 06-04-2018 08:59 PM

(May 35th is an appropriate day to post.)
Long-time reader, frequent lurker, recent member.

Love reading the archived threads for culling ideas, and I hope to contribute something worthwhile in return... even if it's nothing more than some lurid tale from a member of our gaming group who was a pilot for Maybe Airlines flying into Sarajevo during the Siege.

swaghauler 06-11-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puška (Post 78224)
(May 35th is an appropriate day to post.)
Long-time reader, frequent lurker, recent member.

Love reading the archived threads for culling ideas, and I hope to contribute something worthwhile in return... even if it's nothing more than some lurid tale from a member of our gaming group who was a pilot for Maybe Airlines flying into Sarajevo during the Siege.

Welcome aboard!

Lurken 08-16-2018 12:22 AM

Hi all

Based in Stockholm and have hosted one game so far, played many more of T2k over internet. Currently busy trying to script up as much of the game as possible to make life as easy as possible for GMs and players, also trying to iteratively make best solution for spreadsheet management of inventory, gear and characters.

All this, because I'm lazy.

StainlessSteelCynic 08-16-2018 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurken (Post 78844)
Hi all

Based in Stockholm and have hosted one game so far, played many more of T2k over internet. Currently busy trying to script up as much of the game as possible to make life as easy as possible for GMs and players, also trying to iteratively make best solution for spreadsheet management of inventory, gear and characters.

All this, because I'm lazy.

Hey, if you've got the tools to make life easier, why not use them!
I'm sure that there's plenty of people who would have liked something like this 10 years ago :)

And also, welcome to the forum for all the new members.

Lurken 08-16-2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic (Post 78845)
Hey, if you've got the tools to make life easier, why not use them!
I'm sure that there's plenty of people who would have liked something like this 10 years ago :)

And also, welcome to the forum for all the new members.

Thanks, and I do hope that what I do might help convince new players to pick up the game. (I know I've been busy in my circles) Because I know that T2k is pretty damn daunting of a system at first glance. I had to hold my players hand a lot, just to make the transition for them an easier thing. So, with the tools I am making and will be making, I hope to lower the treshhold for other people too.

Olefin 08-17-2018 12:03 PM

Welcome aboard and welcome to the board - and hope you enjoy some of the new official Twilight 2000 material that has been released in the last year and a half

Ooo_Smart 01-07-2019 07:05 AM

Thank you all of you for welcoming me

swaghauler 01-12-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooo_Smart (Post 80504)
Thank you all of you for welcoming me

Welcome aboard sir!

I will encourage you to use the Search Function to find older threads and add your thoughts to them as well as checking out the posts in the Forum Thread Maps. The Thread Map Section has a lot of the more popular topics archived there. Since the Thread Maps section is fixed (as you will see) if you add any comments or new rules variations there, those posts will be permanently archived as well. This will allow future players to access your posts easier.

Swag.

Dackattack 01-22-2019 08:26 AM

Hey, I discovered this game about a year ago with a friend and his dad and had an absolute blast. Lately I've been working on campaign notes and other ideas. If anyone has any running online sessions that would be aweaome.

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

Legbreaker 01-22-2019 05:19 PM

Are you looking at real time games, or play-by-post?

Dackattack 01-22-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legbreaker (Post 80630)
Are you looking at real time games, or play-by-post?

I can do both. Real time would be fun but I'm thinking play by post, seeing as how my internet isn't stellar

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

Kappa 03-30-2019 02:14 AM

Lurkin.

Legbreaker 03-30-2019 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kappa (Post 81119)
Lurkin.

Not any more you're not! :D
Come out into the light like the rest of us freaks!

swaghauler 04-12-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kappa (Post 81119)
Lurkin.

Welcome "Dark Lurker!" Please feel free to "necro" ANY threads. Unlike other forums, we enjoy the "refreshing" or "revisiting" of old threads. You can check out the Forum Thread Map for ideas or just use the Search Function. If you have any Questions about "resurrecting threads," just ask Wallshadow. He's our resident Necromancer!

Swag.

wolffhound79 02-17-2020 06:13 PM

hello

Not really new to this site as ive come across it over the years but i am new as a member. Wanted to introduce myself and say hi!!!

B.T. 02-19-2020 03:47 AM

I haven`t been active for years, but I´m back - to gaming and to the board. So, hi to all the new (and old) members :D