RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Northern Europe / Scandinavia Sourcebook (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=6040)

Lurken 04-24-2020 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trooper (Post 83186)
In Lapland area most marauder bands should be quite small. Ten-man crew can easily take over a farm. Larger groups can take over small village. After all you need shelter and food during winter. Population density is very low in Lapland and in 2000-2001 marauder bands larger than 100 men are thing of past.

Former military units can carve small semi-feudal states that control 10 000 – 20 000 square kilometer areas. In Finland most probable place is Sodankyla, its also home of Jaeger Brigade. Probably area can support 500-1000 men unit

Hmm... yea, I know Lapland is harsh. Hence my idea of letting the Sapmi gain effective power in those areas, due to their experience of living of the land. But I underestimated the sheer harshness it seems.

Hmm.. then Sodankyla might be a source of power if nothing else. Haparande should be able to survive due to its fisheries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enfield (Post 83190)
Not sure, but has anyone added this?

Sweden

Missed that version, always good with inspiration. But it does clash with the established lore at some places, as talks being held in Oslo that was strategically nuked as per Boomer.

Trooper 04-26-2020 05:06 AM

Old FDF training video Taistelukentta (Battlefield Finland).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB9ny9SR9Qs

Film was made in 1998. Nice material, if you need some ideas about FDF tactics and equipment in “Twilight era”. All the troops in film were first line troop, only 1/5 of the ground forces had modern gear like kevlar helmets and vests.

Lurken 05-05-2020 03:19 AM

With the files and information available from Antennas new website I have gotten some more inspiration and important tidbits. I have done more work with the histories of each country and region. Below is the current version of the history of the Twilight War in Denmark. Enjoy and please come with critique if I have missed anything.

A Brief History of Twilight War in Denmark
Denmark saw little actual fighting on its own soil except for localized naval raids and spetsnaz raids. This however did not spare Denmark from seeing heavy destruction. Denmark was early targeted by efforts of PACT-forces to deny danish shipping lanes and harbors to NATO to hinder NATO naval units access to the Baltic sea. NATO on its side used extensive mining of the straits to deny PACT naval forces escape the Baltic sea and conduct naval raids in southern Norway and elsewhere. As the war progressed danish harbors on the western coast saw more and more shipping diverted to it as the eastern half of Denmark became all but inaccessible. However this shifted PACT tactics to target key infrastructure hubs as highway bridges, rolling stocks, railroad junctions and harbor installations. During this time the danish population began to flee cities and into the countryside. The remaining military forces that had not been deployed to Germany did what it could to assist local civilian authorities and police to maintain order and stability. When the war turned nuclear in 1997 things turned quickly to the worse for the danish people and government. Most major cities were engulfed in nuclear fire, and virtually all strategic targets as major airports, harbors, logistical and industrial centers received the same treatment. The strategically placed island of Bornholm was notably heavily damaged by tactical nuclear weaponry, leading to the total evacuation of surviving military personnel and civilians to Denmark.

In the aftermath of the nuclear exchange and the reduction of population, production and military personnel the danes reorganized things to the best of their ability. Large numbers of danish civilians fled and were evacuated to Sweden to overcrowded refugee camps. The largest one is placed outside of Kristianstad, Scania in the southern area of Sweden numbering in over ten thousand displaced danes. The danes that stayed in Denmark saw near total societal collapse in vast areas of Denmark. As the royal family survived the nuclear exchange while relocated to Helsingör Castle in northern Zealand island, they formed the nucleus of the interim government of Denmark. Surviving elements of the civilian government attached it to the structure of the royal family, resulting in a modicum of societal stability of the destroyed nation. However, the effective control of that government is mainly restricted to the northern parts of Zealand, which also was the focus of relocation efforts.

Elsewhere Denmark was fertil, but abandoned or destroyed. With vast areas singed by nuclear hellfire and the countryside overburdened by civilians fleeing cities, order and stability soon collapsed. Many turned to banditry in order for them and their families to survive. What remained was terrorized territory with few and sparse lights of stability. Slavery, both voluntary and involuntary soon returned due to sheer nessesity of farming, production and survival.

Ewan 05-13-2020 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I noticed in the previews of the new version of Twilight 2000 they have a map of Sweden.

Raellus 05-13-2020 09:40 AM

The product description for the upcoming 4th edition of T2K mentions that the starting box set includes Sweden as an alternative setting to Poland. Makes sense since the developer is Swedish.

Lurken 05-13-2020 10:10 AM

Noticed it.

Don't know how to deal with it yet. I don't know how their history of the war is. So I think that the project will ignore this and keep it lore friendly to T2k v.1, v.2 and v.2.2.

StainlessSteelCynic 05-13-2020 11:13 AM

In the information they have released so far Fria Ligan gives a very basic overview of the world background and it sounds very much like the timeline from T2k Ver2.2

Lurken 05-14-2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic (Post 83353)
In the information they have released so far Fria Ligan gives a very basic overview of the world background and it sounds very much like the timeline from T2k Ver2.2

Yes. However the official timeline for Sweden in v2.2 is that nothing really happened to it other than the northern territories got ravaged by the war. The map we can see is in the southern middle part, which seems to be destroyed by war. So, both can't be easily true at the same time.

StainlessSteelCynic 05-14-2020 01:38 AM

Ah yes, good point. With Fria Ligan wanting to make Sweden a site for adventures, they've probably changed the background a lot to make it interesting for players.
So like you mentioned, it's difficult to work out a history for your sourcebook that's compatible with Fria Ligan without knowing what they are going to do with Sweden.

Legbreaker 08-06-2020 09:16 PM

@Lurken
You might find this useful. https://theprinciplesofwar.com/podca...ith-nordbat-2/

Hybris 08-12-2020 11:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I found some "old" military exercise maps that i have saved for greater gaming in some future.i always thought there was just navigational airmaps over Sweden but it turned out to be more.

Lurken 08-13-2020 12:16 AM

If you have other regions showing on those maps I would be interested in giving pics/scans of them to my graphic guy I have secured for the book.

Hybris 08-13-2020 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have but i acquired them many years ago in some vivid dream to reproduce them but it was ridiculously expensive. Since then i realized there is something called copyright and the The Swedish Defence Materiel Administration ( FMV) pulled everything offline because people didn't quote them correctly. Since then Kickstarter has appeared and maybe time is right to see what "value" these maps hold. I will make some attempt to find out next week to find out under what permissions i can reproduce and make publicly available. I'm still in the service so i don't need to start from the bottom to find out but i want to do this the right.

Lurken 08-13-2020 01:44 PM

Oooh, the Swedish maps even! Är du i svenska militären? Jag vet att saker kan vara känsliga, speciellt med militära dokument.

Anyways, I do appreciate any and all effort. What I would do, is to send them to my graphic guy. Ask him to retouch or get inspired by them, and write in the book that the original is feomthe Swedish Armed Forces.

Hybris 08-13-2020 03:40 PM

Yup i'm in the service. and since i want to continue to be i will do this right:)

Hybris 08-13-2020 11:39 PM

I can't find mine right now but i think this magazine also included material about the T2K in space and about those stranded in space.This is not the same version as antenna since he used the finish books if i remember it correctly.

https://www.alfaspel.se/482-sinkadus...2-rubicon-nr-3